Game of Thrones: Season 7

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Okay, if IMDB is correct (I know it can get some things wrong since ordinary people can edit it), these are the run times for the final 3 episodes of the season.

I'll give you a moment to let it sink in that there are only 3 left and then we have to wait a year (or potentially more) :(

Eastwatch: 59 minutes
Episode 6: 71 minutes
Episode 7: 81 minutes

The final two episodes are going to be the longest in Game of Thrones history, so friendly reminder that if you're like me, and don't start watching the show immediately at 9 EST, it could be a long night.
The producers have said the last two episodes are the longest in GOT history and that the final season will also have long episodes. I'm guessing we will have to wait more than a year again. All those special effects take a long time.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
The producers have said the last two episodes are the longest in GOT history and that the final season will also have long episodes. I'm guessing we will have to wait more than a year again. All those special effects take a long time.
It's mostly the length of the next episode that's up in the air, I guess. You're right about the final 2 episodes though.

I find it kind of hilarious that the show actually needs to wait for winter to come now, to film at various locations :D

I'd expect each episode of the final season to be at least 1 hour long, with the finale being 2 hours.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It's mostly the length of the next episode that's up in the air, I guess. You're right about the final 2 episodes though.

I find it kind of hilarious that the show actually needs to wait for winter to come now, to film at various locations :D

I'd expect each episode of the final season to be at least 1 hour long, with the finale being 2 hours.

They have had to find new locations too as some of the original locations for the North are not getting enough snow anymore.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
So does anyone think the 'burning of all the grain' theory is legit and will come back to haunt Danni?
Yeah they are going to run out of food quick in Westeros. Winter is here and they have spent the past 7? years fighting instead of getting ready for Winter. Now they have burned a large amount of food.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Yeah they are going to run out of food quick in Westeros. Winter is here and they have spent the past 7? years fighting instead of getting ready for Winter. Now they have burned a large amount of food.
Dany is incredibly ignorant about the concept of winter. She's spent her entire life in tropical climates, and now she's trying to conquer a continent that is about to be covered in snow (and some parts already are). People have already starved in the North. Sansa may not remember the last winter too well, but at least she knows what to do and how to try to save people. Dany probably just doomed a lot of people in the South.

I don't think it will happen, but I would find it really interesting if the show pits two Mad Queens against each other.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Care to give more details? I just know that she burned the food stock of King's Landing, which was previously the food of farmers in the Reach.

Just the theory that Winter is coming... the country has already been war torn for years now... and the Lannisters (and the North) were already scrounging to build up their stores. Here they just nuked a sizable amount they drained an entire region of.. and this is the same population that Danni hopes to rule over. So King's Landing's problems will be her problems once she conquers.

Basically.. back to the ruling a graveyard kind of comment.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Just the theory that Winter is coming... the country has already been war torn for years now... and the Lannisters (and the North) were already scrounging to build up their stores. Here they just nuked a sizable amount they drained an entire region of.. and this is the same population that Danni hopes to rule over. So King's Landing's problems will be her problems once she conquers.

Basically.. back to the ruling a graveyard kind of comment.
Let's say Dany does attack King's Landing using her 3 WMD dragons... will the throne room resemble what she saw in her vision in Season 2?

maxresdefault.jpg

I know it was a common idea that she was surrounded by snow, but what if it's ash?

I hope it's addressed next week about Dany destroying the food. She won't be a popular queen if she can't feed her people. That's partially why Margaery was so loved- she brought a lot of food to KL.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Let's say Dany does attack King's Landing using her 3 WMD dragons... will the throne room resemble what she saw in her vision in Season 2?

maxresdefault.jpg

I know it was a common idea that she was surrounded by snow, but what if it's ash?

I hope it's addressed next week about Dany destroying the food. She won't be a popular queen if she can't feed her people. That's partially why Margaery was so loved- she brought a lot of food to KL.

Well the 7 pointed star is a problem... ;)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Something takes the roof off. It's most likely a dragon or maybe Cersi or Jamie decide to go out in a blaze of glory. Cersi if all hope is lost might light it up or maybe in Jamie is forced to kill her he might burn the throne room.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Cersi's pregnancy just screws up the whole Euron angle. For the first time this season Cersi had a bad episode. Arya's was good.
Cersei may think that she learned from her father, but Tywin believed in valuable marriage alliances. While Euron's a bit of a wildcard, Cersei still should have accepted the proposal on the spot and married him immediately. And speaking of Euron... where is he? He was everywhere during the first 3 episodes, and now the show has shifted focus to the non-Greyjoy characters (no Theon in Eastwatch either). I'm pretty sure the actor had talked about how much crazy stuff Euron was going to get into, and yet we haven't seen him or Yara since the third episode.

The only main cast member that the show has offed this season was Ellaria Sand (and we're never even going to see her die onscreen). I have no idea what the show has planned at this point, but Bronn, wonderful as though he may be, should have died in the last episode. What better way for Cersei to show her prowess than to have Bronn killed for setting up a meeting with Tyrion?

I've been enjoying the episodes, but something just feels off this season. The pacing is faster, but I feel like we're losing some of those key quiet scenes. I want to see Arya, Bran, and Sansa discussing their lives. I want Arya to mention slaughtering the Freys. Instead, we're getting scenes with less of a payoff.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
So I've decided that I might have to rely on fanfiction to get me through all of the missing conversations (that would have occurred if the show had 10 episodes this season). I understand that Arya and Sansa are practically strangers to each other right now (and this is coming off several years of squabbling as children), but they have had no conversations with each other about how they got out of King's Landing. For all we know, Arya just knows that Sansa was briefly married to Tyrion, and she didn't kill Joffrey. In terms of context clues and the conversations we've seen, Arya doesn't know about the Battle of the B______s. Or the torture that Sansa went through (Joffrey, Lysa, Littlefinger, Ramsay). Or even about anything that happened with Theon (and therefore, Bran and Rickon).

Conversely, Sansa doesn't know about Arya's experience with Tywin Lannister, or her adventures with the Hound. Or how close Arya was to being reunited with Robb & Catelyn at the Twins (or being reunited with Sansa at the Eyrie). Sansa knows that Arya has become a trained fighter, but she doesn't know that she had to go to Essos for that.

I'm hoping this is addressed next episode, because it just feels off. In any other season, this would be addressed. Eastwatch was a bit of a breather episode, but we still couldn't get a heart to heart. And if they fight? Just grab Bran, he's got the memories cataloged somewhere in that tree-mind of his.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I don't know how they're going to deal with that storyline unless he gets killed off soon anyway.
I see Euron sticking around until Season 8 at this point. Theon will perform some sort of self sacrifice to free Yara, but he's not in any kind of fighting shape physically or mentally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom