Choza de Margarita Coming to Epcot's Mexico Pavilion

PREMiERdrum

Maybe it's just been unfortunate timing on our part, but each time we've tried to visit the Cantina's QS counter, we've gotten trapped in that odd bottleneck between the entry arch, the counter, and the seating. Making some of these items available across the street may help alleviate some of the crowding over there.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, April 11. The construction walls have been in place for months, but recently the new building behind the walls can be seen. Still a ways to go, but there is progress. First, the view of the construction wall.

IMG_9464.JPG

Here is the "beach shack" themed building under construction.

IMG_9465.JPG

Last edited:

JimW

Premium Member
Photo update as of Tuesday, April 11. The construction walls have been in place for months, but recently the new building behind the walls can be seen. Still a ways to go, but there is progress. First, the view of the construction wall.

View attachment 199371

Here is the "beach shack" themed building being constructed.

View attachment 199372
Thanks for sharing this! I had been wondering what was happening with Choza. It'll be interesting to see what impact this has to the interior of the Mexico pavilion. I won't lie: I've been a frequent patron of La Cava, but I've also experienced the pain of La Cava lines winding up the ramps and completely clogging up the flow in and out of the pavilion.

It's funny, though.. I remember several years ago that La Cava had a Twitter promotion for cheap shots to get people in the door. Now, they line up an hour in advance of opening. Some would argue that this is a microcosm of Epcot as a whole...

Otterhead

I remember several years ago that La Cava had a Twitter promotion for cheap shots to get people in the door. Now, they line up an hour in advance of opening.
Word of mouth about wonderful things does tend to cause them to be popular, it's true.
Although a great deal of the time, I've noticed that the La Cava line is just to pick up a margarita and go; there's nearly always seats inside if you walk past the line and ask to be seated. I'm hoping this stand alleviates the line.

durangojim

Word of mouth about wonderful things does tend to cause them to be popular, it's true.
Although a great deal of the time, I've noticed that the La Cava line is just to pick up a margarita and go; there's nearly always seats inside if you walk past the line and ask to be seated. I'm hoping this stand alleviates the line.
This. We were there on St. Patrick's day and the line was incredibly long. I went up to the host and asked about a table for 4 and we were seated within 5 minutes. Not sure why anyone would wait in line when they can sit and have that wonderful sangrita and queso dip!

lukacseven

Does anyone know if the margaritas will be served in a traditional margarita glass (plastic version of course) or some sort of novelty cup? I've always wanted to stop along the marathon course and have a margarita to take across the finish line. You don't get the same effect if it's just in a regular cup.

NiarrNDisney

I'm betting it will be open for Food & Wine, I know F&W is starting early this year (Aug. 27th) so they better get a move on it!

Biff215

I'm betting it will be open for Food & Wine, I know F&W is starting early this year (Aug. 27th) so they better get a move on it!
You got me excited as I'll be there then but it begins August 31. I agree that's likely the target for getting this done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom