News World Drive Magic Kingdom Intersection Re-Design

Dr.GrantSeeker

I was just in Disney this weekend and snapped some pics of this construction. Not much has changed in the past month but here ya go.
Photos as of April 28th 2017
IMG_3716[1].JPG
IMG_3719[1].JPG
IMG_3720[1].JPG
IMG_3722[2].JPG
IMG_3724[1].JPG
IMG_3726[1].JPG
IMG_3727[1].JPG

Disone

Any construction news?
Pylons are going up all over the place. Aside from that a lot of dirt is moving. Aside from that a lot of the roadways are being diverted to accommodate construction vehicles. I feel like I4 is being built faster than these Walt Disney World roadways especially the SR536 and Buena Vista Drive interchange. Oh my God will that one ever be completed?

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Pylons are going up all over the place. Aside from that a lot of dirt is moving. Aside from that a lot of the roadways are being diverted to accommodate construction vehicles. I feel like I for is being built faster than these Walt Disney World roadways especially the SR536 and Buena Vista Drive interchange. Oh my God will that one ever be completed?
Hey! Thank you very much for the very speedy update!:)

mm121

I miss the days of when we could get good updated aerials, that always helped to put things in perspective.

such a beautiful thing to drive into upon entry to the magic kingdom, not so magical but has needed to be done for years

RSoxNo1

I think they could have shown a rendering of this project at the D23 Expo and people would have gotten a kick out of it.
They were too busy making everyone get teary eyed with video of a deaf girl and a story about an autistic boy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and I think I've posted similar photos elsewhere. It looks like Disney is adding a new entrance to the Magic Kingdom North West of the park. Here are some photos of the cleared area as well as a photo of a logical road. Has this been announced anywhere?View attachment 220868
View attachment 220869
View attachment 220871
View attachment 220870

Yes, permits were field a while ago for this. Nice to see work has finally started.

upload_2016-7-19_9-40-48-png.151880

mm121

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, and I think I've posted similar photos elsewhere. It looks like Disney is adding a new entrance to the Magic Kingdom North West of the park. Here are some photos of the cleared area as well as a photo of a logical road. Has this been announced anywhere?View attachment 220868
View attachment 220869
View attachment 220871
View attachment 220870

nice to see this beginning, if they do this part then they just have the middle section to finish once the mk entrance is reworked

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 220869
View attachment 220871
View attachment 220870
Pssst. It's over here http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...rance-to-property.878011/page-16#post-7840076

Thanks for the update :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom