‘Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire’ Experience coming to Disney Springs

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just said something similar in the main thread- Littlemissmatched is right next to it- so doubtful there is enough room. Wolfgang Puck's building would have plenty- but what a waste of waterfront location and restaurant if so.
Regardless- 4 months to retrofit any of those pre-existing building would be way too soon for "Holidays" unless they mean next year... :cautious:

Definitly not Fun Finds...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/st...open-in-the-marketplace-at-disney-springs.htm

bclane

Here is a review of The Void's biggest project to date w/ their Ghostbuster's VR Experience.
https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/29/...sion-the-void-times-square-madame-tussauds-vr

That should give people a good understanding of what Star War's VR experience might be like, as well as the price- for Ghostbusters at Time Square is $20 as an add-on to Madame Tussaud- or it is $50 as a stand-alone.

I think it will still sell like hot cakes and review very well- like Ghostbusters does. Me? I don't need to do it- but to be in a spot like Disney Springs, it will get tons of foot traffic from on-site and off-site guests alone. These are the types of attractions Disney needs to get the locals to the Springs more often to make a weekend out of it. In combination with the new restaurants that are doing tremendously well and the updated Cirque show- it seems like 2018 is going to be pretty bright for DS.

ETA- the more I think about this- the smarter a move this is. The droves of people that will flock to DHS in 2019/2020 to "Experience Star Wars" will not want to incorporate this "new attraction" into the mix as well- bringing a huge amount of that traffic to Disney Springs.
Not bad thinking Disney, not bad at all.
Holy Cow! That looks like so much fun! They better have an annual pass option for this or include it as a benefit on my AP like Disney Quest used to be or I am gonna go broke. Please be merciful Mickey. You know you already own me!

BoarderPhreak

This looks awesome.

That said... $20-50?!

tenor.gif

bclane

This looks awesome.

That said... $20-50?!

tenor.gif

The thing is, if they don't charge at least that much the lines will be like 4 hours long to play. Of course, I am no prophet (or the son of one), but I expect this to be extremely popular even at those prices. There will always be geeks like me that will pay ridiculous amounts of money to play Star Wars every chance we get. Star Wars fans are different than you average population. :happy:

BoarderPhreak

Yeah that's crazy expensive for a 10 to 15 minutes. I'd happily pay $50 for a full hour in there.

I think you and me both... At least once.

The thing is, if they don't charge at least that much the lines will be like 4 hours long to play. Of course, I am no prophet (or the son of one), but I expect this to be extremely popular even at those prices. There will always be geeks like me that will pay ridiculous amounts of money to play Star Wars every chance we get. Star Wars fans are different than you average population. :happy:

That's just it. The high cost will keep the numbers down - at least somewhat... But yeah, there will always be a line for it regardless.

dreamscometrue

This looks awesome.

That said... $20-50?!

tenor.gif

Yeah that's crazy expensive for a 10 to 15 minutes. I'd happily pay $50 for a full hour in there.
I actually don't find that at all expensive for such an immersive experience. I think I'm just used to expecting that everything while on vacation (not even necessarily at Disney) is a bit pricey. All based on supply and demand. I know a person who just paid several hundred dollars for a cabana at Volcano Bay, besides admission for the family. $500+ for a water park day?! I can't believe people pay for that. But, I'm sure people think it's crazy to pay for this experience, so to each his own. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It will go into Once Upon a Toy

Interesting... OUaT was the anchor last year of everything Christmasy at DS last year.

There's also an unresolved rumor from Twitter source that the Marketplace is going to be refurbed sometime the end of this year or beginning of next, likely the way Fulton's, Planet Hollywood, and Characters in Flight were 'asked' to refurb for the new DS.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting... OUaT was the anchor last year of everything Christmasy at DS last year.

There's also an unresolved rumor from Twitter source that the Marketplace is going to be refurbed sometime the end of this year or beginning of next, likely the way Fulton's, Planet Hollywood, and Characters in Flight were 'asked' to refurb for the new DS.
Yes there are plans for the Marketplace that would significantly change its appearance.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Could this be going where Disney Quest was? Seems likely based on the type of building needed to host this attraction.

I remember the NBA experience was supposed to go in here but have not heard of any updates.
They won't need a building for this attraction - they could do it in a parking lot. It will be temporary but awesome while it is there. Here is a link to a Verge article about what the VOID did with the recent Ghostbusters experience. Glad to see this collaboration come to Disney! https://www.theverge.com/2016/6/29/...sion-the-void-times-square-madame-tussauds-vr

YodaMan

This seems like something that could be updated every year or so with a new SW storyline or IP altogether by changing the VR aspect. Is this a correct assumption? If so, that would really help with repeat visitors and keep locals coming.

It's a shame this idea couldn't have been used for Disney Quest. What with the rise of VR and Escape Rooms, DQ could have easily been updated for modern times, and would have had far more repeatability for locals than it did in its final form. Le sigh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom