Trip Report A trip that never was - And always will be

My emotional state towards writing this trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. How so, @wdisney9000 , you may ask? Well, many trip reports begin with people explaining how sad they are to be home and no longer in Disney World. I have had the old "Disney blues" many times myself. It is a gut wrenching feeling. But...not this time. I am not going through that emotional roller coaster of reminding myself that 48 hours ago, at this time of day, I was walking into Epcot heading towards Soarin'. I am glad to be home and leaving Disney World was not difficult nor sad, but not because it was a bad trip or because Disney World is getting old,.... No, no, no. It was one of the best family trips I have ever had, which would make one think that leaving would be even more depressing, yet it wasnt.

We have all experienced that sadness that begins to creep in the last day of your trip. You wake up excited to get to the parks but you are quickly reminded that when you wake up the next morning it will be time to take the walk of shame through the lobby with your luggage and your forced to see cars pulling up and families hop out whose trip is just beginning. You think to yourself, "that was ME just a week ago!!!:bawling::bawling::bawling:!!!!!" But in a strange twist of fate, that did not happen when we checked out. I was actually excited for the families whose Disney journey was just beginning. Normally I would want to smack that ear to ear smile right off their faces so they would be in pain like me. But nope. Not this time. I will explain why in just a bit. But I digress....lets get to the report already, shall we?

My parents decided it best to pick me up around 5 a.m. This would put us in Orlando around noon and we had an ADR for Biergarten at 2:55. I was up at 4:00 am and awaiting their arrival.

IMG_20170610_050153.jpg

Here is me at 4:55 waiting on the patio. I called my sister as I waited and they were just hitting the road as well. Keep in mind, my father still had no idea they were coming. My parents arrived at 5 and we were off!

We cruised though the city and had good traffic for most of the ride. Aside from my mom having to stop and pee every hour, we were making great time. Even saw some hot air balloons on the way which reminded me of soarin.

IMG_20170610_080054.jpg

There were about 10 hot air balloons, but this was the photo I got, lol.

I was texting my sister every hour or so to see where they were at and surprisingly we were only about 30 miles ahead of them.

Soon we were in Florida. As we passed all the anti-abortion signs it sparked a small debate on the subject which led to several other small debates, (remember, my father is a lawyer so debating/arguing is what he lives for). It helped pass the time and before we knew it we were pulling up to the toll booth. I texted my sister as we waited to pull up and she tells me they are at the toll booth as well!!!!! I look to my right and there they are.....right next to us!!!! What are the chances? --- We had rented a car, so had my sister, so luckily my dad didnt notice them, but still, we got a little nervous. I will NEVER forget the look on my brother in laws face, who was driving. It was a look of sheer helplessness, lol. We got through first and they slowed down to give us the lead. It was the first of many tense moments to keep it a secret that they were joining us.

Fast forward an hour or so aaaaaaaaand........

BINGO!

IMG_20170610_122320.jpg

We got to AKL around 12 (noon) and checked in, but the room was not ready.

IMG_20170610_124351.jpg

Such a great lobby and the smell wafting up from Boma makes it even better when you first walk in.

The CM noticed we had three separate DVC reservations. I explained we had to make 3 separate ones since not all days we available when we first booked so we added the days when they became available. He told he would link the three together so we would not have to change rooms. I thanked him, and then we cleaned up a bit and headed to Epcot for our Biergarten ADR.

IMG_20170610_132234.jpg

Mom and Dad at the bus stop.

On the bus ride to Epcot my dad started talking about the grand kids and how much fun they would have if they were there. He had even called my sister called my sister a few days before we left and offered to bring them and even pay for them but my sister told them the boys had Lacrosse camp and it was non refundable, (good one, sis!). He stared telling stories of all the memories of prior trips with the young ones. As my dad as deep in thought during his story telling, my mom gave me a quick look with a grin as if to say, "we got him right where we want him", and I slightly nodded back to confirm.

IMG_20170610_135019.jpg

We arrived at Epcot and there was a light sprinkle of rain which really cooled of the air. IT felt great outside.

Remember in my introduction of the TR when I said I wasnt sad to leave WDW? Well, thats because I did something I havent done in nearly three years. I picked up one of these little beauties ..........

IMG_20170610_140740.jpg

Yippie!!!!!!! Now I can return often which makes me not sad. Im sure some (or most of you) already figured this out when I said I wasnt sad to leave, lol. Now I can live that @Tuvalu life !!!

It felt like Christmas morning as the CM scanned my band and then proceeded to hand me the pass. Now all I need was a frosty cold one in my hand!!!!

But first...a picture with my old friend...

IMG_20170610_140758.jpg

I was able to move up the time on reservation at Biergarten so we only had about 20 minutes before it was a time to eat. I stopped off in Karamell-Kuche to tease @sheriffwoody and ser her a few photos of where I was.

Soon it was time to eat, and I had my had 1 liter hefeweizen in hand, cheers @lostpro9het !

IMG_20170610_151416.jpg

to be continued.........

Attachments

• IMG_20170610_144143.jpg
    IMG_20170610_144143.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 71

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 contd...

After lunch we all boarded the Liberty Square River Boat. By now it was BLAZING hot out and after we boarded it took about 15 minutes before we pushed off which meant jut waiting in the heat. Once we finally got underway, there was a slight breeze which made it better.

Nice view of BTMR from the boat

IMG_20170613_130821.jpg

IMG_20170613_131041.jpg

Apparently there is some craze with the kids these days to flip a bottle and make it land upright. This was a constant game the kids were playing, whether we were sitting at a table eating or riding on the boat. But at least it is a game that requires some skill. The kids decided the lower deck offered a great area to play their game under some shade

IMG_20170613_131145.jpg

IMG_20170613_131648.jpg

Soon we were back at the dock and we headed to HM.

IMG_20170613_132552.jpg

IMG_20170613_132923.jpg

Next we headed over to Tomorrowland and attempted to ride SM but the wait was ridiculous. Then we saw dark clouds moving in so we decided it was time for afternoon break. I was relieved as I was sweaty, tired and wanted to clean up a bit. On the way out I was telling the kids about infamous "purple wall" and that we ad to get a pic. I asked my nephew to take one of me and here is what he got, smh. He actually just zoomed in and then he took a second pic with no zoom

IMG_20170613_140830.jpg

Here is the proper one

IMG_20170613_140834.jpg

He decided he would switch things up and took a pic by the grey wall a little further down the pathway. We sent this to my brother back at home as it drives him nuts when we dont send Disney pics with enough magic in the background. He can thank himself for us teasing him because when my sister first started taking her random Disney pics with no identifiable "Disney" in the background, he would get upset, so now we tease him of course.

IMG_20170613_141024.jpg

I caught a pic of the incoming storm on the way out to the bus

IMG_20170613_141754.jpg

We left just in time. It started raining shortly after getting on the bus. The kids wanted to go with mom and dad to swim at AKL and I joined my brother and sister to head to BC. We relaxed as we watched the Jeff Sessions hearing on the news. We had fun switching back and forth from CNN to Fox to see the completely contrasting commentary on the coverage. My sister fell asleep and my brother and I headed to Epcot since we had a free pass from my sister allowing him to join me on a drunken escapade around WS. I prepped my custom shirt which I had kept in my backpack all day so I had a fresh clean shirt!

Hit the upload limit, will continue later

fractal

Day 4 contd...

After lunch we all boarded the Liberty Square River Boat. By now it was BLAZING hot out and after we boarded it took about 15 minutes before we pushed off which meant jut waiting in the heat. Once we finally got underway, there was a slight breeze which made it better.

Nice view of BTMR from the boat

View attachment 215122

View attachment 215123

Apparently there is some craze with the kids these days to flip a bottle and make it land upright. This was a constant game the kids were playing, whether we were sitting at a table eating or riding on the boat. But at least it is a game that requires some skill. The kids decided the lower deck offered a great area to play their game under some shade

View attachment 215124

View attachment 215125

Soon we were back at the dock and we headed to HM.

View attachment 215126

View attachment 215127

Next we headed over to Tomorrowland and attempted to ride SM but the wait was ridiculous. Then we saw dark clouds moving in so we decided it was time for afternoon break. I was relieved as I was sweaty, tired and wanted to clean up a bit. On the way out I was telling the kids about infamous "purple wall" and that we ad to get a pic. I asked my nephew to take one of me and here is what he got, smh. He actually just zoomed in and then he took a second pic with no zoom

View attachment 215128

Here is the proper one

View attachment 215129

He decided he would switch things up and took a pic by the grey wall a little further down the pathway. We sent this to my brother back at home as it drives him nuts when we dont send Disney pics with enough magic in the background. He can thank himself for us teasing him because when my sister first started taking her random Disney pics with no identifiable "Disney" in the background, he would get upset, so now we tease him of course.

View attachment 215130

I caught a pic of the incoming storm on the way out to the bus

View attachment 215131

We left just in time. It started raining shortly after getting on the bus. The kids wanted to go with mom and dad to swim at AKL and I joined my brother and sister to head to BC. We relaxed as we watched the Jeff Sessions hearing on the news. We had fun switching back and forth from CNN to Fox to see the completely contrasting commentary on the coverage. My sister fell asleep and my brother and I headed to Epcot since we had a free pass from my sister allowing him to join me on a drunken escapade around WS. I prepped my custom shirt which I had kept in my backpack all day so I had a fresh clean shirt!

Hit the upload limit, will continue later

Going to try and do the Liberty Belle and Tom Sawyer's Island this trip.

Looking forward to seeing footage of the drunken escapade!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Going to try and do the Liberty Belle and Tom Sawyer's Island this trip.

Looking forward to seeing footage of the drunken escapade!
It had been years since I had ridden the Liberty Bell. I really enjoyed it. Definitely gonna visit Tom Sawyer Island in August.

#PurpleWallFail
Complete and utter...

Songbird76

Day two....

I slept like a baby on the pull out sofa, as my parents had the bed. We had the ADR for Cape May Cafe at 10:20 which is where we would surprise my dad. My sisters ADR was for 9:45 so they could arrive first and be ready. We were up and heading out the door around 9:45. Mom was panicking that we would not make it on time since we had to switch buses to get to BC. I whipped out my phone, requested an Uber, and within 2 minutes the driver was arriving at the valet station!

We had a very sweet young lady drive us to Beach Club. It took appx ten minutes and the cost was $7.92, and we tipped her a few bucks as well. I highly recommend using Uber if you need to get somewhere quick or just want to avoid the bus. Using Uber from the resorts is great. Not so much if your leaving a park. The drivers cant pull up to the entrance of the park.

We arrived at BC and I took a moment to take a deeeeeeeep breathe of the amazing smell of the lobby. Its almost as good as the lobby in Yacht Club...almost. lol. Remember being young and inhaling the fruity scented markers at school? Thats kinda the method I use to take in the smell of the lobby, lol. If you never partook in fruity marker sniffing as a child, you missed out, but you also probly have waaaaay more brain cells left than I do:eek:o_O.

My sister had text me to let me know they were seated and ready. Mom, dad and I lined up at the podium. It was pretty busy with the morning breakfast rush. My sister calls me to see where we are and I tell her we are at he podium at the front. She gasps and then tells me that they are seated directly to the right of the entrance in the dining room and my niece is at the buffet getting food and will need to walk DIRECTLY passed the podium to get back into the dining room. Mind you, my dad is standing DIRECTLY next to the podium. I walk into the main area and see my niece hiding behind the pillar (which is about 15 feet from where my dad is standing). I see my sister on the inside wall of the dining room giving my niece hand signals to stay still. My poor little niece looked like a deer in headlights as she stood their clutching her plate of food and crouching behind the pillar.

View attachment 211997

I am standing directly between them to shield my dad from seeing her. My niece is looking at me like, "what do i do??!!!!" I quietly mouthed "STAY STILL". I still had the phone to my ear so i turned and my dad was chatting with my mom so I told my niece to go for it and I sort of side stepped in front of her just in case. My niece quickly rushed into the dining room and i turned around to see if we made it. We did! But my dad asks me, "what the heck are you doing?" I just said I was trying to see the buffet.

The waitress that had seated my sister knew the plan and came over to me to let me know she would seat us in a moment. So as we walk in she stops my dad and we explain that he gets to choose a "special character" since its his birthday and he was asked if he would prefer a villain or a princess. He looked a little puzzled and she explained it was a "new" offering at Cape May. He said he wanted a princess. She said, "great" , right this way and proceeded to lead us into the dining area on the immediate right when you enter My dad asked if we could sit in the main area because he likes it better out there. The waitress was great though, she explained he would like the private area more. My dad said he would rather be in the main area, so she told him, "just come in here for a sec, I wanna show you something". you can hear her telling him in the video. So he agreed and we entered. Here is thefootage from my sisters phone...

I love watching this because my dad sees them and does a double take real quick, the they yell surprise. It was great.

Here is the footage I got.

It did not go exactly as planned because we wanted my niece to jump out first, but it all happened so quickly that we just went with it so it wasnt botched up. As we sat down he told us he no clue whatsoever. Even with all the close calls from the day prior, he didnt think anything of it. He was very happy to see the grandkids and was all smiles. He. said it was the best surprise he had in a long time.

View attachment 211998

Now it was time to eat!!!!!!

View attachment 211999

To be continued.....

Awwww....poor girl, hiding behind a pillar! How old is she? She looks about my daughter's age, and I can just see my daughter trying to hide from Grandpa, not wanting to ruin the surprise. Glad it all worked out!!

Songbird76

Day 3 contd.....

After our snack/lunch we made our way over to Star Tours. But a quick back story before we get into that. I see more and more "Service Dogs" in the parks these days which is a good and a bad thing. The good part being that people with actual disabilities or needs for assistance can bring their fury helpers into the park and enjoy Disney World, but the bad part being that I (as a professional trainer), witnessed several dogs that were far from actual Service/Working Dogs.

The problem I have with this is that the dog has not been acclimated to these environments and it is extremely dangerous for the dog to be put in that situation and also completely foolish of the dogs owner. There are certain criteria that a service dog must have and it is easily and almost instantly recognizable to a trained eye. A dog walking 5 feet in front of the handler, (human holding the leash) at full extension of the 5 foot leash is usually a good sign it is not trained, unless it is a tracking/detection dog which Disney has their own therefore there is no need for a guest to provide those services and I doubt Disney would allow that anyway. A dog sniffing other people and wandering a few feet from the handler is not exactly performing a "job/task for the handler either. Another sign is the gear that the dog has on. There is a big difference between a proper harness and emblems/patches that a true working dog wears versus the ones you can buy on Amazon. Thats not to say a real working dog cant have the amazon gear, but most organizations that train real working dogs provide the gear and proper patches depending on the dogs task orientation. It is not uncommon for working dogs to have "fun" patches such as a football team logo or a cartoon character but they will definitely have their working patches as well. In actuality, most true service dogs have lots of fun patches and decorations on their vest or leash which is a good sign they are a working dog because the owners take pride in their gear. But a red harness that looks like its fresh out of the wrapper and still has creases in it from where it was folded (as in they just purchased it for their Disney trip) for $21.99 from Amazon with one patch that says "service animal" , will make me take a second look.

We saw about ten dogs in the parks on our trip and from what I could tell, only 2 of them seemed legit. Well, three actually but it was two dobermans with two people in wheelchairs that were together and the other was a Labrador. It became a game of sorts for the kids and/or my sister or parents to spot a dog and then ask me if I thought it was legit or not. We would take a few seconds to watch and then I would give my answer, which was mostly a "no" with the exception of the two dobermans and the lab. We saw the Dobermans several times on our trip. Which brings me back to the TR. Sorry for the rant, but the people who simply bring their dog into Disney for fun are not doing any favors for the service dog community and when their dog freaks out or barks uncontrollably at people or stops to poop in the middle of the pathway, ...well, it doesnt give a good impression for real working dogs and the people who need them and the trainers who work with them.

So as we are in line for Star Tours, we noticed the two dobermans in a crate on the upper level of the area prior to the boarding area where you receive your 3 D glasses. There was a CM standing there to monitor them. These two dogs were actual service dogs and apparently their handlers were riding Star Tours and Disney was/is kind enough to allow them to be crated while they ride. I think it's great Disney will allow this. The two dogs were very calm and just hanging out.

View attachment 214399

Beautiful pups!

Soon we were boarding and blasting off into space! O tried putting my camera behind the 3 D glasses and filming to see it worked. It actually did. Not exactly 3 D , but it's not fuzzy

Then we got some pics in the gift shop
View attachment 214398
After Star Tours we decided it was time for afternoon break. My parents headed back to AKL and I went to BC with the my sister and them. The kids and my sister fell asleep so my brother and I snuck off to Epcot for a few brews and to try and squeeze in a few rides.

As we entered the park, my phone was low on battery and I remembered watching a Tim Tracker (YouTube channel that is awesome) episode and they paid for a charging rod for their cell phone that is exchangeable. We entered the gift shop right near the International Gateway and they had the machine to buy one. If you are not aware of these, they are awesome! You pay a one time fee of $30 and the machine dispenses a fuel rod that looks like this
View attachment 214416

It has a USB port and mini port that can adapt to any charger for.your phone. It also gives you a cable for Droid and iPhone . You simply plug into your phone and it takes about 30-40 minutes to fully charge your phone. And you can still is your phone will it charges. Once it is spent, you simply insert it back into a machine and it spits out a brand new one. According to the CM, you can exchange it as often as you like and it there is no expiration from the date of purchase. At least thats what she said. It was a great decisions as I probly exchanged two or three times per day. I still have theast one I got and they told me when I return I can just swap it out . I'll be back on August so we shall see of I still can. Even if I can't, I'll pay another $30. It's worth it (for me at least).

We grabbed two 1774's at France pavilion and made our way towards Soarin' . We took the breezeway behind club cool to grab some a/c and it was completely with the exception of Snow White just dancing around in the hallway. It was odd to see her just prancing around like he was in a Forrest. Of course we decided to chat with her and she was very nice. The princesses often comment about my tattoos and she was no exception. She even got in a few strokes on my bicep, which I didn't mind at all, hahaha. I hope I was flexing, lol.
View attachment 214415
View attachment 214419

She was awesome and played the character very well. And it's never a bad thing to have an ego boost from a Disney princess when she comments on your muscular arms, lol (I'm sure she says that to all the guys) but I'll take it!

As we exited, we got right up to the entrance to The Land and my sister calls. She requested we return to the room as the kids were up and ready to go. We decided it best to return and avoid any arguments. When we got back the kids wanted to got to AKL lodge and swim in the pool. So we called my parents and the plan was for the kids to spend the night with them at AKL and I would crash at BC. We dropped the kids off at AKL and as we pulled I was able to snag a ADR at Trattoria al Forna on the Boardwalk.

We started with some drinks of course

View attachment 214421

I ordered a meat lovers style pizza and it was delicious!
View attachment 214422
My sister had the lasagna I think and my brother ordered some type of pasta dish that I can't remember the name.
View attachment 214424
View attachment 214423

We had another off drinks and then headed back to the room and passed out.

Day 4 up next. MK rope drop in the morning. Have a great day everybody and thanks for following along!

I'm really jazzed to see your professional opinion about service dogs and I was wondering if I can send you a PM to ask some questions about a very bad experience with a "service dog".

Loving your TR, btw. I wish I was at WDW right now!!

Songbird76

Day 4

It was nice to sleep on a bed at BC but my brother left the tv on and it played infomercials all night. When I awoke, I really wanted to buy the Samsung Powerbot (robot vacuum) since I had been subliminally advertised by it ALL NIGHT LONG.

My sister and brother were fast asleep, but I wanted to make rope drop at MK so I hit the showers. My parents and the kids were up and heading there as well. It was a nice cool morning. I snapped a pic from the balcony before I headed out.

View attachment 214728
Hit the bust stop and in about 20 minutes I was at MK.
View attachment 214730
View attachment 214729
It was pretty crowded at the hub but I managed to find my parents and the kids right up front by the castle.

Soon after we met up, the show started.

View attachment 214732
View attachment 214731

I agree with others that the old rope drop ceremony was much better but I also didnt hate the new one. It was a fun show and good use of the castle. Being so close to all the lands was a bonus too. A few years ago I would have moaned and complained about the new show and the changing of location, but not visiting WDW for over a year possibly has changed my level of doom and gloom. I was just excited to be back and even more excited to have an AP again. Perhaps my D&G will rise again after a few visits within a year. We shall see. But for the time being, I enjoyed the show and then we all raced to Fantasyland. I suggested we go to Frontierland and work our way back over but the kids wanted to ride Pooh, Barnstormer, and Barnstormer 2.0 (7DMT). Pooh was first.

View attachment 214733

Today we were rocking our custom Disney t-shirts, designed by yours truly.

View attachment 214734

View attachment 214735

My dads shirt originally had the actual color image of Hook and the alligator but the design shop told me they could not print a Disney image. Oddly enough they did not care about the Porsche logo, ??? So I ahd to make the image of Hook a silhouette. It still came out ok. My moms shirt was an already existing design on Etsy or somewhere she found online, so it was pretty easy to recreate it.

View attachment 214736

After Pooh, we hit Barnstormer.

View attachment 214737
Love the shirts!! Do you order them online or is there a shop where you live?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Awwww....poor girl, hiding behind a pillar! How old is she? She looks about my daughter's age, and I can just see my daughter trying to hide from Grandpa, not wanting to ruin the surprise. Glad it all worked out!!
Ya, it was a bit tense, but she pulled it off.
I'm really jazzed to see your professional opinion about service dogs and I was wondering if I can send you a PM to ask some questions about a very bad experience with a "service dog".
Absolutely.

ScarletBegonias

Always good to see you pop up in the forums! The phone gag is fun. Especially at bag check when they give me the odd looks for having it in my backpack, lol
I can only imagine!!!!

Having had to cancel my April trip this year, and not knowing when I'll ever be back made me really really sad. It was hard to visit the forums. Then I realized I just missed reading the Trip Reports so much, I needed to come back!

blreinsel

The service dog discussion was interesting.. And those pups were precious. :inlove:

You may have enjoyed that Snow White interaction more than the average Disney goer. :p

Happy to hear that you had time to get a few important phone calls in at MK. ;)L

Trisha Lynn

Hah, love this TR so far.

Dad keeps his emotional cards pretty close to the vest (habbits of an attorney and war vet I suppose) so for him to say "this was the best surprise ive had in a long time",

Aw, so cute. My Hobbit is also an attorney, but his emotional buttons get pushed so hard at Broadway musicals. Both he and I were complete messes at Fun Home and Hamilton.

we started a circle of singing and dancing to the Shamans song....

I love how your nephew says something about slapping the camera out of their hand.

This was a big step for them and thrill rides would prove to be somewhat addicting over the rest of the trip.

I'm so proud of them, and I don't even know them. Getting past fears is tough.

asked how he found me. He said my sister and the kids wanted to ride TGMR and he figured he would check Tune In Lounge first to see if I was there.

Heh. Me and my friends were like that with the old Lost Bar during an anime convention that was there at the DLR. "Where's X?" "Did you check the Lost Bar?" "No... oh, there they are!"

Of course all the other families were too shy...but not us!!!!

Say, you wouldn't be interested in having a Filipino-American adopted cousin in Minnesota, would you? I love doing silly things and I don't get to do that a lot with my Hobbit around.

We will often hand it to a CM and tell them "Bob Iger is on the phone for you" and most of them play along with it or do something silly. Except at Haunted Mansion,....they dont play games

Why am I not surprised at this? ;)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 contd....

Brother and I started out by banking left out of International Gateway and headed towards Mexico Pavilion for our first cold one.

IMG_20170613_164255.jpg

We took the obligatory Gran Fiesta Tour while at Mexico. I rarely see the handicap boats so i decided to snap a photo

IMG_20170613_170526.jpg

Pretty exciting stuff, lol. We each grabbed another cold one as we headed toward Germany.

IMG_20170613_164351.jpg

Upon arriving in Germany I was about to order the grapefruit hefewezien when my brother informed me that it is only 2.5% alcohol content. A polite CM had told him this the other day and he looked it up online and yes, it was 2.5%. I quickly switched my order to the Dunkel. Gotta get the most bang for your buck at $7 a beer! We stopped at Japan for a quick photo with our German beers

IMG_20170613_173141.jpg

My brothers phone rings and its my sister and she says she is at WS looking for us! Fearing she was upset and was about to end our escapade, We were SHOCKED when she told us she wanted to join us! My sister is not much of a drinker and I had never strolled around WS with just her and my brother (her husband, actually my brother in-law but I dont like that term). We met her at France pavilion and quickly got a drink in her hand! (wine) and we each ordered a 1774 (Kronenburg)

IMG_20170613_173206.jpg

She was hungry so we headed back towards China pavilion as she wanted something from there. She ordered something with chicken, and I ordered a Tsing Tao (beer)

IMG_20170613_174929.jpg

We always enjoy asking the CMs at China pavilion how to pronounce Tsing. Some will say "ching" and others say "sing". It has somehow become a tradition to see which pronunciation we get when we order it.

We got a text from mom and dad that they were on the way to Epcot. So After eating, we refueled at Norway pavilion on some Einstock White Ale and headed to meet them at The Land.

IMG_20170613_184341.jpg

Brother and I each ordered a Stella Artois and I grabbed a whoopie pie (i think thats what its called). It was VERY good.

IMG_20170613_193214.jpg

Hopped on Soarin after snacking with the "Muppets" as my mom, ( @luvinthemajik ) calls them.

IMG_20170613_200438.jpg

Then headed over to TT. As always, I try and design a horrible car.

IMG_20170613_205401.jpg

It actually came in 2nd place, lol.

fractal

Day 4 contd....

Brother and I started out by banking left out of International Gateway and headed towards Mexico Pavilion for our first cold one.

View attachment 220097

We took the obligatory Gran Fiesta Tour while at Mexico. I rarely see the handicap boats so i decided to snap a photo

View attachment 220098

Pretty exciting stuff, lol. We each grabbed another cold one as we headed toward Germany.

View attachment 220099

Upon arriving in Germany I was about to order the grapefruit hefewezien when my brother informed me that it is only 2.5% alcohol content. A polite CM had told him this the other day and he looked it up online and yes, it was 2.5%. I quickly switched my order to the Dunkel. Gotta get the most bang for your buck at $7 a beer! We stopped at Japan for a quick photo with our German beers

View attachment 220100

My brothers phone rings and its my sister and she says she is at WS looking for us! Fearing she was upset and was about to end our escapade, We were SHOCKED when she told us she wanted to join us! My sister is not much of a drinker and I had never strolled around WS with just her and my brother (her husband, actually my brother in-law but I dont like that term). We met her at France pavilion and quickly got a drink in her hand! (wine) and we each ordered a 1774 (Kronenburg)

View attachment 220102

She was hungry so we headed back towards China pavilion as she wanted something from there. She ordered something with chicken, and I ordered a Tsing Tao (beer)

View attachment 220103

We always enjoy asking the CMs at China pavilion how to pronounce Tsing. Some will say "ching" and others say "sing". It has somehow become a tradition to see which pronunciation we get when we order it.

We got a text from mom and dad that they were on the way to Epcot. So After eating, we refueled at Norway pavilion on some Einstock White Ale and headed to meet them at The Land.

View attachment 220104

Brother and I each ordered a Stella Artois and I grabbed a whoopie pie (i think thats what its called). It was VERY good.

View attachment 220105

Hopped on Soarin after snacking with the "Muppets" as my mom, ( @luvinthemajik ) calls them.

View attachment 220107

Then headed over to TT. As always, I try and design a horrible car.

View attachment 220109

It actually came in 2nd place, lol.

good to see you back!

Love the beer choices, and yes that's a horrible car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom