Liberty Belle breakdown, and Mark Twain disassembly?

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
As you may have noticed for the passed week or two, the LB is temporarily not operating. The port driving rod has been removed. I spoke to a CM and he said that a "new" one is coming in from PARIS. This leads me to believe that they are disassembling the Mark Twain for spare parts.

Edit: for more context, the LB is due a new boiler and extensive refurb in the next year. She is supposed to receive a new boiler like on the Mark Twain in TDL. It is possible that this drive rod is temporary.

Attachments

• IMG_4335.JPG
    IMG_4335.JPG
    184.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4345.JPG
    IMG_4345.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4343.JPG
    IMG_4343.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 226

Kman101

No I don't. It's one of a handful of attractions on WDW's website listed as a classic. It's getting a new boiler and it's deck looks better than ever (even better than the Mark Twain at DL). If they wanted to remove the RoA, they would have done so at DL

TDO would love nothing more. It's going to keep getting love but don't kid yourself they haven't eyed the rivers and docking the Belle.

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
There is room, I wouldn't say lots.

But those classic atttactions take up a huge percentage of the parks real estate, cost a ton to operate, and have very low utilization. So they would certainly be on the chopping block to allow the park to expand.
Actually the Liberty Belle has a higher daily throughput than Enchanted Tails With Belle (due to its higher capacity). All they need to do is spice it up like they did at DL

peter11435

Actually the Liberty Belle has a higher daily throughput than Enchanted Tails With Belle (due to its higher capacity). All they need to do is spice it up like they did at DL
That is only because of Enchanted Tales with Belle's extremely low capacity, its throughput is limited by its capacity. The Liberty Belle doesn't come close to reaching its capacity.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

Original Poster
Yes. Capacity. But no where near that many actually ride.
True. But they could add more scenes like at DL and I would actually support shortening the RoA if it meant more people experienced the attraction. Add more scenes and expand toward the back of the RoA. Nothing is more magical than listening to the boiler hum, the paddle wheel splash, the steam whistle, and the bell chime in the shade while sipping a slurpy and watching the river go by.

The Empress Lilly

The Liberty Belle and the Railroad are two massive E-tickets waiting to happen. All it would take are a few pennies, peanuts compared to the billion dollar lands they're building.

On top of that they both add class, a classic Disney vibe, and beautiful park visuals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom