News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Next Big Thing

Wasn't saying it as a negative, just mentioning that a few things have changed and I think the time was trimmed a bit, was just pointing out, like you said, they adjust as they go.
Time may have been adjusted, but if it was it may only have been to adjust from a 70 minuted show (original length) to a 60-65 minute show. It was right around that hour mark (at least) when we saw it a few weeks ago.

Mike S

I saw it right after opening last year a few times and then not again until a few weeks ago (I live in FL). Knowing theatre, i'm sure things have changed based on how it worked and based on crowd reaction. I didn't notice much difference in the show but i'm sure there were some changes.
You were at D23 too?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
If they added more shops people would here would lose their minds.
I can hear the "cash grab" complaints already.

Now, if they were specialized shops like Memento Mori, I think that would be applauded.

Unique shops with unique merchandise are sorely needed at WDW what's not needed is more shops carrying the identical made in China plastic crap and overpriced t shirts

lazyboy97o

That concept art looks a bit rough and probably rushed. I'd hope they consider trees and I think the actual design of the building will look nicer. The color of the building I think overwhelms it a bit. I'm sure there will be more details on the actual building. (I'm sure I'll be told concept art is a romanticized design and that the actual building will look worse.)
The color looks like a default material that has been applied to everything. Something that really should have been avoided for publicity art.

matt9112

Also, what are the odds this new theater shares the same basic design with the new Fantasyland theater that TDL is getting?
View attachment 216127
tdr-theater.jpg

that concept art looks so amazing

EricsBiscuit

Unique shops with unique merchandise are sorely needed at WDW what's not needed is more shops carrying the identical made in China plastic crap and overpriced t shirts
Of all the Disney resorts WDW has by far the best merchandise in terms of park specific merchandise. Even DL was mostly just generic Disneyland merchandise. I have so many awesome WDW attraction and park specific t's and hats!

No Name

Personally, I'm hoping for a new production titled High School Musical: The Musical. :cool:

I'm also hoping High School Musical 4 never sees the light of day, so perhaps that's a conflict of interest. In sad news, the real East High School (where the movies were filmed) just got serevely damaged by a flash flood. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked...

In all seriousness, I just hope whatever they do come up with is a fantastic show. Two of my favorite shows in WDW involve recycled parade floats and fish on sticks, so it's more about the heart than the budget.

Last edited:

the.dreamfinder

Of all the Disney resorts WDW has by far the best merchandise in terms of park specific merchandise. Even DL was mostly just generic Disneyland merchandise. I have so many awesome WDW attraction and park specific t's and hats!
Ford isn't talking about park specific merch, he's talking about theme specific merch. Merch that is designed to fit into and enhance the store where it is sold and the theme story of the land in which it exists in.

Cesar R M

One qualm about the design... why couldn't it look more like the actual Willis Wood Theater, with a bigger facade that covers the entire front of the building?

Compare the two, which looks better? Which fits Main Street more?

View attachment 219230
View attachment 219231
Ours is also missing quite a few details. But hey, at least we are getting this. In a sea of questionable decisions, this as a huge positive, in my opinion.

I hope they theme the backs of the Main Street buildings well too.
I think they did this design to separate exits (on the left) with the main entrance (center).
Or perhaps they are additional stuff like bathrooms?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom