One Man's Dream may be closing soon

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You are completely WORNG about my intent and my videos, before you start casting aspersions around on someone's hard work. Maybe just maybe consider the amount of time that went into it. Then consider if you could do it just as well.

I do not 'TRICK' people with my content, it always has news in every video, it always covers the topic in question in the thumbnail, and my community is extremely dedicated and creative with their ideas, concepts and suggestions. One of the best Disney communities on YouTube for sheer creative thought.

Do not try and label me and my channel as something it is not. If you don't like it, simple, don't watch. But also don't be a keyboard warrior, fighting to take down something that someone has built. Because that shows your own insecurities.

You may not be trying to trick people, but some of your titles/thumbnails are little misleading.

"Star Wars Completion Date Revealed" - The title says "possible" but not the thumbnail.
"Coco and Mary Poppins Experiences coming to Epcot" - Just rumors at this point.
"Muppets Courtyard Expansion coming to DHS" - This is not an expansion of the courtyard but a new distinct area.
"Universe of Energy Pavilion to be Demolished" - It is not being demolished, just re-themed.

IveBeenJack

You may not be trying to trick people, but some of your titles/thumbnails are little misleading.

"Star Wars Completion Date Revealed" - The title says "possible" but not the thumbnail.
"Coco and Mary Poppins Experiences coming to Epcot" - Just rumors at this point.
"Muppets Courtyard Expansion coming to DHS" - This is not an expansion of the courtyard but a new distinct area.
"Universe of Energy Pavilion to be Demolished" - It is not being demolished, just re-themed.

Ok, let me explain how YouTube works, in the Thumbnail you don't have a lot of space to work with, so you take the main constructs of your title and put them into the thumbnail so that it works in a shortened 5-6 word preview of the video. Don't forget the thumbnails are often very small, so you don't have a lot of space to work with, hence why the Thumbnails and Titles do not match. It's common on NEARLY EVERY YouTube Video ever.

So you're not really just having a criticism of me here, but in actual fact YouTube in general.

Next up, the titles being slightly misleading, NOPE, with news not all of the story is told. It will never be truly told in full, it's always developing, look at MSNBC, SKY NEWS, CNN, all of there News videos are developing from that point. Therefore what your asking is actually even more misleading, as you want me to update the titles afterwards which would then not match the content, which should be taken at the time it's posted. News does not have a massively long life cycle, that's the nature of it.

So you've really got an issue here, with the nature of News in general.

Hopefully this has helped explain the trouble with YouTube and News.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
"Mary Poppins Experiences coming to Epcot"

"Universe of Energy Pavilion to be Demolished".

Ok, let me explain how YouTube works, in the Thumbnail you don't have a lot of space to work with, so you take the main constructs of your title and put them into the thumbnail so that it works in a shortened 5-6 word preview of the video.

Incorrect headlines isn't a YouTube fault though. You didn't actually write this did you?

Edit. Oh god. You did. Remember I mentioned reputation?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All of the ones I listed could have been made more accurate in the same amount of space. I am not suggesting that you change existing videos when the new changes after the fact, I am saying to just get it right based on the facts at the time you posted it.

You are correct, I don't like the way most media works these days, but if you decide to get into the business and work the way everyone else does, then you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. Sorry if that harsh, and I understand you put a lot of effort into it, but it's just the way I feel.

If I were doing something like this, and if being more accurate and less "click baity" meant I would get half as many subscribers, I would still do it the right way.

ppete1975

You are completely WORNG about my intent and my videos, before you start casting aspersions around on someone's hard work. Maybe just maybe consider the amount of time that went into it. Then consider if you could do it just as well.

I do not 'TRICK' people with my content, it always has news in every video, it always covers the topic in question in the thumbnail, and my community is extremely dedicated and creative with their ideas, concepts and suggestions. One of the best Disney communities on YouTube for sheer creative thought.

Do not try and label me and my channel as something it is not. If you don't like it, simple, don't watch. But also don't be a keyboard warrior, fighting to take down something that someone has built. Because that shows your own insecurities.

I wont get into a debate, I am here for fun and enjoyment. Ive looked at all of your posts and you have attacked some of the most respected people on here (im new, I dont count). I have never said a discouraging remark about anyone on here and wont again, but when someone attacks others and honestly is putting out lies, myths, rumors, and propaganda for the dopamine that comes from likes on youtube (or you are in it for the money I could care less), I am going to say something.

I am not complaining about your videos, I am complaining about your attitude on this message board and your click baiting.... but wait you don't click bait right.......

These are your exact words....
"try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested."
So you admit you click bait people. (drops mike)

IveBeenJack

Nobody is making you be like nearly every other youtube video creator. You certainly could put non-misleading titles in the same amount of space.

You're damn right, I'm not like every other YouTuber, but there are simple facts to how to create content that people want to watch. And my titles are not mis-leading, they do not say 'Confirmed' when something isn't *Cough* Lol

They just state the topic, and if you think that is clickbait then we're going to have to respectfully disagree on this one. As I believe you need to ensure that people know what's in the video before they click on it, and then the title is where you provide more clarity.

IveBeenJack

I wont get into a debate, I am here for fun and enjoyment. Ive looked at all of your posts and you have attacked some of the most respected people on here (im new, I dont count). I have never said a discouraging remark about anyone on here and wont again, but when someone attacks others and honestly is putting out lies, myths, rumors, and propaganda for the dopamine that comes from likes on youtube (or you are in it for the money I could care less), I am going to say something.

I am not complaining about your videos, I am complaining about your attitude on this message board and your click baiting.... but wait you don't click bait right.......

These are your exact words....
"try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested."
So you admit you click bait people. (drops mike)

I'm not "attacking" anyone here, I think that this forum is really great. But I am going to defend myself when criticisms are thrown my way, I think you can respect that.

I'm not in it for the money, otherwise I would have launched a store from day one. But I'm only launching a store now because people have asked to buy the shirts. I never mentioned they were for sale, I'm just trying to provide content to the community.

My attitude is positive, I'm not trying to disparage anyone here, I just feel it's right that I explain my standpoint, as discussions were happening that were misrepresenting my reasoning behind my videos.

And lastly, Clickbait is where you purposefully mislead people with something that never happens within your video content. I DO NOT DO THAT. I always cover the topic that I use in my thumbnails, and cover it in a responsible way. A 'Hook' is everywhere in life, it's the reason why you watch Game of Thrones, it's the reason why you watch any movie ever. It's providing an interesting summary of the content you're about to view. I hope I've convinced you otherwise, but I'm guessing we'll probably have to amicably agree to disagree on this matter. :)

IveBeenJack

Incorrect headlines isn't a YouTube fault though. You didn't actually write this did you?

Edit. Oh god. You did. Remember I mentioned reputation?

Yes I wrote that, it's how YouTube operates, its not the best system for content creators to provide previews of their content, but it's what we have to work with. We can discuss reputation if you want, but it will differ depending on various perspectives. Plus it would only be a inward-looking self-indulgent measure which is not necessary. I'm a YouTube Channel, I try and provide concise, short form Disney news to the casual Disney-loving fan.

ppete1975

I'm not "attacking" anyone here, I think that this forum is really great. But I am going to defend myself when criticisms are thrown my way, I think you can respect that.

I'm not in it for the money, otherwise I would have launched a store from day one. But I'm only launching a store now because people have asked to buy the shirts. I never mentioned they were for sale, I'm just trying to provide content to the community.

My attitude is positive, I'm not trying to disparage anyone here, I just feel it's right that I explain my standpoint, as discussions were happening that were misrepresenting my reasoning behind my videos.

And lastly, Clickbait is where you purposefully mislead people with something that never happens within your video content. I DO NOT DO THAT. I always cover the topic that I use in my thumbnails, and cover it in a responsible way. A 'Hook' is everywhere in life, it's the reason why you watch Game of Thrones, it's the reason why you watch any movie ever. It's providing an interesting summary of the content you're about to view. I hope I've convinced you otherwise, but I'm guessing we'll probably have to amicably agree to disagree on this matter. :)

Convince me? Not really. More respect for you.... yes. So I will give you some advice
A) Put rumor in front of your titles
b) reread your posts theres only 21, and with an open mind see if you can see why this happened.
c) don't attack the people whose material you are using (bite the hand)
d) Apologize and start over
e) put more thoughts into your messages and instead of being defensive listen to the advice
f) if you say you click bait (which you did, you might have meant it diff but you said it) then don't say you don't click bait

I mean this post with all due respect. ITs how you go forward from here if I change my opinion. Lets just drop this and get back to the important things in life... Disney lol

IveBeenJack

Universe of Energy being demolished?
Mary Poppins coming to Epcot?

C'mon dude.

At the time of when they were filmed, that was the news and info being provided. News is fluid, it changes. At one time, Remain was meant t easily win the Brexit Referendum, but do you go back to those news publishers like the BBC, Guardian, Telegraph, Independent and say you're title from some time ago now look to be wrong. You except news as fluid for a reason, it's an always developing story.

Rteetz

At the time of when they were filmed, that was the news and info being provided. News is fluid, it changes. At one time, Remain was meant t easily win the Brexit Referendum, but do you go back to those news publishers like the BBC, Guardian, Telegraph, Independent and say you're title from some time ago now look to be wrong. You except news as fluid for a reason, it's an always developing story.
Where did you get that news from? I don't remember ever it being that UoE would be demolished as part of the plans. For as long as I can remember it has been the building would stay.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

But that news wasn't correct at the time you wrote it. The description of the UOE video says:

"New water permits CONFIRM that Disney are to e demolish and expand the 'Universe of Energy' Pavilion"

I have read the permit and reported on it here before you put up your video and it says NOTHING about the demolition. You even suggest that in the video.

IveBeenJack

Convince me? Not really. More respect for you.... yes. So I will give you some advice
A) Put rumor in front of your titles
b) reread your posts theres only 21, and with an open mind see if you can see why this happened.
c) don't attack the people whose material you are using (bite the hand)
d) Apologize and start over
e) put more thoughts into your messages and instead of being defensive listen to the advice
f) if you say you click bait (which you did, you might have meant it diff but you said it) then don't say you don't click bait

I mean this post with all due respect. ITs how you go forward from here if I change my opinion. Lets just drop this and get back to the important things in life... Disney lol

A) When it's relevant, but it doesn't always fit with the flow of the title.
B) I see nothing wrong with my posts, I have been respectful throughout. Just that I'm willing to debate the topic.
C) I have not attacked those who provide clarity and insight on certain issues.
D) I see no need to apologise and start over, we are here to talk about Disney in a mature manner.
E) I listened, otherwise I would't be here, willing to explain and talk to you guys.
F) Just because YOU interpreted what I said wrongly, DOES NOT make it fact. Please don't try and put words in people's mouths, it's not very respectable.

But I do wholeheartedly agree with you final statement of getting back to the important things which is... Disney!!! :)

IveBeenJack

But that news wasn't correct at the time you wrote it. The description of the UOE video says:

"New water permits CONFIRM that Disney are to e demolish and expand the 'Universe of Energy' Pavilion"

I have read the permit and reported on it here before you put up your video and it says NOTHING about the demolition. You even suggest that in the video.

That was the information I was receiving from another source at the time, and might have been mislead by a post on the topic, since then I have stopped using their site, and when they said that the Tomorrowland Speedway was going away, I didn't post on it. I also didn't post on the Tron Coaster, as all they had at the time were..."sources said".

I have other connections since then that now I can confirm such information with. And of course I now check the WDW Magic Forums, as before I started the channel, I used to run an app called DSNY Digest, and the app was just a bit of fun, but I didn't vet as heavily as I try and do now with info, since I have much larger audience, and with that a much greater responsibility.

But I think if you look at my track record going into D23 Expo I didn't really predict anything that wasn't really announced at the expo.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But It wasn't news and info. It never was. That's the problem. It was heresay, gossip and fan rumour. Not news.

If you want to produce a news item at least verify the facts. With respect. Otherwise you're just helping spread misinformation.

This is the problem you have in basing an offering off unsubstantiated fan sites, where I assume you get your information from. For every correct bit of gossip there's another dozen that's down right wrong.

IveBeenJack

But It wasn't news and info. It never was. That's the problem. It was heresay, gossip and fan rumour. Not news.

If you want to produce a news item at least verify the facts. With respect. Otherwise you're just helping spread misinformation.

This is the problem you have in basing an offering off unsubstantiated fan sites, where I assume you get your information from. For every correct bit of gossip there's another dozen that's down right wrong.

It was at the time important to prepare people for the news to come at D23 Expo. But I agree that its sometimes extremely difficult to decipher which is actual news and what's conjecture.

Anyways, it's meant to be a night off for me, but I've loved chatting and going back and fourth on this one, and I've got a lot of respect for you guys here and what you do. And hopefully, with the way that I've been willing to stick my head in the proverbial lion's mouth, I hope I've gained your respect as well. :) Have a great rest of your day! Speak soon!

ppete1975

A) When it's relevant, but it doesn't always fit with the flow of the title.
B) I see nothing wrong with my posts, I have been respectful throughout. Just that I'm willing to debate the topic.
C) I have not attacked those who provide clarity and insight on certain issues.
D) I see no need to apologise and start over, we are here to talk about Disney in a mature manner.
E) I listened, otherwise I would't be here, willing to explain and talk to you guys.
F) Just because YOU interpreted what I said wrongly, DOES NOT make it fact. Please don't try and put words in people's mouths, it's not very respectable.

But I do wholeheartedly agree with you final statement of getting back to the important things which is... Disney!!! :)

You have got to be fing kidding me.
How did I misinterpret..... "try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested."
THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS. And I was offering you advice where if you had taken it, everyone would have left you alone and you could have started over. Do whatever you want, I'm done. Although you probably should stop using information on this site now, since you've insulted the people you've taken this information from.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was at the time important to prepare people for the news to come at D23 Expo. But I agree that its sometimes extremely difficult to decipher which is actual news and what's conjecture..
That's why you need your own sources and not just repeat what you read. Or sources who know what they are taking about. You can't be a information site and not know if what you're posting is actually true.

It's wasn't preparing anyone for anything. It was just copying and pasting without verifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom