One Man's Dream may be closing soon

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Let's get it straight.

OMD - and Mermaid were slated to close a few years ago. I said as much. Plans changed.

Studio 4 (not OMD) is to be removed to widen the entry into TSL. I said this months ago.

Studio 4 and OMD, although attached, are not dependent on each other. Once upon a time they were linked but the studio (which never was a studio) and OMD can exist without the other

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, it was a mistake on my part, and I tried to rectify it as best as possible. You know, you could give a guy a break when they mistake and have tried to fix it, instead of just lambasting them for it!

Jack, you're a really nice person. Most people under fire would become snarky, but you remain polite. You get an 'A' from me for being a nice person.

That's why it pains me to give you an 'F' on content. If, in your next video, you had simply issued a correction -- which reputable news outlets do all the time -- then I wouldn't be haranguing you. But your first instinct when a mistake is pointed out to you is not to apologize and correct, but to rationalize and justify. Just tell your fans where you went wrong and set the record straight. They'll trust you more as a source of information if you do that.

For example, the clickbaity guy we make fun of refuses to admit that he 'confirmed' that Speedway was being replaced (which it's not). And that's why we roll our eyes at him and dismiss him. Please don't be like that.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Someone here once suggested that the show could be relocated to Main Street's City Hall. I think that's a great idea!

Yep, Main St. would be perfect. They can take out one of the countless merchandise stores that take up most of the space. Or put it on Center St. on the way to the new theater. As someone else said, the lobby of said theater would work well also.

IveBeenJack

Jack, you're a really nice person. Most people under fire would become snarky, but you remain polite. You get an 'A' from me for being a nice person.

That's why it pains me to give you an 'F' on content. If, in your next video, you had simply issued a correction -- which reputable news outlets do all the time -- then I wouldn't be haranguing you. But your first instinct when a mistake is pointed out to you is not to apologize and correct, but to rationalize and justify. Just tell your fans where you went wrong and set the record straight. They'll trust you more as a source of information if you do that.

For example, the clickbaity guy we make fun of refuses to admit that he 'confirmed' that Speedway was being replaced (which it's not). And that's why we roll our eyes at him and dismiss him. Please don't be like that.

Thanks for the ‘supposed’ compliment, but it was a little condescending to rate someone’s performance!

I’ll address it when I cover the topic again in the next 2 weeks or so. I re-edited the video, to cut out the confusion around the Building 4. But OMD will go eventually, so I don’t see any reason to reissue the question within the video, as it’s a good way to monitor how people feel towards the eventual removal of OMD.

I know that you’re very well known on this forum, and sort of the big man on campus, but I’m not new to the World of Disney, and the videos do provide a great service to the casual Disney Fan, which is why I do it.

Maybe you should lay off and stop being so concerned with denergrading my videos and focus on the forum community instead.

With that being said, thanks for your advice, I’ll take it on board. But please Private Message me if you have any problems in future, rather than airing public grievances.

IveBeenJack

Let's get it straight.

OMD - and Mermaid were slated to close a few years ago. I said as much. Plans changed.

Studio 4 (not OMD) is to be removed to widen the entry into TSL. I said this months ago.

Studio 4 and OMD, although attached, are not dependent on each other. Once upon a time they were linked but the studio (which never was a studio) and OMD can exist without the other

I’ll re-address the removal of Building 4 in a future video, but One Man’s Dream is bound to close in the next couple of years, especially with the opening of TSL, GE, and TGMR renovation.

ToTBellHop

I’ll re-address the removal of Building 4 in a future video, but One Man’s Dream is bound to close in the next couple of years, especially with the opening of TSL, GE, and TGMR renovation.
Just because you suppose something is likely to occur doesn't make it a fact that you should announce. Unless you have some insider connection, keep it to yourself. Unless you wish to be a tabloid.

At the end of the day, I agree with you that I'd be shocked if OMD doesn't change by 2021. But I'm not about to make a video and try to develop a cult following on that. I'm also confident that one day (whatever day that is) Primeval Whirl will close but I wouldn't put that in a video yet.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

That's pure speculation at this time and would be foolish to report as otherwise.

By that metric, Big Thundermountain is bound to close over the next century too.

There's no need to be stupid about saying that attractions like BTM or ToT will be closing, but OMD is little more than a glorified Movie Promotion unit at the moment, and with the recent renovation of the exterior of MuppetVision, it does seem that Disney are readying to run Movie Previews over there instead.

I wouldn't report that it is definitely closing, as we have no closing date yet. I have not made it the main topic of a video, and I have not stated that it's happening imminently. Instead I have just stated that it's more than likely not got long left and then thrown it out to the community to see how they feel towards the probable closure.

IveBeenJack

Just because you suppose something is likely to occur doesn't make it a fact that you should announce. Unless you have some insider connection, keep it to yourself. Unless you wish to be a tabloid.

At the end of the day, I agree with you that I'd be shocked if OMD doesn't change by 2021. But I'm not about to make a video and try to develop a cult following on that. I'm also confident that one day (whatever day that is) Primeval Whirl will lose but I wouldn't put that in a video yet.

I'm not wishing to be a tabloid? I don't know how that is even possible on YouTube, a better comparison would be TMZ, but anyways, I do not intend on stating that it's definitely closing, just gauging the community's reaction to the probable closure before 2019's opening of SWL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
and with the recent renovation of the exterior of MuppetVision, it does seem that Disney are readying to run Movie Previews over there instead..
That's jumping to conclusions again. There are currently no plans to do this.

All you end up doing is gaining a reputation for being unreliable. Remember, the Disney parks community really isn't that big. Most bloggers and reporters know each other for better or for worse. Word gets around.

DoTheImpossible

There's no need to be stupid about saying that attractions like BTM or ToT will be closing, but OMD is little more than a glorified Movie Promotion unit at the moment, and with the recent renovation of the exterior of MuppetVision, it does seem that Disney are readying to run Movie Previews over there instead.

I wouldn't report that it is definitely closing, as we have no closing date yet. I have not made it the main topic of a video, and I have not stated that it's happening imminently. Instead I have just stated that it's more than likely not got long left and then thrown it out to the community to see how they feel towards the probable closure.

If your content isn't based specifically off insider information, and is purely speculation based off previous rumors, that's exactly what you should be presenting it as. It's not a rumor or probability unless there's a source to confirm and even then it should be made clear that any rumor is subject to change. Implying anything else in any medium is disingenious. That being said, I hope you take the criticism to heart, so your fans will get a more accurate picture on the future of Disney parks.

Also, sorry to butt in, just putting out my two cents.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

If your content isn't based specifically off insider information, and is purely speculation based off previous rumors, that's exactly what you should be presenting it as. It's not a rumor or probability unless there's a source to confirm and even then it should be made clear that any rumor is subject to change. Implying anything else in any medium is disingenious. That being said, I hope you take the criticism to heart, so your fans will get a more accurate picture on the future of Disney parks.

Also, sorry to butt in, just putting out my two cents.

I do state very clearly what is rumor and speculation and what is fact and confirmed. But I will make more of an effort to do so in future, as sometimes people don’t get the ‘might be, could be, possibly’ references, and then think it’s happening.

I never reported in the Tomorrowland Speedway rumor because we had no evidence.

I’m still growing and learning along the way. Join me for the ride and help out by reaching out to me on Facebook or Twitter DM to let me know ahead of schedule.

It would be great to have a sounding boarding in a separate group, where I could bounce news topics off people. As being a one man band, it can sometimes be difficult, especially sifting through the speculation and rumours on forums.

IveBeenJack

That's jumping to conclusions again. There are currently no plans to do this.

All you end up doing is gaining a reputation for being unreliable. Remember, the Disney parks community really isn't that big. Most bloggers and reporters know each other for better or for worse. Word gets around.

I’m out to build a good reputation, trust me, that’s why I haven’t posted on some topics, and on others like the Brazil Pavilion or Zootopia Land rumor, I try and cast as much doubt on the rumor as possible.

I also covered D23 extensively, and for the most part nearly everything that was announced was covered on my channel prior to the expo.

I’m fully aware of the responsibility that I hold with a Disney News channel, and try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested.

Also it’s sometimes difficult when you have soooo many news outlets running with a rumor and you get many requests to cover it, so you have to address it somehow.

Once again, I can take the constructive feedback, and improve and build an even better track record.

Reach out to me via DM if you ever have any concerns about the content. And hopefully we can address it and move forward.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m out to build a good reputation, trust me, that’s why I haven’t posted on some topics, and on others like the Brazil Pavilion or Zootopia Land rumor, I try and cast as much doubt on the rumor as possible.

I also covered D23 extensively, and for the most part nearly everything that was announced was covered on my channel prior to the expo.

I’m fully aware of the responsibility that I hold with a Disney News channel, and try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested.

Also it’s sometimes difficult when you have soooo many news outlets running with a rumor and you get many requests to cover it, so you have to address it somehow.

Once again, I can take the constructive feedback, and improve and build an even better track record.

Reach out to me via DM if you ever have any concerns about the content. And hopefully we can address it and move forward.
Brazil is more than a rumour ;)

This site has the best solid news and more-than-rumour info available. I believe you quote your sources from here? For that I thank you. Do you monetise or advertise? I for one would not be happy with what I post being used elsewhere to that end.

ppete1975

try and not to click bait people. But you do need a ‘hook’ for the news videos, to get people interested.

ummmmmmmmmm...... so you TRY to not create click bait.... but sometimes you got to do what you got to do..... why not just create an amazing following that automatically looks at your videos and cant wait till the next one instead of tricking people with stuff that isn't true.. or is just a wild guess... or will come true some day and you can take full credit

yep sums it up, with most of the media now

IveBeenJack

ummmmmmmmmm...... so you TRY to not create click bait.... but sometimes you got to do what you got to do..... why not just create an amazing following that automatically looks at your videos and cant wait till the next one instead of tricking people with stuff that isn't true.. or is just a wild guess... or will come true some day and you can take full credit

yep sums it up, with most of the media now

You are completely WRONG about my intent and my videos, before you start casting aspersions around on someone's hard work. Maybe just maybe consider the amount of time that went into it. Then consider if you could do it just as well.

I do not 'TRICK' people with my content, it always has news in every video, it always covers the topic in question in the thumbnail, and my community is extremely dedicated and creative with their ideas, concepts and suggestions. One of the best Disney communities on YouTube for sheer creative thought.

Do not try and label me and my channel as something it is not. If you don't like it, simple, don't watch. But also don't be a keyboard warrior, fighting to take down something that someone has built. Because that shows your own insecurities.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

everything will close eventually.... I think I will come out with a video that "Splash Mountain is closing" sure it might be 2072 but eventually I will be right..

Oh so clever to say that every attraction will close, but that's not what I'm saying. Maybe instead of channeling your energy into sarcasm, you might try and channel it into educated thought instead. Just a friendly suggestion :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom