News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
At least The Land is actually a functional whatsit.. they actually are doing the research/practice they talk about, and it stands out as the one pavilion (at least to me) that has managed to continue with it's purpose and actually live up to it's promise.
Research? I thought they were just growing food for The Fishtank Restaurant... :p

Maeryk

As far as I know it's not a flyer. Standard on-the-track ride system with a few new ideas. If they work.

But I've been wrong before.

Yeah, I know that's the scuttlebutt around here, but some of the coaster enthusiast sites I've been browsing seem pretty convinced the new Vekoma is for Disney, and specifically, this attraction. I guess we'll find out. ;)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah, I know that's the scuttlebutt around here, but some of the coaster enthusiast sites I've been browsing seem pretty convinced the new Vekoma is for Disney, and specifically, this attraction. I guess we'll find out. ;)
Vekoma, Tacoma... What's Disney got against B&M???

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Ironically, the load/unload tech that Vekoma is testing, started as a B&M patent, that they purchased.

Does B&M do any small footprint rides like that? I know them for like, Talon, Great Bear, Hydra, Mantis, etc.
Their inverteds can be put in a small footprint, like Batman at 6FoG...

Maeryk

The original Batman inverted coasters are honestly still some of the most bang for you buck coasters out there. Almost unbelievable power...itty bitty footprint.

yep.. but those still have an 85 foot drop.. I wonder if Disney would build anything that tall? They seem much more into lims and multiple lift stages since RnRC went in.

bclane

yep.. but those still have an 85 foot drop.. I wonder if Disney would build anything that tall? They seem much more into lims and multiple lift stages since RnRC went in.
Definitely true. Thankfully you can get just as much power (more actually) out of launched inverted (or otherwise) coaster as you can with a lift hill. B&M is a great company and I would love it if Disney would utilize their smooth, comfortable ride tech in some future E ticket ride. I have no idea why they don't.

Edit: I should re-phrase that to I have no idea why they haven't yet. Maybe they will someday...

Maeryk

As we've seen at Busch Gardens and other parks, B&M doesn't have any issues with theming, so I don't get the reference...

They'll make it in any color you want, but they pretty much won't alter their basic ride system to suit. Whereas Disney typically walks in with a design and says "Hey, Vekoma/Arrow/Whoever... build this for me to this spec".

(Exception: Rock n roller coaster which is an off the shelf ride)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So will this be a "clever" 80's nostalgia love fest? I fear for the "Epcot story" they are hinting at.

I'm hoping for self-deprecating humor. A nod to nostalgia with specific jokes geared toward him missing out on the Wonder's of Life pavilion, Feeling like Captain E.O, Being weirded out by Dreamfinder, riff on the Giant Golf Ball and massive nods to Universe of Energy. I'm hopeful they can make it work.

Last edited:

solidyne

Is anyone ever going to finally just talk about this ride and what technologies it could possibly use? It's probably going to be an amazing E-Ticket attraction. I'm just getting kind of sick of coming to a thread that's supposed to be talking about a new ride and all I see is people complaining because it's in the wrong park and Epcot isn't how it was 30 years ago...
Well, the word "confirmed" is in the title of the thread. Some want to talk about the attraction; others, its confirmation. I think both are fair. :)

Jenny72

I understand the complaining about the complaining. Even I don’t want to hear myself complaining. But ack, I can’t help it! I think the Disney theme parks represent a lot more to me than just a fun vacation. I had a pretty miserable childhood, but Disney made me feel like everything was going to be all right. Maybe that’s a little crazy, but it’s kind of like it was a little beacon of goodness when I didn’t have much else. I want my kids to have that “Disney feeling”, but sometimes it feels more like they’re at a commercial for various movies. Maybe if I go to a psychologist, I will be able to get excited about Guardians at Epcot, haha. But I’m not buying my kids a Groot doll.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom