One Man's Dream may be closing soon

Meeko77

There were. Mainly from the 25th display. Not sure if there still are.

The last time I was inside One Man's Dream, they had removed the Horizons butler. :( Many things were removed at the time the Moana meet & greet opened. Not sure if the butler has made a return or not; this was a few months back.

Epcot82Guy

I've always dreamed of OMD being retooled and moved to Epcot to replace one of the Innoventions bays - including Epcot's own statue of Walt and shaking Figments hand in greeting (while the Fountain of Nations plays orchestrated versions of the original EPCOT Center attraction songs)... A total fanboy dream, I know.

Goofyernmost

I've always dreamed of OMD being retooled and moved to Epcot to replace one of the Innoventions bays - including Epcot's own statue of Walt and shaking Figments hand in greeting (while the Fountain of Nations plays orchestrated versions of the original EPCOT Center attraction songs)... A total fanboy dream, I know.
Since Walt never heard of Figment it would be Fake news anyway.

po1998

I love walking through OMD...and not happy that the Walt movie is replaced from time to time with a preview of the latest Disney offering. I hope there is always a place for it either at DHS, MK or even Epcot.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

They could move this entire exhibit to the lobby of the new theater at MK, space permitting, and not really lose anything in my opinion. I love One Man's Dream, and wish it would be expanded, but seeing as that doesn't seem to be happening, I'd be okay with it moving elsewhere.
This is along the lines of what I was thinking in terms of moving it to MK. After all the changes Are completes in DHS it just won't fit the purpose of the park anymore.

Jeff456

rnrc-steven-tyler-wait-a-minute-i-love-that-idea.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Sooooo....

The whole thing about OMD's demise being announced at D23 didn't happen.

Despite Studio 4 being in scrims and imminently to be demolished, there have been no announcements of OMD being shut down even temporarily for that demolition.

To re-recap:
  1. Since 2015 people have been surmising that OMD is going to go away because of TSL. The Disney Blog saw some movement in display pieces and warned people to see OMD while they can because it's going away soon. Well... that didn't happen.
  2. Which makes this from the outset a non-rumor. It was really just a guess. No insider has ever confirmed it's definitely going way, let alone going away soon. Guesses aren't rumors.
  3. With regard to TSL construction, it wound up that, In the end, TSL was going to be completed without changing or removing OMD. So, all those assumptions that OMD would close to make way for TSL proved false.
  4. Chip & Co. rather recently quoted the 2 year old The Disney Blog 'rumor' says "We are hearing speculation from The Disney Blog that One Man’s Dream at Hollywood Studios will soon be closing it’s doors for good." C&C then surmised OMD's demise would be announced at D23. Hey, Chip & Co., learn to read datelines.
  5. Blog Mickey then picked up the rumor and divorced it from it's source at The Disney Blog. It summarized the rumor as OMD definitely going, likely to be announced at D23... oh, remember, it's just a rumor. Nice clickbaiting there, Blog Mickey!
  6. Scrims show up around Studio 4, which is attached to OMD. Jack (@przidentkendall ) at DSNY YouTube Channel, confuses Studio 4 with OMD and surmises OMD is closing. When I pointed out to him that Studio 4 is not part of OMD, Jack tries to back track by saying that "it's part of OMD's building", and he's only talking about whether its demolition would temporarily close OMD. But even his re-edited video cutting out that mistake still has him asking should OMD go away -- as if that was still the plan which it isn't. Hey, Jack, not cool in not admitting your mistake.
  7. Sure, OMD may not be around for ever. But constantly saying its going away 'soon' doesn't make one right when it finally goes away. It means one was wrong for years and years.

And so, we have a lesson in how bad Disney rumors circulate.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sooooo....

Despite Studio 4 being in scrims and imminently to be demolished, there have been no announcements of OMD being shut down even temporarily for that demolition.

To re-recap:
  1. Since 2015 people have been surmising that OMD is going to go away because of TSL. The Disney Blog saw some movement in display pieces and warned people to see OMD while they can because it's going away soon. Well... that didn't happen.
  2. Which makes this from the outset a non-rumor. It was really just a guess. No insider has ever confirmed it's definitely going way, let alone going away soon. Guesses aren't rumors.
  3. With regard to TSL construction, it wound up that, In the end, TSL was going to be completed without changing or removing OMD. So, all those assumptions that OMD would close to make way for TSL proved false.
  4. Chip & Co. rather recently quoted the 2 year old The Disney Blog 'rumor' says "We are hearing speculation from The Disney Blog that One Man’s Dream at Hollywood Studios will soon be closing it’s doors for good." C&C then surmised OMD's demise would be announced at D23. Hey, Chip & Co., learn to read datelines.
  5. Blog Mickey then picked up the rumor and divorced it from it's source at The Disney Blog. It summarized the rumor as OMD definitely going, likely to be announced at D23... oh, remember, it's just a rumor. Nice clickbaiting there, Blog Mickey!
  6. Scrims show up around Studio 4, which is attached to OMD. Jack (@przidentkendall ) at DSNY YouTube Channel, confuses Studio 4 with OMD and surmises OMD is closing. When I pointed out to him that Studio 4 is not part of OMD, Jack tries to back track by saying that "it's part of OMD's building", and he's only talking about whether its demolition would temporarily close OMD. But even his re-edited video cutting out that mistake still has him asking should OMD go away -- as if that was still the plan which it isn't. Hey, Jack, not cool in not admitting your mistake.
  7. Sure, OMD may not be around for ever. But constantly saying its going away 'soon' doesn't make one right when it finally goes away. It means one was wrong for years and years.

A group of permits was just filed the other day for paint, carpet and construction at the OMD address so it appears part of it is being refurbished for some purpose.

Kman101

And plans can change. I have no doubts it was slated to close but they realized they needed to use the space. Sure Disney didn't say it's closing and then reverse course but for all intents and purposes I believe our insiders at one time were fairly certain it was going to close. Meet and Greets and movie previews seem to have prolonged it's life span.

YodaMan

FWIW, the operating hours for One Man's Dream did change recently. Starting this week and going through the foreseeable future, the Disney site lists the attraction as being open from 10:00 to 8:00 instead of park open to park close. If Disney is looking to cut operating expenses and if OMD was really slated to close, I feel like they would have shut it down already. The fact that they just reduced the hours makes me believe it's still staying for a while.

Last edited:

IveBeenJack

Sooooo....

To re-recap:

Look I had meant to say Studio 4 Building is to be demolished, and because it is damn near attached to the OMD building, I referred to it as so. But as you mentioned, I cut the bit out of the video where that was mentioned, and kept the question in about OMD, mainly due to the fact that OMD's time is coming to an end, and it's interesting to hear and gauge the response from people.

So, it was a mistake on my part, and I tried to rectify it as best as possible. You know, you could give a guy a break when they mistake and have tried to fix it, instead of just lambasting them for it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom