Grand Avenue and Baseline Tap House

jakeman

I am guessing they will be mostly CA brews to fit the theme, although i'd love to see some FL local brews including Funky Buddha and Miami Brewing (Big Rod in particular)
I caught that on the second reading. :D

Probably Golden Road then.

In any case, given they stated the theme is California, I would be disappointed seeing Goose Island and the like there.

Last edited:

jakeman

More thoughts!

I wonder how many taps constitutes a Taphouse at Disney.

I live in central NC and we have a bar that holds the world record at over 350. Most places I would consider a "taphouse" locally have at least 20 different beers on tap.

trampdog

I am guessing they will be mostly CA brews to fit the theme, although i'd love to see some FL local brews including Funky Buddha and Miami Brewing (Big Rod in particular)

I'm sure it will be the crappy mass distributed Cali beers like, Stone, Lagunitas, etc. Don't expect to see any Russian River Pliney on those taps :(.

FerretAfros

It's kind of odd for a "district" to have only one bar.
I agree. Considering that there's not a whole lot left of Streets of America, I just assumed that the remnants would sort of get annexed into Muppets Courtyard. It doesn't really make sense that a strip of facades with one bar should be a "land" of its own, especially when that "land's" theme is pretty distinct from those surrounding it. I know the park is short on unique lands (and attractions, and...), but this just seems silly

This is almost as bad as DCA's San Francisco area, which is a small row of Main Street-scaled facades with restrooms in one end and a small shop in the other (which has been closed for years). The restrooms and shop were actually late additions (to accommodate World of Color crowds), and the strip of facades was completely vacant for much of the park's early years, excluding occasional use during special events
DCA3-064.jpg

I almost have to wonder if this is just the first step toward retheming some of the surrounding areas, like Commissary Lane or the Star Tours/Backlot Express area, which are barely and blandly themed today. It doesn't make much sense to have this tiny Los Angeles-themed area as the connection from those areas to the New York-related Muppets area and the Star Wars area. But if this were the first step toward a larger idea that annexes some of the spaces to the north/west, it might flow better

jakeman

Well this is entirely disappointing. Yet another family friendly snack and drink location is turned into a bar. Don't we have enough bars in Studios already?
Nope. Not yet.

Until every restaurant, bar, and food cart is adult only and children are turned away at the entrance, will our quest be complete.

Drunkytown will prevail! All hail the Drunkytown!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Nope. Not yet.

Until every restaurant, bar, and food cart is adult only and children are turned away at the entrance, will our quest be complete.

Drunkytown will prevail! All hail the Drunkytown!

I'm all for keeping the children out
no more little angels to ruin my view of the fireworks
but so i have to get drunk ?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I'm sure it will be the crappy mass distributed Cali beers like, Stone, Lagunitas, etc. Don't expect to see any Russian River Pliney on those taps :(.
I actually love some of the stuff Stone has been putting out (the 7.04.17 best by was awesome) but I would also love to see some new breweries represented. I love going to UK at Epcot for my Innis and Gunn fix which is tough to find on tap here in Georgia.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I actually love some of the stuff Stone has been putting out (the 7.04.17 best buy was awesome) but I would also love to see some new breweries represented. I love going to UK at Epcot for my Innis and Gunn fix which is tough to find on tap here in Georgia.
Stone puts out a ton of good to great beers. Having a large distribution network is not a negative, I'd argue it is a positive. Larger reach means more people get to try your beers. How the heck someone sees that as a negative is beyond me.

FullSailDan

Well this is entirely disappointing. Yet another family friendly snack and drink location is turned into a bar. Don't we have enough bars in Studios already?

Writers stop was always sort of focused on getting some wine/cheese and hanging out... not really child friendly... but I question, will your child suffer if they are exposed to a pub? By their nature they don't exactly exclude children and seeing adults drink won't really taint them.

You have a lot of options for kids at this park for food/drink and especially considering its the smallest of the parks.

wdizneew

Well, then, I think we now know what the new name for DHS will be: Disney California Adventure!

Hmmm.... seeing how there will be a Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge in LA and they're theming the entrance of Orlando's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to LA, it's beginning to look like the edge of the Galaxy is really LA :hilarious:

jakeman

I actually love some of the stuff Stone has been putting out (the 7.04.17 best by was awesome) but I would also love to see some new breweries represented. I love going to UK at Epcot for my Innis and Gunn fix which is tough to find on tap here in Georgia.
21st Amendment (Fireside Chat!)
Sierra Nevada (Otra Vez!)
Anderson Valley (Blood Orange Gose!)
The Bruery
Anchor
AleSmith

Just a small sampling of beers that have at least a bottle presence on the East Coast.

I'd be happy to see any of these represented with a tap handle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom