Using "UNIVERSAL GIFT CARDS" @ restaurants, which places can you use them ?

mrclean

Original Poster
universal-orlando-gift-card-hogwarts-express-c.png

I called Universal 2x and both times they couldn't point me to a website or email me a list of participating restaurants where i can use my universal gift cards. They seemed to actually dance around the question. When they gave me the answer they just read the generic details of using it at the gate etc... that wasn't my question to them, found it odd that they couldn't tell me what restaurants / dinning places I can utilize them in. As a side note does anyone know if i can use the gift cards at the gate to buy the Universal Meal Plan ? My entire Disney meals are already planned but I have no reservations when visiting Universal for the day. Going in +/-3 weeks is it needed ? In the past I've eating at City Walk Margaritaville & Hard Rock Cafe. Any one have recommendations but more importantly I need to make sure I can utilize the Universal Gift Cards in said restaurant. Any help is appreciated... I feel that Universal should provide that factoid to guests visiting, & the fact that they literally danced around my question twice was very odd. Despite all of this I'm super stoked about my upcoming trip #cantwait !

trr1

View attachment 218120

I called Universal 2x and both times they couldn't point me to a website or email me a list of participating restaurants where i can use my universal gift cards. They seemed to actually dance around the question. When they gave me the answer they just read the generic details of using it at the gate etc... that wasn't my question to them, found it odd that they couldn't tell me what restaurants / dinning places I can utilize them in. As a side note does anyone know if i can use the gift cards at the gate to buy the Universal Meal Plan ? My entire Disney meals are already planned but I have no reservations when visiting Universal for the day. Going in +/-3 weeks is it needed ? In the past I've eating at City Walk Margaritaville & Hard Rock Cafe. Any one have recommendations but more importantly I need to make sure I can utilize the Universal Gift Cards in said restaurant. Any help is appreciated... I feel that Universal should provide that factoid to guests visiting, & the fact that they literally danced around my question twice was very odd. Despite all of this I'm super stoked about my upcoming trip #cantwait !
found this on another site its from Dec 25, 2015
"I called the gift card hotline and found out every place except Margaritaville accept Universal gift cards. Thought I would share incase anyone else was wondering"

JoeCamel

They spend like cash at all Universal venues and the hotels. As trr1 posted a couple of the chains do not accept them and I think Bubba Gump's may be another one. Ressies are made the week of unless it is something special like Tchoup Tchop or however you spell it. For the very high end like that, The Palm and Bice I would call them now

captainkidd

They spend like cash at all Universal venues and the hotels. As trr1 posted a couple of the chains do not accept them and I think Bubba Gump's may be another one. Ressies are made the week of unless it is something special like Tchoup Tchop or however you spell it. For the very high end like that, The Palm and Bice I would call them now

Ressies aren't necessary at The Palm. We always walk right in at 5:00 or 6:00 and plenty of tables available. Surprising, as the food is excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom