New Star Wars store coming to the Marketplace at Disney Springs

ppete1975

It would be nice if they themed it, but looking at the marvel store and some of the others I highly doubt it. If they themed it well I think it would be a great addition and maybe even have the trading jawas.

Megatronus

There is already an exclusive Star Wars store in the West Side. It's across from Starbucks.

I was just gonna say that! The Galactic Outpost, which replaced D-Street a couple years back. So I guess that begs the question, will Galactic Outpost stay or go? Would seem odd for them to have two SW dedicated shops. Hopefully we see something new in its place.

Megatronus

I was just in Disney Springs a few nights ago. I was disappointed with the Star Wars store. Hopefully they will have better items to chose from.

Agreed. Definitely could be better. My disappointment is that I would like to see more merch exclusive to that particular store. Give people a reason to go. I think the Fun Finds space is bigger, so maybe that will allow them to expand a bit on the selection.

HauntedMansionFLA

Agreed. Definitely could be better. My disappointment is that I would like to see more merch exclusive to that particular store. Give people a reason to go. I think the Fun Finds space is bigger, so maybe that will allow them to expand a bit on the selection.
That's what I was expecting when I walked into the store.

Jon81uk

The Launch Bay at Hollywood Studios is the better shop, in my opinion. It has some of the cooler merch that Galactic Outpost doesn't have (at least when I was there last). They really need to make a hybrid of the two for the Springs shop.

I agree that Launch Bay has a better selection of one off type stuff. But I don't see the marketplace store being that sort of thing. It mainly just a new stuff home for what was inside once upon a toy.
Also if I'm paying theme park admission I expect better more unique Disney stores compared to marketplace. A lot of the stuff inside the parks should not be available outside in my opinion. For example in Momento Mori in Magic Kingdom there is some Haunted Mansion stuff that can't be found elsewhere.

Giants14

I love Star Wars - always have.......but jeepers creepers in a few years time, it will feel that Star Wars will be all you see in Disney.

I understand they have spent massive coin to get Star Wars and its a money spinner but its gonna be hard for those people who generally aren't interested in it.

Kman101

I'd think people would be happy to have it be confined to its own store. No different than Frozen having stores dedicated to it or Marvel. There's a demand for SW. It's popular and people need to accept that. A small store or area in a theme park isn't really overkill to me.

Bolt

I love Star Wars - always have.......but jeepers creepers in a few years time, it will feel that Star Wars will be all you see in Disney.

I understand they have spent massive coin to get Star Wars and its a money spinner but its gonna be hard for those people who generally aren't interested in it.
There's over a 150 locations at Disney Springs, I think the world will keep spinning with this location. I mean, if they can have four locations that sell just sunglasses, I think a Star Wars store in Marketplace will be fine.

matt clark

If the NEW store sells black series 6 inch figures I will be happy. I still need wave 2 of the 40th anniversary releases. The galactic outpost is extremely lacking. Do we need an entire wall of non moving foot-base figures that nobody ever buys?

HauntedMansionFLA

There will be a new flavor of the month soon. Remember the Frozen craze?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom