Haunted Mansion Restaurant

Kman101

I don't pay much attention to the PLQ it doesn't bother me overall, but I get annoyed when the line actually moves that kids (and adults) feel compelled to pay attention and do things, holding up the line, and then you have everyone determined to take a picture of their special little one who could care less and then you have teens and adults taking selfies every time they move an inch in line (this is true of every line, not just the HM line) ...

huwar18

I would be open to Sleepy Hollow elements. but I would rather not see them go crazy with IP-based theming.

I agree. I would love to see a restaurant that had more of a broad theme. I think if they did something that just had a haunted or mysterious feel it would be awesome. It could even be loosely based on the Museum of the Weird / Seekers of the Weird.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I don't pay much attention to the PLQ it doesn't bother me overall, but I get annoyed when the line actually moves that kids (and adults) feel compelled to pay attention and do things, holding up the line, and then you have everyone determined to take a picture of their special little one who could care less and then you have teens and adults taking selfies every time they move an inch in line (this is true of every line, not just the HM line) ...
They need a sign -- perhaps a tombstone -- near the start of the queue, engraved:
If you stop to play

With the Tombs that surround you

Don't be surprised

If the line moves around you.

Kman101

They need a sign -- perhaps a tombstone -- near the start of the queue, engraved:
If you stop to play

With the Tombs that surround you

Don't be surprised

If the line moves around you.

Agreed. I've honestly done that. I do try and be respectful and smile as their little one plays but they have no interest when the line is at a standstill ... lol. People bypass me when I may be taking a picture in a queue so ...

DisLemur

First Post. Just for fun I made a concept menu and the story of the restaurant.

Food is "pushed by ghosts" magnet underneath food cart.

The restaurant is actually the guest house for the Ghost Host's most ghoulish visitors, who find the main mansion too cramped.

The Ghost Host makes an "appearance" via audio recordings, maybe some customized upon request, say if someone is having a birthday.

Menu

Appetizing Spooks (Appetizers and sides)

Undead Garden and Ceaser Salads

Tail of a rat- Fresh cut raw veggies and fresh made dip of your choice

Ghostly Fries-French fries

Postmortzzarella Sticks- baked mozzarella cheese sticks

Entre if you Dare (Entres)

The Host's Roast- A favorite of the ghost host back in his mortal days. Roast Beef with choice of two sides.

Wee Little Ghosts (kids menu)

Dirt and Worms (Spagetti and meatball chunks)

Skeleton Fingers (chicken fingers)

Ghoulish Delights (deserts)

Freshly Dug Grave- Hot Brownie Fudge cake with chocolate graham cracker crumbs and a chocolate chip (cookie) grave marker.

Freshly Laid Flowers- A variety of flower shaped petifores.

Grim Grinning Ghost Cupcakes- cupcakes that look like the busts from the ride.

Crème Boolée- Crème brûlée

Fine Spirits (Wine and beer)

Leota's Brew- Absinthe and Gin cocktail

Several of the cocktails are homages to other versions of the Haunted Mansion around the world.

The Phantom- Margarita style cocktail

The Mystic- Jiuniang (fermented sweet rice wine)

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
First Post. Just got fun I made a concept menu and the story of the restaurant.

Food is "pushed by ghosts" magnet underneath food cart.

The restaurant is actually the guest house for the Ghost Host's most ghoulish visitors, who find the main mansion too cramped.

The Ghost Host makes an "appearance" via audio recordings, maybe some customized upon request, say if someone is having a birthday.

Menu

Appetizing Spooks (Appetizers and sides)

Undead Garden and Ceaser Salads

Tail of a rat- Fresh cut raw veggies and fresh made dip of your choice

Ghostly Fries-French fries

Postmortzzarella Sticks- baked mozzarella cheese sticks

Entre if you Dare (Entres)

The Host's Roast- A favorite of the ghost host back in his mortal days. Roast Beef with choice of two sides.

Wee Little Ghosts (kids menu)

Dirt and Worms (Spagetti and meatball chunks)

Skeleton Fingers (chicken fingers)

Ghoulish Delights (deserts)

Freshly Dug Grave- Hot Brownie Fudge cake with chocolate graham cracker crumbs and a chocolate chip (cookie) grave marker.

Freshly Laid Flowers- A variety of flower shaped petifores.

Grim Grinning Ghost Cupcakes- cupcakes that look like the busts from the ride.

Crème Boolée- Crème brûlée

Fine Spirits (Wine and beer)

Leota's Brew- Absinthe and Gin cocktail

Several of the cocktails are homages to other versions of the Haunted Mansion around the world.

The Phantom- Margarita style cocktail

The Mystic- Jiuniang (fermented sweet rice wine)
Maybe they could add French Ghost to breakfast...

Just4Pics

The question really is how quickly they want this dining AND DRINKING establishment up and serving. I can't answer that ... yet.

As of now possibly 3 and bit years away?

An MK 50th production then. Makes sense.

Not really. Original plan was 2019. Now 2020.

MKs 50th is the year later.

I apologize if I misunderstood but weren't you talking about the restaurant here?

mhaftman7

I agree. I would love to see a restaurant that had more of a broad theme. I think if they did something that just had a haunted or mysterious feel it would be awesome. It could even be loosely based on the Museum of the Weird / Seekers of the Weird.

Or....
IMG_1160.PNG

Just4Pics

Seems like plenty of crossed lines there! I was referring to a possible RoA pathway. The assumption would be that's where the restaurant would be. I've no specific info myself on the restaurant.

Ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That's a shame though. MK really needs more quality dining.

LukeS7

Do any insiders know if the RoA pathway/HM Restaurant has been discussed any more internally? I just remembered this rumor was a thing, sorry for the bump

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom