Saturday D23 Announcement - Marvel Land at DCA

disneyC97

Would it be at all possible there is a deal where DLR gets a clone of the IOA Spider-Man and IOA gets a clone of the forthcoming Avengers attraction?

Idk but stranger things have happened.

Ismael Flores

It would be awesome if they revived the old Incredibles right idea that they had considered several years back . I believe it was supposed to use something similar to the Cuca arm but was put aside because of possibly capacity issues . Since universal was able to make the Harry Potter ride to work capacity wise then there should not be a reason why Disney can't do the same.

I always thought that they could make it fit into paradise pier by deeming it to an old abandoned huanted house. The idea would be that this hunted house/maze is now being used as a hideout by a villain. Thank the old Scooby Doo cartoons, actually the last moviehad a similar idea.
The Queue could be themed to an old mirror maze.
An animatronic character from the Incredible cast would meet us inside and let us know that we shouldn't be in there but since we are that we must follow closely because it is dangerous.
We get on a vehicle and then join the incredible aa they fight thru the old huanted house to capture and defeat the villain.
WDI could really have fun with the inside adding some clever props and cheesy scare effects combined with state of the art projections and physical sets
That would add the much needed huanted house aspect on the Pier, in theory it fits the Pier theme and the Pixar characters are just part of it

Disneyfan1981

Yeah Spider-Man makes a lot of sense. I was thinking Ant man was a possibility. I guess I subconsciously thought that Spider-Man wasn't being considered because the bar has been set and it would be compared to the Spider man attraction at IOA.

This is true that IOA does bring a high bar but with so many locals going through and a lot of folks who go to DL but don't really make it across country I don't think they worry too much about the comparisons. Spider-Man greet character has such huge lines and the actors are always fun to watch interact with the kids and the weekend we went so much Spider-Man merchandise was everywhere despite not having a solid attraction to feed off of that I think Spidey in there as a ride would be a no-brainer. They even had Spidey merchandise inside of the GotG shop that was selling fairly well so it's ripe for the picking.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Disappointed we didn't get more details pertaining to the new Spiderman and Avengers attractions.
The Pixar Pier is intriguing though. The concept art made it look like CA Screamin' will get a new "look"...but that was it.

I have to say, I was ruined by these forums for this panel. Only about 2 reveals from the entire presentation were "news" to me. I sat there almost basically predicting the attraction before Bob said it.

britain

Disappointed we didn't get more details pertaining to the new Spiderman and Avengers attractions.
The Pixar Pier is intriguing though. The concept art made it look like CA Screamin' will get a new "look"...but that was it.

I have to say, I was ruined by these forums for this panel. Only about 2 reveals from the entire presentation were "news" to me. I sat there almost basically predicting the attraction before Bob said it.

I agree this D23 was light on real news to us. But, it's nice to have good confirmations. And honestly, if the ONLY thing that came out of this weekend was the new Star Wars model, I'd still be happy! :)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I agree this D23 was light on real news to us. But, it's nice to have good confirmations. And honestly, if the ONLY thing that came out of this weekend was the new Star Wars model, I'd still be happy! :)
True. Not really sold on the name. Don't really think it will ever get properly used, but the model in person kinda blew me away.

BasiltheBatLord

I felt the same way. I've been trying to figure out recently how it would be possible, if at all, to keep frequenting this site next year without ruining any D23 news for myself.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I felt the same way. I've been trying to figure out recently how it would be possible, if at all, to keep frequenting this site next year without ruining any D23 news for myself.
Thankfully though, a lot of this site is still just rumors until a D23 type event gives confirmation. While I knew a lot of the upcoming projects, it was good to get the official word and see concept art. I'm glad I was able to get in.

Bob Harlem

Is Spider-man really going to be tis own attraction or is it just included with the other one?

Having a Spider Man ride on the west coast and East coasts, both in parks with Adventure in the name is going to be confusing as hell for the general public. And then add on the Japan version of Spiderman at USJ, it's not any better there either.

GiveMeTheMusic

Is Spider-man really going to be tis own attraction or is it just included with the other one?

Having a Spider Man ride on the west coast and East coasts, both in parks with Adventure in the name is going to be confusing as hell for the general public. And then add on the Japan version of Spiderman at USJ, it's not any better there either.

The amount of guests who visit both DCA and IOA is very small, and since DCA's Marvel attractions can't be marketed east of the Mississippi River, no one will care.

TP2000

Original Poster
The amount of guests who visit both DCA and IOA is very small, and since DCA's Marvel attractions can't be marketed east of the Mississippi River, no one will care.

Agreed. Less than 5% of Disneyland Resort visitors would even know there is an 18 year old Spiderman ride in a theme park in Orlando. And of those that know, very few would care.

For a few hundred diehard theme park fans on message boards though, it would be a topic of conversation.

BrianLo

There seems to be a bit of traction to the Marvel announcement being at SDCC this weekend.

I kind of hope so, I really was in a mental head space for us to get some concept art.

I forgot GoTG:MB happened at SDCC last year.

TP2000

Original Poster
There seems to be a bit of traction to the Marvel announcement being at SDCC this weekend.

I kind of hope so, I really was in a mental head space for us to get some concept art.

I forgot GoTG:MB happened at SDCC last year.

Traction on a Comic-Con announcement from outside this message board? Or are you just referring to our wishful thinking here?

Bob Harlem

The inverse isn't true, however, nothing is preventing Universal from advertising Spirderman on the west coast (they sometimes do with the national ads) and using Marvel in the name to boot. I won't say they would do that, but they could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom