Club 32 Lounge

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So have you all checked it out on my page yet? I'm still at work and will not be home to put it up here for a couple more hours. I'll do it as soon as I can, but for now, you'll have to go over the my blog to see your park.
MSqePtX.jpg

Just saw it -- absolutely amazing job!

Here's the full link if people want to see - and I'll post this to the cumulative thread!
http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/

Imagineerland

And I'm home and here to add some more information! Thanks for posting the image for me already. I'm not going to just copy the summary text I wrote on my page, so head there is you want to see that, but really that's a lot of stuff you already know. There's also zoom ins on each of the lands with all the labels for the attractions and restaurants if you can't tell what everything is or need more specifics. http://imagineerland.blogspot.com/

So I was able to fit everything except just a couple things.
-I could not fit natures wonderland in Frontierland because I wanted to give plenty of space to the entrance and exterior of Western River Expedition, especially once I realized how cool the exterior suspended car system could look as it climbs into the mountain. I put trails by Splash Mountain instead though.
-I couldn't fit the quick service restaurant that was supposed to go by Splash Mountain, but I just moved that to the New Orleans area instead.
-I condensed to the single dumbo instead of dumbo for space reasons, just so it fit better against the canal way.
-And I didn't put in the monorail, because I am not really sure that it would be worth it for such a small resort where the hotel area is right next to the park. But that is something I can add back in later if needed since it would just add onto the transportation area of Tomorrowland.

I also added a couple things.
-Big Hero 6 ride for Tomorrowland, because I had the space and I really want a Big Hero 6 ride somewhere.
-Added Gaston's Tavern as well as Ratigan's because I really liked how I could put it right next to the Beauty and the Beast area, but across the wall. Makes good transition.
-Put in the carousel because why not, there was space.
-Added a tea cups ride, but Mary Poppins themed because I had a small amount of space in the back corner of the English Gardens style subland. I feel like that could be a pretty nice cohesive area in the fantastical London of Mary Poppins with a ride, restaurant, and a penguin themed spinner.
-I added the steamship in New Orleans square just to block the view of Splash Mountain, which doesn't really thematically make sense right up against the city streets.
-And finally I put back the Museum of the Weird as a creepy dock side warehouse museum, directly inspired by Musee Mechanique in San Francisco.

I think Pacific Wharf and Tomorrowland turned out the best, but I am happy with almost all of it. The Shadowlands is also a pretty cool concept and that turned out pretty good.

Other thoughts:

I tried really hard to integrate the train as much as possible and give it a variety of show scenes instead of just having it pass through the woods removed the actual guest areas. It ends up with 7 show scenes on the loop and some pretty cool interaction with the landscape of Frontierland, Shadowlands, and Tomorrowland. I can image how cool Frontierland would be with the suspended cabs cycling above it.

I think this park is fully built out. Not really any obvious expansion, which is ok because the concept was pretty maxed out anyway. Would be interesting to think about how this thing would be phased.

For entertainment, I think the central lagoon is large enough to have a world of color style system, at least at some scale. Maybe that could be integrated into the nightime show? Some kind of 360 degree world of color, plus castle projections and low level pyro? based on our site, with the main road just behind the park, I'm not sure if full scale pyro would be feasible.

Overall, I like this park a lot. I say that about everything I make, but I guess I have to find a way to like it to really get it finished.

So, any questions or thoughts about how this turned out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom