Mission Space FP+ distribution

worldofsounds

Original Poster
This morning was my 60-day mark for making FP+ selections and for the most part it went according to plan! However, I did notice that for the day I'm touring Epcot (September 14th) the FP+ distribution is done for M:S. I thought this was odd so I went onto the Touring Plans website to check FP+ availability for dates during the week of my vacation and M:S distribution is done for the entire length of my stay. In fact, there aren't any FP's available for the ride until September 19th.

Now I realize that M:S is currently closed and is set to reopen at the end of July. And I'm assuming that these September dates are blacked out because the refurbishment is taking longer than expected. So I'm wondering: Should I assume that the ride will be closed while we are visiting and if it DOES happen to reopen before then, do these FP's get relisted?

nickys

Premium Member
If it re-opens they will release the fastpasses. So if it's something you want to do I would make time to do it when planning out your day. That said you don't usually need a fastpass for it.

worldfanatic

That said you don't usually need a fastpass for it.
That's true. The line is never too terribly long. But because the other Fastpass tier 2 options at Epcot are probably even less helpful (except maybe Spaceship Earth), I'd still get one for Mission Space if it's something you want to ride.
I also think it might have a surge in popularity if the rumors of a new film/mission following the refurb are true.
We should know more on that soon.

nickys

Premium Member
That's true. The line is never too terribly long. But because the other Fastpass tier 2 options at Epcot are probably even less helpful (except maybe Spaceship Earth), I'd still get one for Mission Space if it's something you want to ride.
I also think it might have a surge in popularity if the rumors of a new film/mission following the refurb are true.
We should know more on that soon.

Yeah, I would too. But Op's 60 day window has arrived and it's not available. He could book 2 and wait, or he can book 3 and deal with it if and when. Personally I would book 3 and deal with it......

worldofsounds

Original Poster
Yeah, I would too. But Op's 60 day window has arrived and it's not available. He could book 2 and wait, or he can book 3 and deal with it if and when. Personally I would book 3 and deal with it......

I booked 3. I have The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends in place of M:S... which seems a little ridiculous.

Spaceship Earth
9:20 AM - 10:20 AM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Frozen Ever After
2:05 PM - 3:05 PM

Last edited:

worldfanatic

I also would book 3 and try to switch it later if MS becomes available.
My 1st Epcot day will be on 9/19, so according to his post, I should barely be able to book a MS Fastpass when my window opens up next week.:happy:

worldofsounds

Original Poster
I also would book 3 and try to switch it later if MS becomes available.
My 1st Epcot day will be on 9/19, so according to his post, I should barely be able to book a MS Fastpass when my window opens up next week.:happy:

Actually September 19th looks wide open for M:S fast passes. I'm seeing 24 different time slots from 9:25am to 8:30pm.

worldfanatic

I booked 3. I have The Seas w/ Nemo & Friends in place of M:S... which seems a little ridiculous.
Haha..
A Nemo fastpass can save you a little time on occasion.
But the problem for me is the Fastpass line bypasses what I consider one of the best waiting lines in all of WDW.
It's never too long, and I find it an extremely relaxing and well themed queue.

Figment Forever

On Wednesday, I was able to make a FP for Mission Space for 9/15 & 9/19 and I just received an e-mail from Disney say they changed it. So I wonder if the refurbishment is going into September? :(

EPICOT

Spaceship Earth
9:20 AM - 10:20 AM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Frozen Ever After
2:05 PM - 3:05 PM

I'm going in early September as well and this is almost the same as my FP+ bookings. Hopefully I'll be able to change my Nemo FP to M:S if they reopen in time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom