ADR from Animal Kingdom Lodge - HELP!

GusGus1

Original Poster
We are travelling to WDW at the end of August, and on our first morning in the parks we have an ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:30am. I kind of want to avoid driving, but am conscious that buses and MK transport don't start until 30-60 minutes before park opening. What's the best way to get to my ADR on time??

Thanks in advance :)

We are travelling to WDW at the end of August, and on our first morning in the parks we have an ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:30am. I kind of want to avoid driving, but am conscious that buses and MK transport don't start until 30-60 minutes before park opening. What's the best way to get to my ADR on time??

We are travelling to WDW at the end of August, and on our first morning in the parks we have an ADR for Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:30am. I kind of want to avoid driving, bam conscious that buses and MK transport don't start until 30-60 minutes before park opening. What's the best way to get to my ADR on time??

Ai

correcaminos

Buses will likely get you there in time if you arrive about 1-1.5 hours early. They will be running. You can also take Uber (they have car seats if you have kids) if you don't want to deal with long waits and leaving very early.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I would take an Uber...cheaper than taxi and faster than a bus. We used Uber on our last trip when we did not take Monorail. Good luck and have fun!

Buses will likely get you there in time if you arrive about 1-1.5 hours early. They will be running. You can also take Uber (they have car seats if you have kids) if you don't want to deal with long waits and leaving very early.
Uber cannot go directly to the MK. Uber will drop off at the TTC and guests will need to take the ferry or monorail over to MK. (Yes I know Uber can drop off at the Contemporary and the OP can walk from there, but it sounds like the OP is not familiar with WDW and bus from AKL would be easiest and would get her party to MK in time for the breakfast ADR.)

correcaminos

Uber cannot go directly to the MK. Uber will drop off at the TTC and guests will need to take the ferry or monorail over to MK. (Yes I know Uber can drop off at the Contemporary and the OP can walk from there, but it sounds like the OP is not familiar with WDW and bus from AKL would be easiest and would get her party to MK in time for the breakfast ADR.)
Hmmm my post didn't have that about the Contemporary which is what I swore I typed. So yes, I am well aware of that. I don't make the assumption that posters aren't familiar with Disney transport (especially when they talk about driving) because of one early morning question about buses. I would personally still take Uber to Contemporary. Then again last month I saw a family trying to get to 'Ohana and they had to wait over 45 minutes for a bus to come. One had come but it couldn't take them all so they waited... and waited... 30 minutes later another came to get the group and they finally got on. They had come early enough to give time and they were still cutting it short in the end.

Some things are worth paying for IMO. I wouldn't want to drive to MK myself (only park I won't) but I am not sure I want the stress of being out the door at 7am just to make it to a breakfast an hour and a half later.

dreamfinder

Despite the official story from CMs, buses for the parks will usually be on the road by 6:30 AM. Keep in mind that though at the early hours, the buses may be closer to 30 minutes apart instead of 20, so you may have a longer wait. As a PP said, shoot to be at the bus stop by 7 and you should be fine. If 7:45 rolls around with no bus, then you may want to have Uber or the Mears taxi number on your phone as a backup. Although if you are staying at Jambo house, I usually see a cab or two waiting by the door even at that time of day.

MissingDisney

We have never had an issue getting an early pre-park opening bus from any resort for a breakfast ressie but we did give a little more time at AKL just because it's a bit of a drive. For our 8:15 am CRT we were at the bus by 7 and had no issues at all. Bus came by 7:15, at MK by 7:45, cleared security and took some photos before checking in. Have fun!

nickys

Premium Member
I would speak to the Concierege the night before, and ask if a bus will be running early enough to get you there. If not, they will almost certainly arrange transport for you. Check again in the morning if you're worried. Or just use Uber a taxi if it puts your mind at rest. But Disney want people to get to their reservations!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom