Fall break or Thanksgiving holidays?

Jose

Hi! I'm from Spain and I'm studying my fall semester in South Carolina. I have two periods of holidays; fall break (Oct 14-17th) and Thansgiving (Nov 22-26th). My question is: when to visit?
Also, I'm planning on getting a 3-day Park Hopper ticket as I work in Disneyland Paris and most rides are the same there!
Thank you very much for your help!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi! I'm from Spain and I'm studying my fall semester in South Carolina. I have two periods of holidays; fall break (Oct 14-17th) and Thansgiving (Nov 22-26th). My question is: when to visit?
Also, I'm planning on getting a 3-day Park Hopper ticket as I work in Disneyland Paris and most rides are the same there!

Both times will be crowded but just decide if you want Christmas decor or fall decor with Food & Wine at Epcot. We love both times. Day after Thanksgiving Candlelight Processional and Holidays around the world start at Epcot as well.

And I highly suggest more days of tickets than just 3 if you can. Most rides aren't the same as DLP. Some similar yes but so many more besides those. Also WDW consists of 4 main parks and it's HUGE compared to DLP! So stay as long as you can!! Then besides the 4 main parks there is Disney Springs the shopping, dining, and entertainment area etc. (also 2 water parks and 2 miniature golf locations with 4 courses, regular golf courses, ESPN sports complex etc) .....;)

Upvote 0

Jose

Original Poster
Both times will be crowded but just decide if you want Christmas decor or fall decor with Food & Wine at Epcot. We love both times. Day after Thanksgiving Candlelight Processional and Holidays around the world start at Epcot as well.

And I highly suggest more days of tickets than just 3 if you can. Most rides aren't the same as DLP. Some similar yes but so many more besides those. Also WDW consists of 4 main parks and it's HUGE compared to DLP! So stay as long as you can!! Then besides the 4 main parks there is Disney Springs the shopping, dining, and entertainment area etc. (also 2 water parks and 2 miniature golf locations with 4 courses, regular golf courses, ESPN sports complex etc) .....;)
I know, but I only have 5 days and I want to see Harry Potter too! Maybe 4 Disney days :)
Anyway, thank you very much for answering, you are lovely!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I know, but I only have 5 days and I want to see Harry Potter too! Maybe 4 Disney days :)
Anyway, thank you very much for answering, you are lovely!

You are so very welcome! And yes 4 would be a good plan for WDW. Then just get the 2 park Universal Ticket to see both Harry Potter areas. Harry Potter is really cool so don't blame you for wanting to do that while here. ;)

Upvote 0

Dave B

The last two years we have gone during Fall break for Thanksgiving décor and then last year for Thanksgiving with the xmas décor, it is beautiful, the Halloween party is a little bit more fun, but the xmas decorations and lights are just amazing, ALSO their are a TON of reservations and availability, just not for the free dining promo

Have Fun

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I would go in October. It'll still be crowded, but Thanksgiving week can be horribly worse (per friends that have or currently work at WDW). The Halloween party was incredibly fun when I went in September so I'd certainly suggest it if you're able to get there. We didn't do many of the character meets but the ride being shorter waits then normal was worth it alone.
And DEFINITELY stop and see Harry Potter, I haven't been since 2010 (right after the first portion was opened) and that was fantastic, I'm looking forward to going back next year and seeing the rest.
Have a fantastic trip!

Upvote 0

thomas998

October is your better bet. Since you want to do Harry Potter I would suggest you consider staying at a Universal resort for at least one day so you will be able to get into Universal to see Harry Potter land an hour earlier, Harry Potter can get very crowded and the extra hour makes it much easier.... To that end make sure you get the ticket for both parks at Universal (park hopper) because if you don't you will not be able to ride the Harry Potter Train that goes from one park to the other.... Also given you are in October you might consider a ticket to Mickey's Halloween party so that you can do more things in MK in less time. The Sunday nights for the party in October shouldn't be very crowded at the party at least that has been my experience in the past. The place you will find the longest lines and biggest pain at Disney are going to be the AK for the new Pandora stuff, so keep that in mind when you try to get a fastpass.

Upvote 0

bluetiedye

Thanksgiving week is very busy, but I went once on Thanksgiving itself and it wasn't all that bad since most Americans are celebrating that day. Though if you are going for multiple days, the October option is probably your better bet! Plus then you can go to a Mickey's Halloween Party which I actually like more than the Christmas Party :)

Upvote 0

Jose

Original Poster
I would go in October. It'll still be crowded, but Thanksgiving week can be horribly worse (per friends that have or currently work at WDW). The Halloween party was incredibly fun when I went in September so I'd certainly suggest it if you're able to get there. We didn't do many of the character meets but the ride being shorter waits then normal was worth it alone.
And DEFINITELY stop and see Harry Potter, I haven't been since 2010 (right after the first portion was opened) and that was fantastic, I'm looking forward to going back next year and seeing the rest.
Have a fantastic trip!
thank you very much!!!!!!

Upvote 0

thomas998

Thanksgiving week is very busy, but I went once on Thanksgiving itself and it wasn't all that bad since most Americans are celebrating that day. Though if you are going for multiple days, the October option is probably your better bet! Plus then you can go to a Mickey's Halloween Party which I actually like more than the Christmas Party :)
Yes... between the Halloween and Christmas party there is really no comparison... Halloween party is much better. Christmas is probably the weakest hard ticket event I have ever been to at WDW. I even thought the long gone Pirate and Princess party was better than the Christmas party.

Upvote 0

bluetiedye

Yes... between the Halloween and Christmas party there is really no comparison... Halloween party is much better. Christmas is probably the weakest hard ticket event I have ever been to at WDW. I even thought the long gone Pirate and Princess party was better than the Christmas party.
Never heard of the Pirate and Princess party. What was that like?

Upvote 0

thomas998

Never heard of the Pirate and Princess party. What was that like?

Was a bit like the Halloween party only held in the Spring. Kids were encouraged to dress like pirate or princesses and instead of handing out candy, the kids were given plastic jewels that they would put in a small sewn bag like treasure. It also had a meet and greet with Captain Jack which was much better than the one they have now as it was inside a specially decorated room though the for it was insanely slow because of the amount of interaction. My kids still think back to it as the best party they did at Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom