2017 NCAA Football Thread

21stamps

Original Poster
Omg.. I haven't been getting notifications for this thread!!! Thought it was sitting dormant.lol

@21stamps & @JohnD - little over a month until the season starts! Whoop, whoop.

Saban recently complemented FSU, sort of, by stating FSU was "built like an SEC team". Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami did..]
[\quote]
)

Totally AGREE!!!!

(Edited your post a bit ;)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
That's not what I am talking about. "Yeah, right. SEC became dominant in the past decade by copying what Miami and FSU under Bowden did in the 1980s." Miami got by on playing two or three games a season back in those days. They had mostly crappy schedules. I respect what they did because they did win those games. As for Bowden, just another person cut from Bear's cloth. Bama was before them, during their day and is still winning today. FSU is built like an SEC, which is a compliment big time. Would they rather be built like Boston College?

??? These Miami comments are an even worse display than I'd expect to see from the OSU haters. Lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Omg.. I haven't been getting notifications for this thread!!! Thought it was sitting dormant.lol

Totally AGREE!!!!

(Edited your post a bit ;)

Messed up the reply, so start again, lol. That's what I get for posting with my new toy.

And here I thought you were ignoring me.... :(

Like your edit, btw

LAKid53

Premium Member
I turned off email alerts within a few days after joining.. is it possible to turn them on for a single thread?

Well, for watched threads, but not just one.

I just realized how you edited my post...sneaky b.u.g.g.e.r

21stamps

Original Poster
Well, for watched threads, but not just one.

I just realized how you edited my post...sneaky ******

Ha ha ha ha. I was wondering why you said that you liked it.. but I wasn't going to complain! Thought you finally saw the light..

Re: one watched thread.. that stinks. I don't want email alerts for all.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ha ha ha ha. I was wondering why you said that you liked it.. but I wasn't going to complain! Thought you finally saw the light..

In your dreams...

I need to adjust the backlight on my Fire - right now some sites are hard to read

LAKid53

Premium Member

Re: one watched thread.. that stinks. I don't want email alerts for all.

Unwatch the threads you don't want alerts for

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's probably smart. I will do that. Maybe set up a 7th email acct. lol

That's waaaay too much effort. Just unwatch threads. I believe the default is any thread you comment in becomes watched. I'm constantly going into my list and unwatching ones that wander off into the wilderness or just become nothing but arguments....

LAKid53

Premium Member

Stupid rules like this is why the NCAA needs to go. The university and the NCAA can and do make millions off the image of student-athletes, but the kids are ****** if they try to make money off their own image. Sure wish the Northwestern players had been successful in their litigation.

I hope the kid makes enough via his YouTube business to make up losing his scholarship.

The rules should be about safety and conflicts of interest, not earning money....

LAKid53

Premium Member
That's just sad and the NCAA needs a revision badly for this. They don't go after the wrong doers but they'll punish someone like this? Got it.

And kids who swap autographed jerseys for tattoos....

The fallacy of "student-athlete" needs to end. They are athletes who are earning their achools and conferences millions of dollars. How much will FSU and 'Bama each make from the game? How much are Fisher and Saban paid? And yet a kid trying to mske some money via his own image is guilty of what? And if UCF hadn't kick him off the team, they'd be facing sanctions. They still may.

As I said, the NCAA needs to go...or needs major overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom