working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went for a walk this morning, then I did a stretching/toning type workout later on in the day.

We have a woodchuck who is making appearances in our back yard. My son has named him "Chubs." They are hearty and sturdy creatures.

I have a bunch of salad ingredients, so I'll probably just make one when my husband gets home from work. :)

Sans Souci

I love North Topsail. We used to go years ago when our DD was little. It is such a nice, quiet beach. At least it used to be. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Thank you.

Good, that is just what I am looking for. I am unfamiliar with beaches in that part of the world and did some googling for lesser known beaches and that came up. Then I booked a beach cottage on Airbnb. :)

Songbird76

I ate my standard half-fat vanilla yogurt with blueberries and oats this morning, with a mandarin orange. Then DD and I made smoothies for lunch..banana, pear, mandarin, blueberry, raspberry, and I also ate a few turkey slices. Then I had a chicken and rice curry dish for dinner. I couldn't ride my bike to work tonight as they predicted thunderstorms again and lightning is a big no-no on my bike. But I did walk for 3 out of the 4 hours tonight, and I'm scheduled 3 more evenings this week, so I'll still get my exercise in.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I know you stay at S/D. I looked at prices for our trip--they wanted $425/nt--before resort fee and taxes. That was a basic room, no balcony, no theme park view. I'd like to stay there and I've eaten at Il Mulino several times, but that's approaching Ritz/Four Seasons pricing. :O

The only time you'll see very high pricing like that is either during a peak holiday period, or if there is a large convention (or conventions) going on, and rooms are at a premium. Just depending upon various circumstances, I've paid in the low $200s up to $375 for a high (Epcot fireworks balcony). I don't know when you're travelling, but the price you quoted is very high for Swalfin.

There are various discounts, too. I'm a member of AAA auto club. and I've used that discount many times down there.

Sans Souci

The only time you'll see very high pricing like that is either during a peak holiday period, or if there is a large convention (or conventions) going on, and rooms are at a premium. Just depending upon various circumstances, I've paid in the low $200s up to $375 for a high (Epcot fireworks balcony). I don't know when you're travelling, but the price you quoted is very high for Swalfin.

There are various discounts, too. I'm a member of AAA auto club. and I've used that discount many times down there.

Yes, that's what I have seen in the past, too. I didn't book a vacation for us until about 5-6 weeks ago (for next week), because of my house sale up in the air. So, that's probably I got crazy prices. I do intend to stay there sometime. I know people knock it, but I think it looks nice. I've walked around the grounds many times and that grotto pool looks awesome.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes, that's what I have seen in the past, too. I didn't book a vacation for us until about 5-6 weeks ago (for next week), because of my house sale up in the air. So, that's probably I got crazy prices. I do intend to stay there sometime. I know people knock it, but I think it looks nice. I've walked around the grounds many times and that grotto pool looks awesome.

Can't understand why anyone would knock the hotels (unless they just didn't care for the exterior design--it is radical). They're both very good hotels.

Sans Souci

Can't understand why anyone would knock the hotels (unless they just didn't care for the exterior design--it is radical). They're both very good hotels.

I think people think it's not "Disney" enough. I've read people think it's just like a hotel anywhere else. I don't know any other Marriott/Starwood hotels where you can walk to two theme parks. :)

I think they have a better selection of dining options, too. I ate at Cabana last year and had a really delicious Vietnamese noodle salad.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

@Sans Souci check to see if your dh gets a discount there with his work ID.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 miles done and either yoga or swimming depending on the front going through. Either way it's all good:joyfull: I have some curry left over and it's mine, mine, mine all mine for dinner because my boys ate my "ice cream":mad: I made some white bean, cucumber and onion salad last night and it should be ready by lunch time:hungry: that should go nicely with my spring mix which needs to be thinned again:hungry:

93boomer

Premium Member
I ate my standard half-fat vanilla yogurt with blueberries and oats this morning, with a mandarin orange. Then DD and I made smoothies for lunch..banana, pear, mandarin, blueberry, raspberry, and I also ate a few turkey slices. Then I had a chicken and rice curry dish for dinner. I couldn't ride my bike to work tonight as they predicted thunderstorms again and lightning is a big no-no on my bike. But I did walk for 3 out of the 4 hours tonight, and I'm scheduled 3 more evenings this week, so I'll still get my exercise in.
Good for you!

Songbird76

DD requested Chicken Broccoli Alfredo for dinner because it's been so long since we've had it. I really didn't want to do that because I'm trying really hard to do low carb and eat healthier...I'm desperate to get some pounds off and it's not working. But I compromised by making zoodles instead of pasta, and it was SOOOO good. I found a recipe for Tuscan Meatballs with Carrot Pasta that I think I will try tomorrow night.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning due to the iffy weather the past couple of days I've been doing lots of LS miles and I did weights yesterday:joyfull: This morning was 5 LS miles and with luck swimming or at least floating this afternoon:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom