working out for Disney

Sans Souci

What he said. I'm liking my off site trips more and more. The savings will pay for uber/cab there and back each day plus a signature meal for 2:joyfull:

We used to rent this cute little 2 br condo off of 192. Then seven years ago, I got one of these special pin codes in an email for 40% off. That's when we started staying on site. Last night, my husband said the next time we go down he wants to use the same rental company again. I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but I don't feel like WDW deluxes are in anyway comparable to a hotel in real world at a similar price point, you know?

Sans Souci

Nothing to question. Floors should be clean at any level hotel or resort you stay at. At Disney prices, rental points or cash, floors should be spotless. We stay offsite at least once, sometimes twice per year, and it seems places that cost half the price of Disney are still much cleaner most of the time. Not saying we are experiencing dirty Disney rooms, but back in May we stayed at SSR and I walked around the room in my socks and later noticed the bottoms of the socks were, let's just say, no longer white.

Yes, my son's white socks were in a similar state. I get that the laminate flooring is probably cost-effective for them, but I am not sure it's good for hotels.

Songbird76

Hello--
Just checking in. I am still working out. I have been getting ready for our beach trip next week.

Since we're driving, I should be able to bring my kettle bell. I am going to keep out with my program and get lots of steps in. :cool:

So, there was a thread about the laminate flooring in the rooms. I mentioned that our floors were sticky and dirty when we checked into the 1 br villa at Boardwalk. We paid cash and didn't rent points, because my husband's vacation plans can change. You can get a refund paying cash v renting points. Because we paid cash, we got housekeeping everyday. Anyway, there was one of those mops with a sponge at the end and I cleaned it up the best I could with hot water. I said this in the thread and someone told me I should have used hot water and some dishwasher detergent. OK, I am on vacation and I am essentially performing a housekeeping function, but whatever. Then someone told me I should not expect a clean floor on check in, because housekeeping doesn't have the time. Um, OK? Maybe I am crazy, but I expect a clean floor/room upon check in and maybe a floor cleaning mid-week. I can't believe I am questioning this...
Huh? Why shouldn't you expect a clean floor? You are paying for a service...you SHOULD be able to expect it to be clean for the money it costs to stay at Disney! No one would ever go on vacation if they had to do all the things they always do at home. What's the point of a vacation if you don't get to relax and let someone else to the work? I mean, if you agree to the deal where you get gift cards instead of housekeeping, ok...then you've agreed to that. But it should at LEAST be clean before you get there!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
We used to rent this cute little 2 br condo off of 192. Then seven years ago, I got one of these special pin codes in an email for 40% off. That's when we started staying on site. Last night, my husband said the next time we go down he wants to use the same rental company again. I don't mean to sound like a negative Nancy, but I don't feel like WDW deluxes are in anyway comparable to a hotel in real world at a similar price point, you know?
Sadly yes.

epcotisbest

Watching calories in the summer can be a challenge. I will need to do some extra walking this evening after today's breakfast. In the summer, I am more likely to have some leftover 'que in the fridge (in this case some pulled pork and some burnt ends). Also, fresh eggs from a local farm, and it is the only time I can walk outside, pick a fresh, juicy tomato, wash it and slice it right onto the plate less than 30 seconds from when it was still hanging on the vine.
Anyway, cheesy eggs, que, tomatoes and peppers. Good summer time breakfast.
Can't always have something light and low-calorie. OK, I can, I choose not to then I have to pay for it later with more walking.
I like to eat too much. If I could reverse things and enjoy walking more than eating, life would be different.

breakfast.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know you stay at S/D. I looked at prices for our trip--they wanted $425/nt--before resort fee and taxes. That was a basic room, no balcony, no theme park view. I'd like to stay there and I've eaten at Il Mulino several times, but that's approaching Ritz/Four Seasons pricing. :O

Wow, that is high for S/D.
OUCH and yes! @Sans Souci off site condo and a few extra nice meals:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just checking in I did 5 miles and weights followed by mall walking and shopping (Sam's, Target, Walmart, Wegman's and Joann) My curry is now on the stove. BTW I must be the only person who could buy over 2 dozen summer squash and run low 3 days later

93boomer

Premium Member
Hi! Sorry I haven't checked in much this week. We have painted, painted, and done more painting. Whew!! And it has been very hot here. DH paints the house while I do the inside. We finally had to take a break yesterday and hit the trail. We hiked 7 miles. It was great! We have missed hiking with all the rain on the weekends. I hope we can keep going on Sundays.
Today has been grocery shopping, bills, and emails. Oh and laundry. I feel like today is flying by and not going to get everything done but oh well. Tomorrow is another day. The older I get, the more I don't care about not getting the whole list done.
Tonight is steamed fish and veggies. :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Nothing to question. Floors should be clean at any level hotel or resort you stay at. At Disney prices, rental points or cash, floors should be spotless. We stay offsite at least once, sometimes twice per year, and it seems places that cost half the price of Disney are still much cleaner most of the time. Not saying we are experiencing dirty Disney rooms, but back in May we stayed at SSR and I walked around the room in my socks and later noticed the bottoms of the socks were, let's just say, no longer white.
Exactly why I take flip-flops to wear in the room. Yeah, I'm strange like that.

93boomer

Premium Member
We rented a beach cottage in North Topsail Beach, NC. We've never been. I think with all of the hustle and bustle of the past two years, it might not be a bad idea to stop and smell the roses-type vacation.
I love North Topsail. We used to go years ago when our DD was little. It is such a nice, quiet beach. At least it used to be. Hope you have a wonderful time!!!

93boomer

Premium Member
Huh? Why shouldn't you expect a clean floor? You are paying for a service...you SHOULD be able to expect it to be clean for the money it costs to stay at Disney! No one would ever go on vacation if they had to do all the things they always do at home. What's the point of a vacation if you don't get to relax and let someone else to the work? I mean, if you agree to the deal where you get gift cards instead of housekeeping, ok...then you've agreed to that. But it should at LEAST be clean before you get there!
What Figgy said!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom