FP / Park hopping question

JChoma

Original Poster
I'm sorry, I'm sure this question has been answered on the board at some point but I can't find it. We'll be park hopping for the first time on our next trip. Do you have to book and use 3 fast passes at one park before booking additional fast passes at another? Or, can I book 1 FP at one park then book 2 more at a different park once it's used?

One day we're planning Epcot in the morning and MK in the afternoon. Ideally I would book one Epcot FP for Frozen, and once it's used, make 2 additional Fast Passes for MK later in the day. Can I do that?

Thanks!

disneygeek90

You have to book 3 in one park first. Once you've used all of the FP's or the time has passed for them all, you are free to get your +1. If you end up getting Frozen at 11am or so, try and book the other two from 9-10 and 10-11 (even if you don't use them both) so you will be open after Frozen.

Rob562

No, you will have to book all three in one park. Then you can make your rolling 4th in another park.

-Rob

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As a follow-up question, say you book your three FastPasses for MK in the morning. You just finished using your third FastPass and are walking out of the park to head to EPCOT. Can you book your fourth FastPass (via MDE) while you are still in transit between parks or do you need to wait until you enter the destination park before you can book your fourth FastPasses there?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As a follow-up question, say you book your three FastPasses for MK in the morning. You just finished using your third FastPass and are walking out of the park to head to EPCOT. Can you book your fourth FastPass (via MDE) while you are still in transit between parks or do you need to wait until you enter the destination park before you can book your fourth FastPasses there?
You can book your 4th FP for ANY park immediately after scanning your band at your 3rd FP touch point.

correcaminos

Yes. You can also try and move your third FP to an earlier time the minute you use your second (and your second to an earlier time the moment you scan your 1st) Then immediately after scanning your third you can make your 4th anywhere. Rinse and repeat. We managed 5 FP by the time we ate lunch one day at MK. 4 FP by 11 at Epcot. I just adjusted FPs while in line.

sjhym333

Yes. You can also try and move your third FP to an earlier time the minute you use your second (and your second to an earlier time the moment you scan your 1st) Then immediately after scanning your third you can make your 4th anywhere. Rinse and repeat. We managed 5 FP by the time we ate lunch one day at MK. 4 FP by 11 at Epcot. I just adjusted FPs while in line.

I do this every time I go to the parks and I find that it works great (unless your next FP is for a popular attraction).

correcaminos

I do this every time I go to the parks and I find that it works great (unless your next FP is for a popular attraction).
Yep! We try to do the most popular ones first to help but we cannot always do it that way. It amazed me how many we could get in quickly just by moving things around. Though normally we would have a 9am FP that we wouldn't get to until 10 simply because we used that first hour or two to get as many rides in as possible before hand. We chill a lot after lunch and this doesn't seem to over tire us :)

JChoma

Original Poster
That's a great strategy! Thanks!!

bh_trade

One day we're planning Epcot in the morning and MK in the afternoon. Ideally I would book one Epcot FP for Frozen, and once it's used, make 2 additional Fast Passes for MK later in the day. Can I do that?

Thanks!

No, you will have to book all three in one park. Then you can make your rolling 4th in another park.

-Rob

Ok, my answer might be confusing but we were there last week and my understanding going in was exactly what Rob562 posted. However, my experience was somewhat different. We also had park hopper passes and made 2 FP reservations at our 1st park, then made a 3rd at the park we would hop to later that day. Both days we did this it worked just fine.

However, we could never figure out how to reserve that 4th FP either day. MDE app simply wouldn't allow us to reserve any more once we had reserved 3.

correcaminos

Ok, my answer might be confusing but we were there last week and my understanding going in was exactly what Rob562 posted. However, my experience was somewhat different. We also had park hopper passes and made 2 FP reservations at our 1st park, then made a 3rd at the park we would hop to later that day. Both days we did this it worked just fine.

However, we could never figure out how to reserve that 4th FP either day. MDE app simply wouldn't allow us to reserve any more once we had reserved 3.
I've never been able to do 2 separate parks before the first three are used. I am an AP holder so same ability to hop. It gave me an error the last time I tried (AK/DHS split as an example earlier this month). I will try again right now for tomorrow to see if I can do it.

No matter what until you tap in that third FP at the entrance you will not be allowed to make a 4th. That's the rules they have and there is no way to get around it.

correcaminos

Just tried 2 parks in one day for the first three and got this error

rBMHFwt.jpg

Still unable to do 2 parks in one day unless you do your original 3 first.

nickys

Premium Member
You cannot book at more than one park in advance.

But you can book just one (or two) in one park in advance. Then, when you have tapped into the line (for the last advance fp) you will then be able to make the next one at another park.

So you can't book FEA and SSE and Everest in advance.

You can book FEA and SSE in advance. After SSE, you can then book Everest.

JChoma

Original Poster
But you can book just one (or two) in one park in advance. Then, when you have tapped into the line (for the last advance fp) you will then be able to make the next one at another park.
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Does it make sense to book 1 FP for FEA first thing and then as soon as its used, make 2 additional FP selections in the second park. Then we could get 2 same-day FPs in the second park versus adding them one at a time after the first 3 are used.

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Does it make sense to book 1 FP for FEA first thing and then as soon as its used, make 2 additional FP selections in the second park. Then we could get 2 same-day FPs in the second park versus adding them one at a time after the first 3 are used.

If FEA is really the only must-do in Epcot then it would make a lot of sense. It's either that or rope drop FEA but I assume you've already ruled that out.

correcaminos

If FEA is really the only must-do in Epcot then it would make a lot of sense. It's either that or rope drop FEA but I assume you've already ruled that out.
I agree! Though, I've read many times also that FEA doesn't have FP until 11am. I've never tried for it that early so I personally cannot confirm. I also have had issues with FP in another park outside of just 1 at a time. So I would just do it at rope drop and then travel to the next park where all the FP are made. FEA was about 20 minutes at rope drop as well.

DisneyAubs

You cannot book at more than one park in advance.

Yes, this is correct. You do not have to make 3 FP in advance. You can make 1-3 in advance in the same park. Whenever you have used your last FP that you reserved in advance, you can start making FP in other parks (assuming you have a park hopper ticket).

So, for example, on my last trip we had FP for ToT and TSMM. When those were used I made us FP for Space Mountain that evening.

JChoma

Original Poster

Yep, our plan is to rope drop Soarin, hit test track right after and then get a fast pass for frozen. Those are our three "must dues" for Epcot. Obviously we can only FP one of the 3 and my six-year-old is dying to go on the frozen ride, so frozen it is!

Yes, this is correct. You do not have to make 3 FP in advance. You can make 1-3 in advance in the same park. Whenever you have used your last FP that you reserved in advance, you can start making FP in other parks (assuming you have a park hopper ticket).

So, for example, on my last trip we had FP for ToT and TSMM. When those were used I made us FP for Space Mountain that evening.

Awesome! Thanks. This is what I'm thinking might work best for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom