Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 11 – Septenber 22

So today was supposed to be an early morning at AK, but just like last year, we didn’t feel like going back. So instead, we slept a little late and had breakfast in the room.

Hope took a Tsum Tsum inventory.

thumb_IMG_2168_1024.jpg

By 10:00AM, we were ready to head on out.

thumb_IMG_2171_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2174_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2175_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2182_1024.jpg

What was our destination?

thumb_IMG_2186_1024.jpg

Oh Elena, would we ever see your Royal Welcome? Not today!

thumb_IMG_2189_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2192_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2194_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2203_1024.jpg

Even with what feels like a half of a park opened, it still is so much fun for us!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Our ADR’s were done for this trip – which made it a little relaxing knowing we didn’t have to be at a restaurant at a certain time. Our visit to HS usually begins with Disney Jr. – but we had a FP for Star Tours so we walked that way. I was really happy that Hope didn’t even seem to be bothered by it. She apparently wanted to journey to a galaxy far, far away.

thumb_IMG_2205_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2208_1024.jpg

After we returned, we headed over to Disney Jr. Live On Stage and then walked across to VOTLM before using our next FP for TSMM.

thumb_IMG_2216_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2218_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2221_1024.jpg

I really wanted to check out the construction and get some photos of what was going on, but it seemed like I barely had the chance to pause where the action was.

thumb_IMG_2222_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2224_1024.jpg

It did make me sad to see Monsters Inc characters gone. I wish they would have relocated them.

During a bathroom break, Hope shopped around and really wanted this telescope from Jake. So we made a quick purchase.

thumb_IMG_2213_1024.jpg

In past years, we have always split up a lot – however this year, since Hope decided to ride most of the rides, we were able to stay together for most of the time. But this was one time when we did separate for a short time. Julia & I went to ToT and R&RC while Ross took Hope back to Disney Jr. and to visit the Disney Jr. characters.

When Julia and I were done, we started heading over to meet up with Ross & Hope when I got a text saying they were back in Disney Jr. so we made a stop for something very much needed. Did I mention it was quite HOT this September?

thumb_IMG_2231_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I hate ToT - LOVE the theming - HATE the freefall.

thumb_IMG_2243_1024.jpg
STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORBRIDE_20160922_392356304310.jpeg

R&RC - I LOVE!

thumb_IMG_2244_1024.jpg
STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_20160922_7810016246.jpeg

I was able to get a FP for Frozen so I texted Ross that we would meet them there. That’s one thing that really improved this year – my ability to use the APP. I don’t know if I improved or they improved the APP – but it was much more user friendly this year!

Since we still had a little time, I pulled Julia into Starring Rolls and purchased something really bad…

thumb_IMG_2245_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2246_1024.jpg

I couldn’t help it. Something just came over me and I HAD to have this cupcake! Lol I think Julia managed to find a cinnamon roll.

Then we went over to One Man’s Dream and walked around a bit.

thumb_IMG_2267_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2262_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2269_1024.jpg

It started to rain so we hung around and watched the film. Towards the end I got a text from Ross and we met up at the end and walked over to Frozen.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Hope seemed ready to crash – she just seemed really tired. So I thought she would stay in her stroller for the Frozen show, but when we got to the seats, she wanted to sit in a seat.

thumb_IMG_2286_1024.jpg

It’s usually not a big deal and they always sit us together, but for some reason, they didn’t. So Ross had to sit behind us – no big deal… well almost.

He sat next to a mother and older son who was special needs. The son apparently had something wrong with his eyes and his mom had to put drops in it. It would have been no issue but Ross gets freaked out with anything having to do with the eyes. I’m serious – if Ross watched someone putting in contact lenses, he would faint or throw up.

So by the time the lady was putting the drops in her son’s eye, Ross was trying to block the whole thing out while at the same time trying not to act disrespectful.

thumb_IMG_2284_1024.jpg

Thankfully, after a few deep breaths he managed to hold it together and the show began.

thumb_IMG_2290_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2294_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2296_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2302_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2308_1024.jpg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

As we exited, we heard that Olaf was next door so we got in line to get some warm hugs. It was odd that there was no PP Photographer here.

thumb_IMG_2311_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2326_1024.jpg

We were able to get another FP for Star Tours, so we rode again. Then we all decided to get something to eat. I think we ended up at the Backlot Express? But we got the ugliest looking burger – or should I say bun?

thumb_IMG_2340_1024.jpg

I don’t eat the buns – but Ross did and said it tasted fine. He got the BB cupcake along with a Darth. I didn’t think BB looked so attractive either. I think he wiped all the frosting off.

thumb_IMG_2350_1024.jpg

Miss Hope was tired. A long vacation – but she still managed to eat a little.

thumb_IMG_2344_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2341_1024.jpg

Julia had chicken and waffles for the first time.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

We had wanted to see B&TB again but the rain had canceled one of the shows. So we went back and rode TSMM once more. I never thought I would see a 10 minute wait for TSMM!

thumb_IMG_2370_1024.jpg

Ross & I were in a serious competition by now. We couldn’t even ride together and Julia was getting quite annoyed with us. My gun wasn’t working during the game and the CM heard me say that to Ross on our way out so she gave us a return FP. That was so sweet!

thumb_IMG_2360_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2357_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2361_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2364_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2369_1024.jpg

But first Ross and Julia went on the ToT & R&RC.

Hope fell asleep in her stroller so we just waited by the exit of R&RC.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

When they got done with their rides, we had to make some decisions about the rest of the night. I thought about watching the Star Wars Fireworks, Hope wanted Fantasmic! And Ross thought about leaving the park before any of the nighttime happenings began in order to beat the crowd. Julia voted for Fantasmic so that was the plan.

We also wanted to use our last FP for TSMM so we went there first.

thumb_IMG_2377_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2380_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2384_1024.jpg

After, Julia wanted to ride ToT one more time. She and I hurried over while Ross and Hope did something. (I can’t remember what.) We would meet at the entrance to Fantasmic!

When Julia and I got to ToT – the wait was long. I was able to get a FP for R&RC so I talked her into that, but when we got off there was no time left for ToT. Of course she was not happy. Sorry kiddo. We walked over to meet Ross & Hope at Fantasmic!
Would ice cream cheer her up?

thumb_IMG_2385_1024.jpg

No. She was grumpy for a while.

Hope, who was now rested, had some frozen lemonade.

thumb_IMG_2386_1024.jpg

Then we said our goodbyes to HS.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We hoped a bus to POP and from there to Disney Springs. We were determined to have a couple of hours there rain free!

Julia was still cranky, so I hoped a Goofy banana slush would help get her in a better mood!

thumb_IMG_2417_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2407_1024.jpg

We went to Once Upon A Toy where Hope got a couple of – you guessed it – Tsum Tsum’s.

thumb_IMG_2425_1024.jpg

I actually bought myself a pair of ears! I couldn’t help it – I bought R2D2 ears! I was so excited! Then off to the pin store so Julia could make a purchase.

thumb_IMG_2419_1024.jpg

And then the Lego store…

thumb_IMG_2437_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2434_1024.jpg

Finally, more ice-cream!

thumb_IMG_2449_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2447_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_2448_1024.jpg

Lastly, our boat ride home.

thumb_IMG_2453_1024.jpg

Up next: Unwelcomed Mail

dizfan917

yippee!! I made your report! :) and b.t.w., you ARE famous!!

this fall I am directing a local production of THE HUNCHBACKOF NOTRE DAME and I'll be in rehearsals in September, so we are heading down on November 13th (the day after the show closes). It was a good reason to not have to brave the September heat this year. I wonder if somebody will be able to find me a mickey shaped birthday ice cream bar in Milwaukee?!

We've got tickets to Mickey's Very Merry and lots of delicious Dining Reservations... so missing my bday won't be a big deal. Here's hoping it's not still in the humid 90's when we arrive!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The photos of Hope and her "friends" are so cute!

Love the Darth Vadar cupcakes . . . my favorite!! :hungry:

I also love TOT--one of my absolutely favorite attractions. At least you like RNR coaster! ;)

Figment Forever

Original Poster
yippee!! I made your report! :) and b.t.w., you ARE famous!!

this fall I am directing a local production of THE HUNCHBACKOF NOTRE DAME and I'll be in rehearsals in September, so we are heading down on November 13th (the day after the show closes). It was a good reason to not have to brave the September heat this year. I wonder if somebody will be able to find me a mickey shaped birthday ice cream bar in Milwaukee?!

We've got tickets to Mickey's Very Merry and lots of delicious Dining Reservations... so missing my bday won't be a big deal. Here's hoping it's not still in the humid 90's when we arrive!

I was hoping we would have a photo opportunity this year! :( But that's cool with your production - Good Luck!! Have an awesome time in November - and enjoy MVM party! I'll keep my eye out for a TR. When is you birthday? If we are there, we will have to have a Mickey bar for you!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
The photos of Hope and her "friends" are so cute!

Love the Darth Vadar cupcakes . . . my favorite!! :hungry:

I also love TOT--one of my absolutely favorite attractions. At least you like RNR coaster! ;)

Yes - I tried the BB8 cupcake, but Darth won hands down in my opinion. I wish I could like ToT, but I just can't take the freefall. Hope says she wants to try ToT - we'll see how that goes! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom