Regarding MDE login on the 60-day mark

worldofsounds

Original Poster
I am just one week away now from the 60-day mark of being able to make FP's. (Visiting September 11-18th) I seem to remember hearing a few months ago while on the phone with a CM something about not logging into MDE until just AFTER 7am EST. In fact, I think she mentioned that it was important to be logged out of MDE until right after the 7am mark, otherwise the computer will not let you make FP reservations. Can anyone confirm this to be true or false? This is my first experience with FP+ and I want to try and be as efficient as possible.

MacRtst

I just did this yesterday. I wasn't logged out (but I can understand why that might be an Issue). It worked fine. But YES, it did change over at 7AM I can attest to that I checked at 6:30 to see and it was NOT available. We have APs but have a Room Reservation. I was concerned B/C it was only showing t thru Aug 3rd. Then checked again... it switched right at 7 AM

worldofsounds

Original Poster
If you are trying on the MDE App, then you will want to log in after 7:00 AM EST as the info will not automatically update. On the MDE website, just refresh your page and you should see the options immediately. I typically do all of my preplanning on the website and only use the app for when I am in the parks.

Oh I see! So it's a distinction of the app, not the website. Thank you so much for clarifying this for me.

DisneyGigi

I logged on at 6:58 and refreshed at 7:00 and the lock went away as soon as it turned 7:00 and I could make them. I did have an issue with my son not showing up to make fastpasses but it was not related to the time I do not believe.

Tony the Tigger

I have heard from a few sources recently to log out and back in just before 7 AM, just to avoid the chance that your session will have timed out and you'll have to waste an extra few seconds signing back in at seven.

My 60 day mark is tomorrow morning – alarm set for 6:45 AM LOL

DisneyGigi

I have heard from a few sources recently to log out and back in just before 7 AM, just to avoid the chance that your session will have timed out and you'll have to waste an extra few seconds signing back in at seven.

Make sure that you check that everybody's ticket is showing up on your end now. I had selected magicband for my son and he was on hotel ressies and dining, for some crazy reason, he was good to go on their end but not mine. Took 2 calls and was 7:55 before he showed up. Some things were not available on the days I wanted by then. We got everything but not exactly like I had planned, so just double check all that now. Good luck!! :)

Tony the Tigger

Make sure that you check that everybody's ticket is showing up on your end now. I had selected magicband for my son and he was on hotel ressies and dining, for some crazy reason, he was good to go on their end but not mine. Took 2 calls and was 7:55 before he showed up. Some things were not available on the days I wanted by then. We got everything but not exactly like I had planned, so just double check all that now. Good luck!! :)

I am going through it all now, thanks, and was surprised to see all the extra pages of questions. I would be pulling my hair out if this happened at 7AM lol. Customizing magic bands now to get that out of the way also.

worldofsounds

Original Poster

That's a good idea Tony... I think that's how I'm going to play it. Good luck tomorrow getting your FP's!

ElleJay1119

This may be a silly concern, but I have an onsite room/tickets package booked. My 60 day window opens Wednesday. I tried to look on the MDE app today to familiarize myself with making FP selections, but it was asking me to link tickets. I thought I read it would happen automatically when my window opens, but reading this makes me nervous that I need to be linking tickets beforehand? My party is all showing as having tickets in the reservation section. Thanks.

Tony the Tigger

This may be a silly concern, but I have an onsite room/tickets package booked. My 60 day window opens Wednesday. I tried to look on the MDE app today to familiarize myself with making FP selections, but it was asking me to link tickets. I thought I read it would happen automatically when my window opens, but reading this makes me nervous that I need to be linking tickets beforehand? My party is all showing as having tickets in the reservation section. Thanks.

That's what I sorted through last night. But my tix were already linked.

Tony the Tigger

OK, here's how it went: (This is also mentioned in my "two broke guys" pre-TR, but I'll go into more detail here.)

I logged in just to log in, about 5 minutes early. Now, there are different links that basically all get you to the same FP+ page. But here's the thing:

I started at 6:59. It kept telling me (as expected) that there was a problem (because it wasn't 7AM yet.)

So I just kept clicking "start over" and selecting both people in my party and trying again. When the clock ticked to 7AM, I thought I would stop getting the problem message. I didn't. It was 7:01 before I started to panic and clicked out of that loop and then got back into it. (I didn't sign out and back in.) I have no idea if that was what made it work, or if Disney's clock is different than mine. Just mentioning all this in case it helps someone else to not panic. On my last try, instead of clicking "start over," I clicked back to the MDE home page and followed links again to get to the FP page. And that worked. Could be a coincidence.

Anyway, after all that - I had 3 main goals: 2 different pandora (days 1 and 2) and frozen (day 3.) (It's a 4 night stay.) (And I felt like everyone else was a whole minute ahead of me LOL.)

No problem getting Na'vi River ride. Those were available well into the morning. I booked that for day 1. Check! Nothing was available for FoP that day.

Day 2: No FoP available. Day 3: No FoP available. Day 4: FoP available kind of late in the day (4:30PM.) I'll take it, but it could conflict with something else. (Thank goodness, that was our last park day!)

Day 3, Frozen, no problem (that's a switch!) That's my Epcot Food & Wine evening. Perfect.

So I got everything, but FOP at 4:30 in the afternoon on the last day was a bit of a wrench thrown into the works. We are staying at AKL days 1 and 2, GF days 3 & 4. V&A dinner on day 4 at 6:30PM. So...we'd have to get over to AK at some point for FOP (I'm told by a reliable source it's a 30 minute commitment even with FP @Tuvalu :happy:) and rush back to GF for V&A for our 10 year wedding anniversary dinner. One of the main reasons for booking GF was to leisurely stroll to dinner at V&A in our suits in air conditioning. But if it's the only way to see FOP...

Well, it wasn't.

Randomly, this afternoon, I checked for Wednesday for FoP. Nothing. Tried again. Nothing in morning/afternoon/evening. Tried going by time - 9PM, nothing. 8PM, suddenly there was a FP for FoP at 2:30PM. :joyfull: Grabbed it!!:D Woo hoo! I kept double checking myself - am I on the right day? Is it really Na'vi again?

Nope. It had nothing to do with being on line right at 7AM. It was several hours later. Totally random.

Also, anyone waiting for the Disney email to remind you to make your 60 day fast passes, that didn't show up until around 9AM, two hours after that window opened up.

But now everything is perfect. Days one and two, stay at AKL, do Na'vi and FoP. Day 3, Frozen plus F&W. HS will be squeezed in there somewhere either day 2 or 3. MK day 4 - and now I can make some FP for MK, and go back and fill in some incidental ones on the other days at other parks.

Make it happen, my friends!!

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

Did you get everything worked out? I tried to link my package but it said it was already linked to an account. Ugh.

My profile has a 'Link Tickets' button as well although my tickets are listed just above. I'm not 100% certain but I think it's just there in case you have other tickets to link that aren't listed.

What @worldofsounds said. We have AP's, so I knew we had used these tickets before and they were active. I'm always paranoid that something is wrong in the computer, maybe a magic band isn't linked, etc. If you are really concerned, I would just make a quick call and have a cast member look over your account for reassurance.

But the point is, even if your tickets are active, there's always that link there to add more tickets. (You could be adding more tickets for another trip, another traveler, etc.)

DisneyGigi

They had no idea why my son didn't show up for making fastpasses. He was on everything. When it clicked to 7:00 am everyone else showed up to make selections but him. He was all good on their end but would not show up for me. I didn't check anything before because when I pulled up ressies and tickets he was there. I tried it on both ap and website. A lot of things I had to switch because of it.
I could later in the day modify to get a bit earlier times after making the intial fastpasses. So modify, modify, modify! I wish I could offer a better answer about the tickets but like I said whatever happened, apparently happened at that 7:00 switch. Good luck!

ElleJay1119

My profile has a 'Link Tickets' button as well although my tickets are listed just above. I'm not 100% certain but I think it's just there in case you have other tickets to link that aren't listed.
After obsessive googling and freaking out, it appears if you book a package with disney your tickets aren't "active" until your 60 day window opens. So I feel pretty confident. But when my ADR window opened, the app wouldn't let me make a reservation because it said my credit card hadn't been linked (which I had done already!) so I missed a BOG dinner reservation. Don't want that to happen with FP. I'm just nervous because I'm also reserving for my parents and my dad really wants FOP. Fingers crossed! Good luck and thanks for the help!

Rob562

After obsessive googling and freaking out, it appears if you book a package with disney your tickets aren't "active" until your 60 day window opens. So I feel pretty confident. But when my ADR window opened, the app wouldn't let me make a reservation because it said my credit card hadn't been linked (which I had done already!) so I missed a BOG dinner reservation. Don't want that to happen with FP. I'm just nervous because I'm also reserving for my parents and my dad really wants FOP. Fingers crossed! Good luck and thanks for the help!

I was about to reply with that info. On your 60-day mark with a package reservation it'll open up to you. If you'd bought your tickets separately and tried to go in today, it would show you the next 30 days as bookable, then at 60 days you'd get the next 30 *and* your trip dates listed as available to book.

The reason it asks you to link tickets when you have a package reservation is because you don't have a ticket that can be used within the next 30 days, and it assumes if you're going in now that maybe you want to head to WDW this weekend...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom