MLB 2017 Season Discussion

Lucky

After allowing 7 stolen bases in 4 innings last night Cubs' catcher Miguel Montero blamed his pitcher Jake Arrieta. He's partly right, but you don't usually do that to a teammate especially a former Cy Young winner.

And Montero hasn't thrown out a single base stealer all year. The Cubs' other catcher has thrown out 16.

NYwdwfan

After allowing 7 stolen bases in 4 innings last night Cubs' catcher Miguel Montero blamed his pitcher Jake Arrieta. He's partly right, but you don't usually do that to a teammate especially a former Cy Young winner.

And Montero hasn't thrown out a single base stealer all year. The Cubs' other catcher has thrown out 16.
Whatever happened to, "it's not you, it's me".

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
He needs to go to the Phillies then Marlins to complete the cycle of pitching for every team in the NL East (yeah I know he wasnt on the Nationals but he was an Expo back in the early 2000s).

NYwdwfan

He needs to go to the Phillies then Marlins to complete the cycle of pitching for every team in the NL East (yeah I know he wasnt on the Nationals but he was an Expo back in the early 2000s).
He's the last active player who played for the Expos. Or was.

DAR1974

Brewers beat the Cubs 11-2 in a make up from the "rain out" earlier this year. At some point I have to start believing this thing is real for the Crew

Lucky

The Nationals deserve all the bad press they'll get for last night's "rain" delay.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...t-players-confused/1qnftl0ux9vfg1xl0z45dgcjy4

Even if the forecast had been correct, they probably could have gotten in 5 innings before the rain came. When they eventually played the two starting pitchers pitched only 6 innings anyway. So all of that just so Gio could pitch one more inning in a loss?

Lucky

Watching tonight's game. They interviewed a couple in the stands who had some pretty creative signs they were holding up, saying things along the lines of: "Rain Delay? #FakeNews" and handing out complimentary ponchos.

The lady told the reporter that stadium security had confiscated some of their earlier signs & ponchos they had, because they assumed the couple was advertising jobs in meteorology. :hilarious: :rolleyes:

Needless to say, the Braves' announcers had a little fun taking swipes at Nats' stadium officials after that info was leaked out.
It's raining about 60 miles away. I think they should stop the game.

IMG_4693.PNG

Lucky

Some lopsided games in the 9th right now. Pirates beating Cubs 14-2 and Astros beating Blue Jays 19-0. And yesterday was Braves 13-0 over Nats.

Lucky

So approx 6+ more innings to go in Cleveland before the first half of 2017 can officially wrap up.

Who wins the derby tomorrow?
Stanton vs. Judge would be the obvious pick for final round, but I'm not too sure about Aaron making it deep into the competition...being his first rodeo & all. Though he hasn't ceased to surprise me yet this season, so who knows. I'll pick a dark horse like perhaps Bour to win the whole thing.
I heard Stanton is the betting favorite and Judge 2nd. I think I'd bet on Judge before Stanton. But I'll pick a dark horse too and go with Mouse-takas, since this is a Disney site.

Lucky

Best records at the break are Dodgers (61-29) and Astros (60-29). Most surprising in a good way are Brewers (50-41) and D-backs (53-36). Most disappointing are Giants (34-56), Cubs (43-45), and Mets (39-47), although the Mets with all of their injuries have a good excuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom