Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights 2017 Renewal

Sped2424

I think it will happen but not so soon.maybe around before or after 2020.
Hey personal question but do you live in japan or just visit often! I have always wanted to go to TDL and tokyo and it sounds like you see it often which if so I am officially jealous!

brb1006

You seem nice but you speculate to much on parades my fellow poster lol
Guess he moved to speculating about parades after Rivers Of Light finally premiered. I'm starting to think he wants PTN to be at WDW if it returns to Disneyland (Which it will). However I will wait until after MSEP ends it's run at DL next month for them to give more info on the return of PTN.

This is why I trust @marni1971 when it comes to rumors and stuff going on at WDW and DL even before it's confirmation.

Last edited:

brb1006

Hey personal question but do you live in japan or just visit often! I have always wanted to go to TDL and tokyo and it sounds like you see it often which if so I am officially jealous!
I think Tokyo might release concept art of the newer floats on it's website. I remember Tokyo Disneyland had a separate page for Dreamlights on it's website but I'm not sure if it's still up.

SweetDuffy101

I live in Japan, Half an hour transit to Disney resort and i go there few times in a year, and I get some of the info on whats coming to the resort on Japan Disney Blogsites , people on twitter, Instagram and so on around the area as well. and sometimes leaks of upcoming shows and attractions.

brb1006

I think it will happen but not so soon.maybe around before or after 2020.
So far WDW and TDL are the only Disney Theme Parks left that still uses the soon to be old Mickey and Minnie heads. I'm just speculating that Tokyo might be the next to get the heads at this point knowing how long WDW has been using the old heads despite the newer ones being used for the castle shows since 2016 and promotional videos and pictures.

Sped2424

I live in Japan, Half an hour transit to Disney resort and i go there few times in a year, and I get some of the info on whats coming to the resort on Japan Disney Blogsites , people on twitter, Instagram and so on around the area as well. and sometimes leaks of upcoming shows and attractions.
Wowww that's awesome! And lucky you because I hear the entertainment options at the Tokyo resort really are something to behold!

brb1006

Now thats shady LOL.
Which could possibly be why the Main Street Electrical Parade thread keeps getting revived until WDW makes a future announcement on what the next electrical parade is. So now that WDW no longer has it's own electrical parade (Let alone one that is exclusive any never gained it's own copy for other parks unlike MSEP and PTN) most of us are feeling very envious on Dreamlights still being kept in perfect and good shape for over 15 years by OLC. In fact, Dreamlights even has a Christmas Edition which the WDW MSEP and Paris versions used to have in the late 1990's. So it's impressing how often Tokyo updates their electrical parade.

brb1006

Wowww that's awesome! And lucky you because I hear the entertainment options at the Tokyo resort really are something to behold!
Don't get me started with how many seasonal parades and shows they have. Tokyo is the only Disney Theme Park that I known that fully celebrates Easter with it's own dedicated parade and gets newer Christmas and Halloween parades every couple of years and not recycling most of the older ones. While WDW still has the same old Boo To You and Very Merry Christmas Parades.

I still love how the parade even includes other Disney Characters in Dreamlights during the final that included Clarice,Marie, and Scrooge Mcduck.

Sped2424

Don't get me started with how many seasonal parades and shows they have. Tokyo is the only Disney Theme Park that I known that fully celebrates Easter with it's own dedicated parade and gets newer Christmas and Halloween parades every couple of years and not recycling most of the older ones. While WDW still has the same old Boo To You and Very Merry Christmas Parades.

I still love how the parade even includes other Disney Characters in Dreamlights during the final that included Clarice,Marie, and Scrooge Mcduck.
Don't even get me started on the merch for tokyo and how great it is :") I still don't get the complaint that it's generic. I have seen the best shirts, accessories, hats, and plush that are disney themed on instagram and they all have one thing in common tokyo disneyland.

brb1006

Don't even get me started on the merch for tokyo and how great it is :") I still don't get the complaint that it's generic. I have seen the best shirts, accessories, hats, and plush that are disney themed on instagram and they all have one thing in common tokyo disneyland.
Don't forget the amount of meetable characters at Tokyo that can't be seen any else at any other Disney Park. While some later became meetable at the other parks there are some that can only be found at Tokyo Disneyland and Sea such as Maleficent's Hencehmen/Goons, and Chef Louis (Who later stopped showing up a few years ago but I remember seeing photos and videos of him at Sea from it's former Boat show).

SweetDuffy101

I totally forgot While dreamlights is on hiatus, The rainy day electrical parade Nightfall Glow will be in its replacement in the meantime.

Disney Christmas and Easter just got the sponsorship from JAL. and new shows are coming as well as Once Upon A time Glows away forever, Disneys gift of Christmas Mapping show will be debuting this november and Frozen forever (debuted on January 2017) will be in its replacement, a new show will debut in summer 2018.

Ag11gani

Although I have never seen it in person, Tokyo's current Halloween parade looks awful, I'd much rather have Boo To You than theirs.
Paris did briefly celebrate easter with a few offers, but their 25th stopped them from doing such. They did a castle show, show in the hub and a greeting type parade. Hong Kong did do a very small Springtime event will a small greating parade once again.

SweetDuffy101

Although I have never seen it in person, Tokyo's current Halloween parade looks awful, I'd much rather have Boo To You than theirs.
Paris did briefly celebrate easter with a few offers, but their 25th stopped them from doing such. They did a castle show, show in the hub and a greeting type parade. Hong Kong did do a very small Springtime event will a small greating parade once again.
thats Because TDL is testing new ways for guests to enjoy their experience and this show is very unique on its own, Its Main Theme Music Festival, Each float has its own music genre equipped with Smoking Bubbles and 9 show stops with a 45 minutes soundtrack. If youd seen the past halloween parades i Dont tihink you will be that disappointed at all. and youre just looking at Disneyland, You havent seen disney seas Mysterious Masquerade,Halloween Daydream and Highly reccomended Villians World and the List just goes on and on. and oh yeah This year marks the 20th anniversary of Halloween at TDR with no additional fee required, and you can wear a costume everyday at both parks during halloween season.

Ag11gani

thats Because TDL is testing new ways for guests to enjoy their experience and this show is very unique on its own, Its Main Theme Music Festival, Each float has its own music genre equipped with Smoking Bubbles and 9 show stops with a 45 minutes soundtrack. If youd seen the past halloween parades i Dont tihink you will be that disappointed at all. and youre just looking at Disneyland, You havent seen disney seas Mysterious Masquerade,Halloween Daydream and Highly reccomended Villians World and the List just goes on and on. and oh yeah This year marks the 20th anniversary of Halloween at TDR with no additional fee required, and you can wear a costume everyday at both parks during halloween season.

I have seen their previous parades, but I was pointing out that their current one is not very good, IMO. Also I personally think that show stops are stupid, I want to see a parade, a parade that moves constantly. Shows stops just makes the parade longer without having more floats.
Mysterious Masquerade looked amazing, I wish we had a show like that in WDW. Villians World, I like the concept, the costumes, the music and the barges but why is Mickey and Co there? Why? It really make no sense in my mind , that the people who usually defeat the Villans are just hanging out with them.

A show I enjoyed when I was at TDS was Fashinable Easter, the 2015 version. The fact that they just swapped parts of the costumes was so cool. Although the newer version doesn't look as good as the previous, as no costume swap.

TTA94

Guess he moved to speculating about parades after Rivers Of Light finally premiered. I'm starting to think he wants PTN to be at WDW if it returns to Disneyland (Which it will). However I will wait until after MSEP ends it's run at DL next month for them to give more info on the return of PTN.

This is why I trust @marni1971 when it comes to rumors and stuff going on at WDW and DL even before it's confirmation.

Actually I really don't care where PTN goes. Curious yes as are we all. FYI I am not "Brian"! Lol. And my interests are in all entertainment not just parades. My apologies for "speculating" to much.

As for my comments about Dreamlights I simply was saying it's a shame the other parks can't reuse such amazing floats.

Last edited:

brb1006

Awful? I remember seeing footage of their previous Halloween parades years ago and it looked great.

Ag11gani

Awful? I remember seeing footage of their previous Halloween parades years ago and it looked great.

This parade which ran before the current one is quite good. I would call it a fall parade not halloween but it still look great.

However, IMO their current one isn't the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom