Pre-Trip I"M GOING TO DISNEY and I'M STAYING IN A DELUXE!

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
IMG_0571.JPG

Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!

fractal

@MerMom1981 and @Courtney6682 I said I'd let you know about our trip to Tennessee. It was a wonderful time with a lot less wifi, more game time and spending time together. We did some ziplining, white water rafting and hiking.
Here are just a few pictures of our vacation
View attachment 212501
Our Weekly rental.
View attachment 212523
C didn't enjoy the hiking as much as the rest of us.
View attachment 212524

It rained in the middle of our hike. We attempted to huddle under a rock ledge to stay dry. I thought of @TheMouseFan at this moment.
View attachment 212525 View attachment 212526 View attachment 212527 View attachment 212528 View attachment 212530 View attachment 212531 View attachment 212532

Nice shots!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
If the look on C's face means I do not like hiking then I am positive that my DD do not like to hike too

I get that look ALL THE TIME!!!!

Max
The first mile was enjoyable but after that she realized we had a total of 4.5 miles to hike then the rain came.:hilarious:

Love the Tennessee pics! We'll be heading down there (Norris Lake) at the end of next week! It's always so beautiful down there this time of year, even when it does rain!!
Thanks. Have a great time, I hope it stays dry for you.

Big Hair

Always liked Tennessee. Tried to schedule stops there on drives to WDW but only stayed a quick night for sleep. Someday if I can pry myself away from the magic. Your trip pics were pretty cool.

PeppermintPatty

So I wasn't planning on doing a pre trip report so soon but since I have the day off thanks to the past presidents I figured I'd get it started rather then get on the tread mill. Plus Tuvalu looks like she might be taking a few weeks off and I'll have nothing else to look forward too. :)

I'm so excited for this trip! We will be staying in our very first Deluxe! This could be bad for us, I may get spoiled!! This is also our first time renting points. Everything went smooth and hopefully nothing happens between now and our trip.

A few of the details:

WHO: Just J and I will be taking this trip
View attachment 190842
Unfortunately this photo is a year old. It's the only one I have on hand at the moment that doesn't have one of us making a face.

WHEN: September 14-18. It'll be an awesome 4 nights over our anniversary weekend!!

WHERE: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village!! Whoop Whoop!
I have to laugh at your screen name. My license plate is ZPTYDUDA. LOL!!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Looks like a wonderful trip! Love the pictures, especially the sunset!
Putting Gathering on the list!
Gatlinburg is definitely touristy but once your just a mile out of town it's wonderful.
Always liked Tennessee. Tried to schedule stops there on drives to WDW but only stayed a quick night for sleep. Someday if I can pry myself away from the magic. Your trip pics were pretty cool.
No need to pry yourself away from the magic, just start your vacation a day early, pack a picnic and spend a day driving through the National Park! :D

I have to laugh at your screen name. My license plate is ZPTYDUDA. LOL!!!
That . Is . Awesome. :hilarious: It doesn't matter how you spell it, it always makes me happy just saying which then makes me sing it. :p

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
@fractal or @sheriffwoody . We will be flying Delta and I'll have a carry-on and my personal bag which will have my camera bag in it. Could either of you tell if you've had any problems taking your camera bag through security? I've always just had a P&S and not sure what to expect with my lens and camera. Thanks!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
@fractal or @sheriffwoody . We will be flying Delta and I'll have a carry-on and my personal bag which will have my camera bag in it. Could either of you tell if you've had any problems taking your camera bag through security? I've always just had a P&S and not sure what to expect with my lens and camera. Thanks!
Em takes her camera in her carry-on thru security all the time without any issues.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Em takes her camera in her carry-on thru security all the time without any issues.
Thank you Tuvalu. Now I have a question for you. Since we will only be going to AK on our trip there are still things I want to see. Like the inside of Epcot! I have never ridden the monorail that goes through the park. Where do I embark this monorail?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thank you Tuvalu. Now I have a question for you. Since we will only be going to AK on our trip there are still things I want to see. Like the inside of Epcot! I have never ridden the monorail that goes through the park. Where do I embark this monorail?
At the TTC. You can either Uber there directly from AKL or take the bus to MK and then either ferry or monorail to the TTC to get to the Epcot monorail.

FYI the ride from TTC to Epcot is supposed to be "one way" but if you go during non-peak hours (avoid morning and night) you can just stay on and return to the TTC.

sheriffwoody

Never had an issue :) You'll be fine! When I've taken my pro gear, it has it's own bag that I send through separately. But my travel camera, I just cushion in my regular carryon.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
At the TTC. You can either Uber there directly from AKL or take the bus to MK and then either ferry or monorail to the TTC to get to the Epcot monorail.

FYI the ride from TTC to Epcot is supposed to be "one way" but if you go during non-peak hours (avoid morning and night) you can just stay on and return to the TTC.
Our day of departure we will be eating at Kona Cafe for breakfast. I was thinking (with your info) that i could get on the monorail from there. Can i hop on the Epcot monorail at MK or do I need to ride all the way around to TTC? I don't ride the monorail very often so thanks for your incite.

Never had an issue :) You'll be fine! When I've taken my pro gear, it has it's own bag that I send through separately. But my travel camera, I just cushion in my regular carryon.
Thanks for the reassurance!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Our day of departure we will be eating at Kona Cafe for breakfast. I was thinking (with your info) that i could get on the monorail from there. Can i hop on the Epcot monorail at MK or do I need to ride all the way around to TTC? I don't ride the monorail very often so thanks for your incite.
You can either board the monorail at the Poly and ride all the way to the TTC (where you will need to change monorails) or walk to the TTC from the Poly (short walk) and board the Epcot monorail directly.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
59 DAYS!! It seems like its so far away and yet coming so fast at the same time.

I woke up bright and early to make my FP+ for our one park day at AK. I was a little worried about getting FOP FP+ but I had hopes after @Tuvalu let me know that I had better chances than I thought. Of course she was correct!!

10:15-11:15 Kilimanjaro
12:10-1:10 EE
1:45-2:45 FOP

In my mind this is perfect for us because we'll arrive at rope drop, not run with the masses but enjoy the Oasis before heading to Pandora to just look around and possibly ride Navi River if there isn't a long wait by the time we arrive. Then we'll just make our way around until our FP at EE. By the time our FP for FOP is about to expire is when I want to get in line so that by the time we get done riding it will be time for our early dinner at Tiffins. I saw that ROL is at 7:35 so when it is over we won't have to rush out but possibly go see Pandora at night or get one last ride on EE. Eek!
As for the other days I have been reading other reports and definitely want to fit in Blaze because @Blauger and @lostpro9het made it sound delish! @brifraz got me excited to try Trader Sams at the Poly and @PrincessL recommendation for Art Smiths made it another no brainer decision. So those places are on the list. We won't be eating at all but at least stopping in for a drink and to check out the atmosphere.

Another maybe to the list is...

I want to go on the Wild Africian Trek it's $378. ouch

J wants to go to Sense's at GF for a couples massage it's $275.

We will only do one once we decide who the winner is. I just don't know if I want to spent the money on one of these two "extra's" Any thoughts?

Now we just wait for Magic Bands!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom