Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

2351metalcloud

The way I see it, if they are rebranding the park, they could just create 2 separate gates. Changing FW into a superhero/marvel based thrill ride park. Separate pavilions for space, land, sea, energy, history, body, transportation but with a superhero theme. Then add a princess into each WS pavilion with it's own small dark ride. Blamo 5 gates with separate admissions!!

;)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=durhrrdePXg

see 1:58

WDWTank

Bob Chapek.
See, why does management force the Imagineers to use their ideas? I thought the Imagineers are like contractors where they submit proposals to management and it's up to them to get it green-lighted?

WDWTank

Also most of the executives have no creative experience nor creative background. Hence they shouldn't have a say in the imagineering process.

HMF

See, why does management force the Imagineers to use their ideas? I thought the Imagineers are like contractors where they submit proposals to management and it's up to them to get it green-lighted?
Not really, These days management tells WDI they want an atrtraction based on a certain IP and WDI trys to somehow make these fit often with very strange results. Gone are the days when WED ran the show.

HMF

Also, some of them have no/not much experience with Disney! Everything I posted will be changed under my CEO tenure :)
I admire your determination as it reminds me of a younger version of myself. However now being older and experienced I feel that i have to say "Prepare to be disappointned".

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not really, These days management tells WDI they want an atrtraction based on a certain IP and WDI trys to somehow make these fit often with very strange results. Gone are the days when WED ran the show.
A lot of the time there's a "pitch" to be made too. Sometimes with competing ideas.

The best justification to the desired results often wins.

bclane

There are rumors of three major name changes, to be totally honest.

First is DHS - with revamp there was an expected name change - Hollywood adventure was one for example
EPCOT - has been hinted by many that there will be some edit to the name - and maybe FW may get renamed as well?
TL - rumor has it possibly going to Discovery land or some such.

So I guess Four may be more accurate?
Someone probably already suggested this, but how about they just change the Epcot name to IPCOT Center (IPCOT stands for intellectual property collection of today) and they solve all their theming fit issues for good.

WDWTank

Someone probably already suggested this, but how about they just change the Epcot name to IPCOT Center (IPCOT stands for intellectual property collection of today) and they solve all their theming fit issues for good.
It's literally a permanent company's fair....

Karakasa

The only way I'd be okay with this is if they somehow keep the dinosaur AAs and somehow keep a semblance of and educational theme. Maybe they travel through the cosmos, end up going through a portal into the Savage Lands and teach the audience about... I dunno. Climate change? Living fossils? Antarctica?

Oh. And Mantis needs to be involved. Love her...

None of this is likely to happen however. Oh well.

FigmentJedi

The only way I'd be okay with this is if they somehow keep the dinosaur AAs and somehow keep a semblance of and educational theme. Maybe they travel through the cosmos, end up going through a portal into the Savage Lands and teach the audience about... I dunno. Climate change? Living fossils? Antarctica?

Oh. And Mantis needs to be involved. Love her...

None of this is likely to happen however. Oh well.
Aren't the Savage Lands considered an X-Men location and thus out of Disney's reach?

Karakasa

Aren't the Savage Lands considered an X-Men location and thus out of Disney's reach?
Is it? I'll admit Marvel universe stuff that hasn't popped up in a MCU movie isn't my wheelhouse. If it is, then uhhh... Oh dear. There goes my idea.

doctornick

If you are talking about use in the parks, I'm not sure being an "X-Men location" would matter. IIRC the contract with Uni talks more about characters, not settings and the "family" rule probably wouldn't apply to prohibiting use of the Savage Land.

That said, it's possible that the Savage Land would not be available to use by Disney in the MCU due to the X-Men license with Fox. However, I could have sworn that there were rumors of a Ka-Zar movie being considered by Marvel Studios at some point and surely the Savage Land movie rights are tied to that character specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom