Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

Mmkn0806

It depends how many times you're going really. We're usually in Orlando for a 3 week period for HHN. We get a Frequent Fear Pass which gives you a long list of dates over the 6 weeks HHN operates that you can visit on. It usually covers the 1st Friday and Saturday HHN is open followed by any Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday for the remainder of the event. We usually go 4 times and have always done all the houses by our fourth visit without upgrading to Express.

We do however always get there for about 4:30pm and queue till about 6:15pm when they usually let you in. As such we're always one of the first in when they open with only the 'Stay and Scream' people already in the park. Many houses are virtually no wait when we enter and it's not uncommon for us to have done 2 to 3 houses in the first hour. The really popular houses may have a wait of 45 mins already when you enter with the 'Stay and Scream' people already queuing and the Express people going straight on it. Last year for instance we queued for almost an hour for 'American Horror Story' at 6:15pm, but it was doable.

If you're doing just 1 night then Express is the sensible choice if you don't mind the price.
Oh OK thank you very much thinking of going down for four or five nights but not sure if we need to buy the park tickets for during the day and then separate park tickets for the Halloween at night

mergatroid

Original Poster
Oh OK thank you very much thinking of going down for four or five nights but not sure if we need to buy the park tickets for during the day and then separate park tickets for the Halloween at night

Yes you will, HHN is a separately ticketed event. You can upgrade a day ticket to Universal to include HHN and get a discounted price for the HHN part if you wish.

If you do this they usually kick out anyone without a HHN ticket or upgrade out of the park around 4:30pm. Those with HHN tickets are asked to gather in part of Universal where they check you have a valid HHN ticket. Shortly after 5pm those people are let loose and there's usually 2 houses open for those people to visit for nearly an hour before the guests just paying for HHN only are allowed in and the rest of the houses are then opened.

The_Jobu

I've still never gone to a HHN, but I always look forward to the bootleg videos, especially of the Bill and Ted show.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Rumoured houses for this year

Manics hasn't been on the subreddit to say this yet so I'll save him some work. Quite a few new things.

Number one: Both parks have lost The Conjuring. Lawsuits and such. I'll get into the replacements further down.

Number Two: Manics has said the Icon of the event for Orlando with be a Fortune Teller themed Cindy Caine.

The Lineups at this point:

Orlando: AHS 2.0, The Shining, Evil Dead, Saw Legacy, Insidious (Now apparently is in Orlando as well), Blumhouse Of Horrors (Replacing Conjuring), Dark Fortunes (Icon Maze), Catacombs v Gothic, Original Scarecrow Maze

Hollywood: AHS Roanoke, The Shining, Evil Dead, Saw Legacy, Insidious, Blumhouse Mashup, The Thing (Replacing The Conjuring)

If Manics wants to correct anything he can. If you have any problems or doubts, you can ask him. I'm just passing it along. Don't run to me if something's off.

Also, Orlando's already using "soon" as a response and Hollywood is saying Mid June for next announcement.

Link to site with the info

JT3000

Rumoured houses for this year

Manics hasn't been on the subreddit to say this yet so I'll save him some work. Quite a few new things.

Number one: Both parks have lost The Conjuring. Lawsuits and such. I'll get into the replacements further down.

Number Two: Manics has said the Icon of the event for Orlando with be a Fortune Teller themed Cindy Caine.

The Lineups at this point:

Orlando: AHS 2.0, The Shining, Evil Dead, Saw Legacy, Insidious (Now apparently is in Orlando as well), Blumhouse Of Horrors (Replacing Conjuring), Dark Fortunes (Icon Maze), Catacombs v Gothic, Original Scarecrow Maze

Hollywood: AHS Roanoke, The Shining, Evil Dead, Saw Legacy, Insidious, Blumhouse Mashup, The Thing (Replacing The Conjuring)

If Manics wants to correct anything he can. If you have any problems or doubts, you can ask him. I'm just passing it along. Don't run to me if something's off.

Also, Orlando's already using "soon" as a response and Hollywood is saying Mid June for next announcement.

Link to site with the info

Doesn't look much like the list I saw a while back, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Not very interested in most of the IP houses, and there's too many of them, as usual. Hopefully the originals deliver and the icon house isn't the worst of the event like last year.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Doesn't look much like the list I saw a while back, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Not very interested in most of the IP houses, and there's too many of them, as usual. Hopefully the originals deliver and the icon house isn't the worst of the event like last year.

I'll be honest, it's the first list I found and I can't vouch as to how accurate it will be. It will be interesting to see if it's right and I'd love to see the one you saw if you get the time.

JT3000

I'll be honest, it's the first list I found and I can't vouch as to how accurate it will be. It will be interesting to see if it's right and I'd love to see the one you saw if you get the time.

I just looked at it and I think only two of the houses are different. A third just seems to be described differently. Their plans always change to some degree, so this might be accurate.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Just a quick question about the horror nights.
Neither myself nor the better half like this sort of event. If we were to visit IOA next door will we see any of the scare actors here or in citywalk on party nights or is it all confined to the studios section ?

JT3000

Neither myself nor the better half like this sort of event. If we were to visit IOA next door will we see any of the scare actors here or in citywalk on party nights or is it all confined to the studios section ?

HHN is only in the Studios (unless it returns to IOA, which is unlikely), and it's a separately ticketed event, so you wouldn't be there when the actors come out anyway.

JoeCamel

Even if you only went to the studios during the day you would only notice "fall/halloween? decorations. Nothing scare related during the day. They reconfigure the park from 4:30 to 6:15 or so and then the real fun begins.

The_Jobu

Are all the scare houses designed so the actors jump out and shock you ?

I've only seen video walkthroughs but they all seem to have at least one point where an actor jump scares you. They can't touch you though and it's all in good fun.

Spectro

Cheers - but last experience was a scare actor in house jumped out every 30 seconds or so maybe my fault for being blonde with beautiful daughter aka target . Through streets stilts walker buzz saw actor is ok we can cope but apologise for chickenism in houses

mergatroid

Original Poster
Are all the scare houses designed so the actors jump out and shock you ?

There's many actors in each house. Some are in plain sight as you enter the room and may for instance just stand there torturing another actor or stand behind a table looking menacing. Others do hide behind objects or hidden doorways etc and run out towards you. A lot's about timing as you tour the house as to which 'scares' you actually see. Sometimes you turn a corner to enter a room and see an actor step back into his or her hiding place, as you go through that room it's often unlikely you'll see that actor jump out as they do it every 20 seconds or so and you'll pass through before their next 'act'.

A very clever scare was played on us the other year. As we went to enter the house we were stopped by a cast member at the entrance as they legitimately can only have so many guests inside the house at any time for evacuation purposes in case of a fire etc (they count people in and out and let you enter accordingly). After a brief wait we and others behind us were let in. As I entered a young lady said to my wife and I "Hey guys I've lost my boyfriend as he went ahead too quickly, can I walk through with you?". We said "Of course" (well I did, my wife just gave me 'the look') and we started to tour the house. About 15 seconds later the girl said "There he is, thanks" and ran ahead down the corridor. As she did an actor jumped out and started 'stabbing' her whilst removing part of her shirt to reveal fake blood. Of course they were both actors but it was a very clever gimmick, even more so when you think only a handful of guests would see it.

The_Jobu

A very clever scare was played on us the other year. As we went to enter the house we were stopped by a cast member at the entrance as they legitimately can only have so many guests inside the house at any time for evacuation purposes in case of a fire etc (they count people in and out and let you enter accordingly). After a brief wait we and others behind us were let in. As I entered a young lady said to my wife and I "Hey guys I've lost my boyfriend as he went ahead too quickly, can I walk through with you?". We said "Of course" (well I did, my wife just gave me 'the look') and we started to tour the house. About 15 seconds later the girl said "There he is, thanks" and ran ahead down the corridor. As she did an actor jumped out and started 'stabbing' her whilst removing part of her shirt to reveal fake blood. Of course they were both actors but it was a very clever gimmick, even more so when you think only a handful of guests would see it.

giphy.gif

Awwwww man, I really hope I can go one day.

mergatroid

Original Poster
giphy.gif

Awwwww man, I really hope I can go one day.

You really should if you get the chance. The whole evening feels completely different to how the park feels normally. There's also a sort of party atmosphere as groups of friends go and consume alcohol throughout the evening. Whilst this sometimes creates problems later on when people have had one too many, I've not seen any proper fights and there's security and police at every house.

Hope you get to go some time, it's really great

DisneyFan 2000

So, being the HHN newbie I am, how many houses can I expect to pack in a single night? We'll be there on the night of October 1st (a Sunday) Unfortunately we don't have time for more than that since it was important for us to also attend MNSSHP. Just wanted to adjust my expectations so to avoid any disappointment.

The_Jobu

So, being the HHN newbie I am, how many houses can I expect to pack in a single night? We'll be there on the night of October 1st (a Sunday) Unfortunately we don't have time for more than that since it was important for us to also attend MNSSHP. Just wanted to adjust my expectations so to avoid any disappointment.

I should really stop participating in this thread since I've never actually gone to HHN, but from what I've read, if you go on a weekend and dont have express pass you might only get to visit 2 houses. Two hour waits seem the norm.

But I'm sure someone who's been can provide more detail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom