Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Cliff

There's competing ideas. One is a reuse. One is a removal and replacement with a ride system that would be surprising in this park.
boomer.jpg

mk1971

If cost is a problem for a GotG Coaster, do you think they could build a simulator similar to Flight of Passage? Since FoP has gotten so many good reviews, it could be one way to go...

Daveeeeed

If cost is a problem for a GotG Coaster, do you think they could build a simulator similar to Flight of Passage? Since FoP has gotten so many good reviews, it could be one way to go...
NOOOOOOO!!!! Flight of Passage is epic, but Epcot has so many screen-based rides & simulators. It's the only one at Animal Kingdom and that's why it works so well.

• Soarin'
  • Mission: Space
  • Nemo
  • Soon to be Ratatouille
  • Mexico
  • Impressions De France
  • Reflections of China
  • O Canada!
  • Circle of Life
  • (Even Spaceship Earth's descent)

No just no PLEASE. EPCOT needs its Radiator Springs Racers or its Tower of Terror. EPCOT needs a super headliner class E-ticket. It has yet to receive it. Epcot does not need another screen ride for a loooong time.

Soarin' is secondary at DCA, but at EPCOT it gets nearly twice the waits.

mk1971

NOOOOOOO!!!! Flight of Passage is epic, but Epcot has so many screen-based rides & simulators. It's the only one at Animal Kingdom and that's why it works so well.

I agree with you! I hope it's a roller coaster. But when @marni1971 mentioned cost problems with the coaster, the first thing that came to my mind was something similar to FoP.

I really hope I'm wrong!!

aladdin2007

Yes. As it stands Tomorrowland should be different to the one of today. And some other things.

if the Buzz lightyear ride were to go (wasnt it rumored this could become a tron theme overlay instead?) do you think they would keep it as an omnimover dark ride format?

doctornick

Per multiple insiders Tron coaster is not coming to TL in WDW. Some type of redo is talked, but not Tron coaster per say.

IIRC, insiders have basically suggested that the Tron coaster is not on the table for Tomorrowland, but that some sort of Tron themed attraction might be part of the makeover of that land.

NoChesterHester

IIRC, insiders have basically suggested that the Tron coaster is not on the table for Tomorrowland, but that some sort of Tron themed attraction might be part of the makeover of that land.

Still shocks me Tron made it into Shanghai. The IP itself doesn't have any cultural resonance. The movie aesthetic looks amazing however!

FigmentForver96

Would be irony at it's finest that they give us the name EPCOT Center back (if that's what they end up doing) as they go as far away from the original intent as possible.
Sure, thing of all the people who would eat it up and make 40 minute daily blogs about the NEW EPCOT CENTER!!!!!!!! The money would be huge by simply changing a name.

The real shame in all this? The same park where every ride was an E-Ticket in a new amazing way is needing to be saved by coasters and big IPS. I know no other word then pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom