What is the plan for Innoventions East and West?

clemmo

I don't belive a final design has been settled on yet. The project is currently scheduled to complete mid 2020.
Any chance we get an announcement/info on this soon? I feel like it keeps getting pushed back so the fact that it's not in final design and somehow it'll open in 2020 seems iffy.

flyerjab

I don't belive a final design has been settled on yet. The project is currently scheduled to complete mid 2020.

Interesting. So it would seem that - potentially - completed work at Epcot leading up to WDW's 50th could be:
  • Gondola station and expanded/reconfigured International Gateway
  • E-Ticket Ratatouille trackless ride
  • C/D-Ticket ride for the UK Pavilion
  • Redesigned entrance and spine down to the entrance to World Showcase
  • Rethemed restaurant in place of Electric Umbrella
  • Rethemed store in place of Mouse Gear
  • Refurbished and repurposed Innoventions areas East and West (repurposed to mean more than just empty, unused, useless space)
  • Refurbished Living with the Land
  • Refurbished film in The Land Pavilion
  • Refurbished Mission:Space (currently underway)
  • New or Refurbished nighttime fireworks show
Not complete by any means but this is what I came up with off the top of my head at work. It seems that the Energy Pavilion replacement has fallen back a bit and could definitely miss completion by the 50th anniversary. I also know that at one time a new country pavilion was mentioned as well as possibly one additional ride in World Showcase, but this has gone very quiet as of late.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting. So it would seem that - potentially - completed work at Epcot leading up to WDW's 50th could be:
  • Refurbished and repurposed Innoventions areas East and West (repurposed to mean more than just empty, unused, useless space)
Not complete by any means but this is what I came up with off the top of my head at work. It seems that the Energy Pavilion replacement has fallen back a bit and could definitely miss completion by the 50th anniversary. I also know that at one time a new country pavilion was mentioned as well as possibly one additional ride in World Showcase, but this has gone very quiet as of late.
Pretty much. Lump all the Innoventions interior projects into one though, and probably the spine too (although they are separate projects on paper). There's also Mexico and Brazil plus a few other items on the list too. As always, what actually happens is still up for grabs.

Rodan75

Pretty much. Lump all the Innoventions interior projects into one though, and probably the spine too (although they are separate projects on paper). There's also Mexico and Brazil plus a few other items on the list too. As always, what actually happens is still up for grabs.

Have you confirmed Brazil so clearly before? I know it was heavily hinted, but I didn't see a confirmation that it was seriously under consideration (although I could have missed it, that thread got crazy for awhile)

clemmo

In the other thread it seemed like energy was gaining momentum again. I'd say 2021 looks fine but who knows at this point

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom