One day cruise excursion in Disneyland Paris/Walt Disney Studios

JenTen1585

Original Poster
I'm going on the British Isles Cruise on the Disney Magic. Our first stop in Le Havre, France, where we have picked the excursion for Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios. I live in Florida, about 4 hours south of Walt Disney World, so I have been to Disney World many times a year and feel like I can have a great time there even in large crowds by doing the planning ahead of time. As others has said, it feels so odd to go to a Disney park with very little knowledge on how to plan an efficient day. I've been doing research, and I am looking for input.
This is what I have tentatively:
Start in Walt Disney Studios and head straight for Crush Coaster (but only if we get there at park opening, otherwise, we may have to skip it as I understand the lines can get horrendous)
Then get the fast pass for Ratatouille.
I'm going to check with my daughter with regard to Rock n Roller Coaster
Otherwise bumper car cars
Then I think we will head to Disneyland Paris and do:
Start in Discoveryland and get fast pass for Buzz Lightyear
Pinnochio
Le Pays des Contes de Fees
Snow White
Fast Pass Pirates or BTMR if possible
Haunted House
I figure we can input the walk through attractions in there, not missing the Dragon or the Labrinth.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything, I just want to get the most out of our day. We will have about 7 hours between the two parks.

newhorizons1

That's exciting that you are going to Disneyland Paris! I visited two years ago and absolutely loved the park. I would definitely recommend spending the majority of your time at Disneyland Park instead of Walt Disney Studios Park. Ratatouille is definitely worth riding on. If you can't get a fastpass for a reasonable time I would suggest the single rider line for that. We did not go on Crush's Coaster because the line was horrible the day that we were there. Tower of Terror is Disneyland's former version, and the only major difference (that I can clearly remember) with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is the preshow is different.

As far as Disneyland Park itself there are a lot of neat walk through areas. Sleeping Beauty's castle is definitely worth walking through. The stained glass inside of the castle is gorgeous. Alice's Curious Labyrinth is a nice little walk through, as is the Pirate Galleon area. BTMRR there is my favorite version that I have been on! It is a must-do for sure! Space Mountain was closed while we were there, but I've heard that is another must-do attraction. Phantom Manor was great too. We rode that the first time and left a bit confused as there was clearly a storyline, but we had no idea what was going on. So, we read a synopsis online and went on it again. It does have a major backstory to the attraction, which completely made sense once we read about it! Hopefully Pirates will be open again by the time that you go. I remember enjoying their version.

Enjoy your time!

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm going on the British Isles Cruise on the Disney Magic. Our first stop in Le Havre, France, where we have picked the excursion for Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios. I live in Florida, about 4 hours south of Walt Disney World, so I have been to Disney World many times a year and feel like I can have a great time there even in large crowds by doing the planning ahead of time. As others has said, it feels so odd to go to a Disney park with very little knowledge on how to plan an efficient day. I've been doing research, and I am looking for input.
This is what I have tentatively:
Start in Walt Disney Studios and head straight for Crush Coaster (but only if we get there at park opening, otherwise, we may have to skip it as I understand the lines can get horrendous)
Then get the fast pass for Ratatouille.
I'm going to check with my daughter with regard to Rock n Roller Coaster
Otherwise bumper car cars
Then I think we will head to Disneyland Paris and do:
Start in Discoveryland and get fast pass for Buzz Lightyear
Pinnochio
Le Pays des Contes de Fees
Snow White
Fast Pass Pirates or BTMR if possible
Haunted House
I figure we can input the walk through attractions in there, not missing the Dragon or the Labrinth.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions? I'm open to anything, I just want to get the most out of our day. We will have about 7 hours between the two parks.

Skip Rock n Roller Coaster. No question. The Cars attraction isn't worth doing either. On your limited timeframe, you'll want to spend as little time in Walt Disney Studios as possible. Crush, Rat, then head over to Disneyland Paris.

Buzz Lightyear is fine but not worth your time. Fastpass is being removed from it this summer. Big Thunder is a much better use of your Fastpass, is a must-do ride, and you should do that first. If you want to ride an intense coaster, do Hyperspace Mountain instead of Rock n Roller. Pirates and Phantom Manor are can't-miss attractions. Everything else you can get to, like Fantasyland dark rides and Storybookland, absolutely do. The walkthroughs are all stellar - dragon, the castle's upper gallery, Alice's Labyrinth, 20K Leagues and Aladdin.

JenTen1585

Original Poster
That's exciting that you are going to Disneyland Paris! I visited two years ago and absolutely loved the park. I would definitely recommend spending the majority of your time at Disneyland Park instead of Walt Disney Studios Park. Ratatouille is definitely worth riding on. If you can't get a fastpass for a reasonable time I would suggest the single rider line for that. We did not go on Crush's Coaster because the line was horrible the day that we were there. Tower of Terror is Disneyland's former version, and the only major difference (that I can clearly remember) with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is the preshow is different.

As far as Disneyland Park itself there are a lot of neat walk through areas. Sleeping Beauty's castle is definitely worth walking through. The stained glass inside of the castle is gorgeous. Alice's Curious Labyrinth is a nice little walk through, as is the Pirate Galleon area. BTMRR there is my favorite version that I have been on! It is a must-do for sure! Space Mountain was closed while we were there, but I've heard that is another must-do attraction. Phantom Manor was great too. We rode that the first time and left a bit confused as there was clearly a storyline, but we had no idea what was going on. So, we read a synopsis online and went on it again. It does have a major backstory to the attraction, which completely made sense once we read about it! Hopefully Pirates will be open again by the time that you go. I remember enjoying their version.

Enjoy your time!
Thank you so much for your input! I think as soon as I get in Disneyland Paris, I will get a fast pass for BTMRR. My daughter loves that ride at Magic Kingdom, so sounds like we should definitely do it! Good advice about reading the Phantom Manor synopsis ahead of time!

JenTen1585

Original Poster
Skip Rock n Roller Coaster. No question. The Cars attraction isn't worth doing either. On your limited timeframe, you'll want to spend as little time in Walt Disney Studios as possible. Crush, Rat, then head over to Disneyland Paris.

Buzz Lightyear is fine but not worth your time. Fastpass is being removed from it this summer. Big Thunder is a much better use of your Fastpass, is a must-do ride, and you should do that first. If you want to ride an intense coaster, do Hyperspace Mountain instead of Rock n Roller. Pirates and Phantom Manor are can't-miss attractions. Everything else you can get to, like Fantasyland dark rides and Storybookland, absolutely do. The walkthroughs are all stellar - dragon, the castle's upper gallery, Alice's Labyrinth, 20K Leagues and Aladdin.
Thank you so much! I will definitely fast pass Big Thunder as soon as I get in Disneyland. Sounds like it shouldn't be missed! On Hyperspace Mountain, do you know if people sit next to each other, or behind each other like in Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom. My daughter actually likes roller coasters at Disney and loves Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest, but she will never ride Space Mountain because she says if it's dark, she wants to sit next to one of us. (She is 8 so I think this is reasonable, but I miss going on Space Mountain and would love to try the Disneyland version!)

GiveMeTheMusic

Thank you so much! I will definitely fast pass Big Thunder as soon as I get in Disneyland. Sounds like it shouldn't be missed! On Hyperspace Mountain, do you know if people sit next to each other, or behind each other like in Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom. My daughter actually likes roller coasters at Disney and loves Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest, but she will never ride Space Mountain because she says if it's dark, she wants to sit next to one of us. (She is 8 so I think this is reasonable, but I miss going on Space Mountain and would love to try the Disneyland version!)

Space sits two across in Paris, but be aware it's much more intense than its siblings. It has an uphill launch into the mountain and multiple inversions inside. It's closer to Rock n Roller Coaster than the Space Mountain you'd know from home!

JenTen1585

Original Poster
Space sits two across in Paris, but be aware it's much more intense than its siblings. It has an uphill launch into the mountain and multiple inversions inside. It's closer to Rock n Roller Coaster than the Space Mountain you'd know from home!
Thanks for the info! Hmmmm.... I'll have to talk to my daughter and see what she wants to do. She watches the ride videos on you tube and said that she thought it was a 2 seater so she was willing to go on, but I don't want to scare her too much.

tmm7899

I agree with the others. I was there in 2015 and spent a few hours at Disney Studios and did Rat and Crush. Disneyland Paris is absolutely gorgeous!!! I loved BTMRR and PotC. Phantom Manor was also incredible, the theming was awesome. I wish I knew more of the backstory before I went on though so do a little research so you can get the gist of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom