POFQ or AoA in November 2018

WisDisneyFan

Original Poster
We are in the pre-planning phase of our November 2018 trip to WDW. This will be our kids (6 yr old son and a 9 yr old son) first time "home". My wife and I have been there many times but only stayed at the CBR and are looking for the right resort to stay at with the guys. We are looking at either the POFQ or the AoA. Any insight, tips, suggestions...anything would be great! Thank you Disney fans...we can't wait to go and start new Disney memories with them.

R W B

Are you looking at the family suites at AoA or the regular room? The regular rooms only come in Little Mermaid theme if so and may not work well for boys.
Personally I enjoy POFQ, it's a smaller resort so no matter which room you get you're not too far from the food or busses. It's also usually quit too. Plus you have the boat ride to Disney Springs you can do which is one of my favorite rides because of the length and views.

wagner1225

We are in the pre-planning phase of our November 2018 trip to WDW. This will be our kids (6 yr old son and a 9 yr old son) first time "home". My wife and I have been there many times but only stayed at the CBR and are looking for the right resort to stay at with the guys. We are looking at either the POFQ or the AoA. Any insight, tips, suggestions...anything would be great! Thank you Disney fans...we can't wait to go and start new Disney memories with them.

wagner1225

We are the same way this year Nov, we stayed AOA last time in Nemo suite, I think with two little ones you can't go wrong, we were adult (3)
and enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids everywhere, we have been to many, many, Disney resorts and enjoyed this Resort very much, it was nice to have lots of room. We have four adults this time and have reservations at Cars suite but will cancel our POFQ...

Spike-in-Berlin

If you are looking for DISNEY theming go to the AoA, it's Disney magic pure. Although we stayed at the Little Mermaid rooms as a couple, we enjoyed the family suite areas Nemo, Lion King and Cars a lot. The Big Blue Pool was superior to any other value pool (and moderate) and bus service was perfect.

RefillableMug

I would suggest AOA. I'm sure your boys will love the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars sections. However, they are all family suites and are more expensive than POFQ. POFQ doesn't have much Disney theming and may not appeal to younger kids but is still a great option if you don't want a family suite.

WisDisneyFan

Original Poster
We are the same way this year Nov, we stayed AOA last time in Nemo suite, I think with two little ones you can't go wrong, we were adult (3)
and enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids everywhere, we have been to many, many, Disney resorts and enjoyed this Resort very much, it was nice to have lots of room. We have four adults this time and have reservations at Cars suite but will cancel our POFQ...
Thank you so much! I think your right.....the AoA will have better "immersive" environment for their first time! Thanks again!

WisDisneyFan

Original Poster
I would suggest AOA. I'm sure your boys will love the Lion King, Nemo, and Cars sections. However, they are all family suites and are more expensive than POFQ. POFQ doesn't have much Disney theming and may not appeal to younger kids but is still a great option if you don't want a family suite.
We are looking at cost, but I want to give the boys the long lasting memories that they can share with their children! I agree, AoA will help with the memory building because of the atmosphere. Thank you for your reply.

Smiley/OCD

Check out my post on the thread on this page AOA tips...we've been there twice and again this November...IMHO, it's the BEST themed resort on property....ENJOY!!!

Spike-in-Berlin

Just another tip, if you should decide to stay at the TLM rooms in AoA, on really hot days it's a good idea to walk through the hallway of the Lion Kind building to the right (coming from TLM) on your way to the main building/Big Blue Pool. We did it to enjoy a minute or two of AC and looking at the carpet floor was fun too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom