Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

The pessimist in me believes its just gonna end up being a Guardians coaster. Pencil pushers were stalling to see just how well the sequel would track at the B.O. So when it was a success, they saw their other options as looking less $$-generating, and just went back to their original plan...

But I'd LOVE to be wrong.

trainplane3

I still believe Rat will open before the Energy project.
Oh cool! I want to get excited about all of these Epcot projects but I really don't know what to expect anymore. Could it be a questionable change by jamming a IP into while still maintaining the idea (Nemo into Seas)? No IP but still a large change (WoM to TT)? Or a IP filled ride that has no right to exist in FW?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Oh cool! I want to get excited about all of these Epcot projects but I really don't know what to expect anymore. Could it be a questionable change by jamming a IP into while still maintaining the idea (Nemo into Seas)? No IP but still a large change (WoM to TT)? Or a IP filled ride that has no right to exist in FW?
Sadly, many of us around here expect the last option.

Haymarket2008

If they were seriously considering not even bringing Guardians to WDW in any substantial way just last week, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Guardians isn't Project S.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I interpret my Martinese correctly:

1. UoE was and wasn't and was and wasn't and was going to become a GotG coaster (new building built behind the current, which will be pre-show/queue).
2. But then its timeline was pushed back because the coaster was going to take longer than thought to construct.
3. So, Rat was pushed up the timeline.
4. But then, it seems nothing in WDW was going to get a big GotG attraction, not even UoE (for some unknown reason). So, the UoE re-do was in limbo.
5. But now, they're going with a different idea/IP for the coaster replacement for UoE, which means, it's not pushed back any longer. Both UoE and the Rat will construct contemporaneously, only, the Rat will be done earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom