News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Kman101

VotLM and BatB: the 25-minnute spectacular are hardly irreplaceable classics as you seem to be describing.

Not sure why he keeps arguing against the fact that these shows need to be updated or replaced. It isn't because it's "what I want" or that I've seen them a million times, but you update or change your stage shows. You don't have the same ones running for nearly 30 years. Entertainment should be updated and changed.

RSoxNo1

Yes, Jason Surrell's painfully obvious Sixth Sense reference definitely hurt the ride.

I won't disagree that Sixth Sense is a poor choice, but you cheery-picked.

Alien and Indy were both modern classics at the time the ride was conceptualized and built, yet made the final cut for the ride, which is my point. Just because a movie is new doesn't make it any less of a classic.
The current script for GMR is awful.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not sure why he keeps arguing against the fact that these shows need to be updated or replaced. It isn't because it's "what I want" or that I've seen them a million times, but you update or change your stage shows. You don't have the same ones running for nearly 30 years. Entertainment should be updated and changed.

Correct. Plus, if they were going to keep one show running for 3 or 4 decades it should have been The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

larandtra

The Hunchback show was probably one of the most underrated shows at WDW. While I understand the love many have for the GMR and I respect that because I think old movies are much better done than current ones, I could certainly understand the removal and change to a new attraction that may better fit the direction the park is going. Im not jumping for joy over the change, but, Im not putt off by it either. Im cautiously optimistic they are doing something that will make the park better for all.

HMF

The Hunchback show was probably one of the most underrated shows at WDW. While I understand the love many have for the GMR and I respect that because I think old movies are much better done than current ones, I could certainly understand the removal and change to a new attraction that may better fit the direction the park is going. Im not jumping for joy over the change, but, Im not putt off by it either. Im cautiously optimistic they are doing something that will make the park better for all.
I really don't think the issue here is what is replacing it ala DCA Tower of Terror. It's more that there is better thematic real estate in the park and they need all the attractions they can get once SWL opens.

Casper Gutman

I really wish we knew more official information on Mickey.

This starts construction in a couple months and we still don't really have even a whisper from official sources - it doesn't give the impression of this being a major attraction they're proud of. After all, we know quite a bit of official info about SWL, which is opening at the same time. The word "afterthought" hangs worryingly in the air...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I really wish we knew more official information on Mickey.

This starts construction in a couple months and we still don't really have even a whisper from official sources - it doesn't give the impression of this being a major attraction they're proud of. After all, we know quite a bit of official info about SWL, which is opening at the same time. The word "afterthought" hangs worryingly in the air...
Patience.

Kman101

There has been no need to say anything about it officially though. They're likely to announce it next month at D23.

Just like the Rat ride, there's been no need to announce anything yet. Technically they don't HAVE to announce it next month either. They can start construction and announce it in 2019 (not saying that's what will happen ...)

Because we have insiders we know things months and sometimes a year before anything gets announced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom