Ranking Our DVC Studio Choices

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
DH and I are trying to prioritize our resort stay choices for next May. So fun!!!
We have stayed at BLT and ALK studios before and while we enjoyed both, we want to try new and different spots. Our current choices are:

1st-GF (neither of us have stayed there before)
2nd-Boardwalk (I stayed standard room as a kid but barely remember, him never)
3rd-Poly (we've stayed standard room twice and adore it there)
4th-Beach Club (neither of us have stayed there before)
5th-WL (we stayed there once in a standard room for 12 day Disneymoon in 2013 and loved it)

Just DH and I. We love MK but also love the Boardwalk area, having stayed at the Swan and Dolphin many times. I love Epcot way more than DH, but he loves DHS more than me. Also SWL looks like it may open in May possibly around when we visit. We love the ease of walking to a resort or taking special transportation like monorail or boat.

We are pretty much opposed to splitting a stay. We make our resort room our home and splitting in the past has made me feel like I can't settle in, so splitting a stay between two is something we don't want to do, therefore we must compromise and be settled and happy with one of the choices.

What would your line up of our choices be and why? Thanks!!!

Weather_Lady

It sounds like you/DH love the Boardwalk area, Epcot and HS, so Boardwalk and Beach Club would seem to be natural choices for you based on location (walking distance to Epcot and HS). I'd choose Boardwalk if you value the "night life" it offers or if you're on a tight budget, and Beach Club if you prefer a more relaxed vibe and a bigger feature pool. You can't lose either way.

Last edited:

lostpro9het

we want to try new and different spots
!
Given that this is the criteria, Id say these two are your best options and, IMO, you wont be disappointed with either. VGF has better rooms, IMO, but BCV has the best pool and walking access to some of the best restaurants.
1st-GF (neither of us have stayed there before)
4th-Beach Club (neither of us have stayed there before)

correcaminos

I always go with "where haven't you stayed before" and go from there. In that case I'd do VGF or BCV next. I will say the rooms at PVB blew away the standard rooms - favorite shower onsite so far! I likely would pick BCV first over VGF but I get frustrated with the transportation options there.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
You're talking May 2018? I don't think SWL is supposed to be open till 2019 at the earliest. Not sure if this will have an impact in your decision or not.

Oh I missed that - yes 2019 for Star Wars. Rumor is Toy Story Land will be opening next summer.
Oops I thought it was May 2018. No that doesn't impact us at all, just something we were going to prepare for if staying so close. But guess we won't have to worry! Thanks for clearing that up.

Epcotfan21

Oops I thought it was May 2018. No that doesn't impact us at all, just something we were going to prepare for if staying so close. But guess we won't have to worry! Thanks for clearing that up.
You're welcome! Now back to the question at hand, because neither of you have stayed at Beach Club before, I'm going to put that as #1, followed by Boardwalk, GF, WL and Poly. Beach Club is quite possibly my favorite resort. Nothing beats a quick walk to Epcot or 10 minute stroll to Hollywood Studios. You've got the nightlife of the Boardwalk right across the lake and my wife and I love to go take a break and relax at the pool when it gets super hot mid day and then head back to Epcot for dinner or Illuminations. You won't regret it!

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your perspectives so far!

Does anyone have an experience with a Boardwalk view at the Boardwalk Villas? Is it awesome, or is it noisy and disruptive? Also is there a balcony or just window?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom