Halloween Horror Nights 2017 Official thread

Tick Tock

This would've been an ideal year to have 29 Neibolt Street as a theme for one of the houses.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

The Shining house is perhaps the first time I've been excited for a house in quite some time.

I'm happy that this year's American Horror Story house will feature Asylum.
It was not easy like last year with The Exorcist. As for AHS not just Asylum Coven & Roanoke as well.

Spectro

HHN absolutely terrifies me. I'm an anxious mess when it comes to people jumping out on me, however as a fan of the American horror story series this is quite exciting. :hungover::confused::cool: Will be there for sure this year.

raven

Excited that they are doing a Stephen King house (The Shining). Hopefully it will be impressive enough to make Stephen allow them to do more of his films. "IT" would be amazing!

JoeCamel

Well I wouldn't count on seeing a 2001 Space Odyssey or Clockwork Orange house in the future. ;)
But I wouldn't count on anything directly from King either. He hates this movie but doesn't have the rights to it so that is why it will be a house. That will not engender any participation in the future from his camp.

Twilight_Roxas

Excited that they are doing a Stephen King house (The Shining). Hopefully it will be impressive enough to make Stephen allow them to do more of his films. "IT" would be amazing!
I was kinda hoping for a compilation maze of Stephen King's best novels Carrie, The Shining, and IT.

Mmkn0806

Hi thinking about Universal for the Halloween attractions when is the best time to go with very little lines....September? Or is a fast pass needed to enjoy the houses at that time? Thank you

mergatroid

Original Poster
Hi thinking about Universal for the Halloween attractions when is the best time to go with very little lines....September? Or is a fast pass needed to enjoy the houses at that time? Thank you

It depends how many times you're going really. We're usually in Orlando for a 3 week period for HHN. We get a Frequent Fear Pass which gives you a long list of dates over the 6 weeks HHN operates that you can visit on. It usually covers the 1st Friday and Saturday HHN is open followed by any Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday for the remainder of the event. We usually go 4 times and have always done all the houses by our fourth visit without upgrading to Express.

We do however always get there for about 4:30pm and queue till about 6:15pm when they usually let you in. As such we're always one of the first in when they open with only the 'Stay and Scream' people already in the park. Many houses are virtually no wait when we enter and it's not uncommon for us to have done 2 to 3 houses in the first hour. The really popular houses may have a wait of 45 mins already when you enter with the 'Stay and Scream' people already queuing and the Express people going straight on it. Last year for instance we queued for almost an hour for 'American Horror Story' at 6:15pm, but it was doable.

If you're doing just 1 night then Express is the sensible choice if you don't mind the price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom