Park Hopping without Park Hoppers

SteveAZee

Original Poster
If I buy, let's say, a 10 day Magic Your Way pass, can I use one two days worth of the pass to visit two separate parks on the same day? I was looking at pricing and it seems like there might be some price advantage to doing this. Anyone know for sure?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If I buy, let's say, a 10 day Magic Your Way pass, can I use one two days worth of the pass to visit two separate parks on the same day? I was looking at pricing and it seems like there might be some price advantage to doing this. Anyone know for sure?
Sorry, but no, you cannot do that. You must buy the parkhopper option to visit 2 or more parks on the same day.

BigRedDad

You could purchase 2 sets of park passes per person and do it. However, that is far more expensive than the Hopper option. We never bought Hopper because we do not think it is worth the extra money. There is more than enough in 1 park to spend an entire day exploring.

yedliW

We never bought Hopper because we do not think it is worth the extra money. There is more than enough in 1 park to spend an entire day exploring.

I am usually opposed to the expense of PH.. but my wife likes having the flexibility, even if we don't fully utilize the option.. but it came in handy on our last trip.. we had a couple dinners at the Yacht Club and Beach Club resorts.. It made it a lot easier to get back to our room at the AKL, by being able to take a leisurely stroll through the international gateway and out the front of the park to the buses.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
IMO, they should offer park hopper free of charge to resort guests and just charge more for park hopper to non-resort guests.

Negative ghost rider. They will just charge more for everyone. But don't you worry, they only do it to improve the guest experience.

Dave B

I have to respectfully disagree with disneygeek90 and LuvtheGoof, when we were there in March oft this year we did that exact thing, we had to cut our trip short by a day and we had an extra day ticket, we went to AK in the morning and finished the trip that night at MK, we did not have park hopper, we just had to tell the person at the gate scanning that we wanted to use our last days ticket on our band, they pressed a couple buttons and we were good to go, we did not inform the people at the gate about cutting our trip short, just that we wanted to use the other ticket

CaptainAmerica

You could purchase 2 sets of park passes per person and do it. However, that is far more expensive than the Hopper option. We never bought Hopper because we do not think it is worth the extra money. There is more than enough in 1 park to spend an entire day exploring.
I never used the Park Hopper very much until Fastpass+. By doing four half days in the Magic Kingdom instead of two full days on our average week-long trip, we get to make four days worth of Fastpass+ reservations for the park that needs them the most.

danyoung56

... we did not have park hopper, we just had to tell the person at the gate scanning that we wanted to use our last days ticket on our band, they pressed a couple buttons and we were good to go...

I think this was a case of the CM being good to you. Disney has an official policy against this. Whether or not it gets enforced by all CMs is another issue. I'm not sure I'd want to chance it.

DisneyJoe

I have to respectfully disagree with disneygeek90 and LuvtheGoof, when we were there in March oft this year we did that exact thing, we had to cut our trip short by a day and we had an extra day ticket, we went to AK in the morning and finished the trip that night at MK, we did not have park hopper, we just had to tell the person at the gate scanning that we wanted to use our last days ticket on our band, they pressed a couple buttons and we were good to go, we did not inform the people at the gate about cutting our trip short, just that we wanted to use the other ticket
It's not an issue if it is a separate ticket.

SteveAZee

Original Poster

Interesting. Sounds like they can make an exception at the gate, but it requires some work... perhaps not guaranteed either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom