Mobile stages coming to Star Wars - A Galaxy Far, Far, Away

FerretAfros

Just curious, what other mobile stages are there at MGM ?
To my knowledge there aren't any mobile stages in use at the moment, but I would expect it to be somewhat similar to the stage they used for the various High School Musical shows, likely with a video screen on the back
07mgmhighsch-d1-2635.JPG

Given that the stages will be in-place when the park opens each morning, and removed after the final performance, I'll be curious to see if they incorporate their removal into some sort of processional/mini-parade, or if they just awkwardly drive them through guest areas with no particular rhyme or reason. Sadly, I'm expecting the latter

Tavernacle12

Any other changes to the show coming along with this? I know during Celebration they added Rey but that seemed to only be for one night.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
So glad about the stage removal! Why weren't they using the mobile stage from the start?
I don't think they fully realized that Galactic spectacular was going to have such limited viewing angles and cause operational issues. Once the show launched it then became obvious there was a problem, and it has taken this long to get things prepared. Mobile stages are not ideal, so I can see the reluctance to go with that from the start.

Kman101

I don't think they fully realized that Galactic spectacular was going to have such limited viewing angles and cause operational issues. Once the show launched it then became obvious there was a problem, and it has taken this long to get things prepared. Mobile stages are not ideal, so I can see the reluctance to go with that from the start.

That all makes sense. I know a more permanent stage is likely more ideal but I appreciate them using the mobile one now so they can move it at night. At least they aren't moving it in and out for each show. I mean, that would be nice but I wouldn't expect that LOL.

ToTBellHop

That all makes sense. I know a more permanent stage is likely more ideal but I appreciate them using the mobile one now so they can move it at night. At least they aren't moving it in and out for each show. I mean, that would be nice but I wouldn't expect that LOL.
They should have had the foresight when they built the stage that replaced the BAH to make it a telescoping stage. It was only...2 years ago?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They should have had the foresight when they built the stage that replaced the BAH to make it a telescoping stage. It was only...2 years ago?
Perhaps there is always hope from WDI that a show just won't take place there. As soon as you start putting in things like telescoping stages you are reinforcing the idea that a stage show there is a good plan.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Finally! Love the show but the stages always took away from the show. I could hug someone for this but I'm good with a handshake.

jt04

Maybe they will bring it out just before the first show so guests will have perfect views in the morning hours. Just a thought.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
The moving stages look exactly like the stage that's out there now, with screens attached and all of the black and gold theme. Only difference is the movability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom