Pre-Trip Starting Sissy's Senior Year with a Bang!

Well, here I am yet again LOL! Yes, we just got back 2 months ago but we are now AP holders, so that means we have to use them! As the title says, my daughter, a.k.a Sissy, will be starting her Senior year of High School! :coldfeet::jawdrop: Where has the time gone?! What better way to celebrate than with a mother/daughter trip to our fave place? Plus, the deal I got was WAAAAYYYY too good to pass up! Here we gooooo....
@21stamps @*Flynnderella* @lostpro9het @bee @MySmallWorldof4 @wdisney9000 @joshsprincess921 @kaitertot5249 @mlegerto @Tony the Tigger @gdisneyfans @ajrwdwgirl @Tuvalu @Zipitidoda @amjt660 @Jess G @PacNWTigger @Direwolf27 @blgauger @Ciara @mattchu758 @Doc Disney @prfctlyximprct @Figment Forever

WHO: This trip is just me and my 17 yr old daughter, Brooklyn.

WHEN: August 17-22, 2017

WHERE: I'm sure you're all assuming FQ, but this time we will be staying at.....CBR! Why the change you ask? Especially since after our last stay there in 2013 we swore it off. The deal I got was AMAZING! Because of the construction, Disney was offering a $75 Disney gift card PER NIGHT! So for a 5 night stay, we will receive $375 upon check-in! That's what we will use for food and other purchases. I originally booked the room with no discounts, and I honestly assumed that Disney wouldn't allow a room discount to be applied with the GC offer. I was wrong! When the summer discounts were released I applied it to my reservation and got $191.50 off! I had to upgrade to a king room, but that's fine with us. A few weeks later, another discount(I keep wanting to say Passholder, but can't remember) was released, and I got ANOTHER $132 off! So from booking to now, I've gotten $325 off!! That's like 2 free nights! The resort will have no food court or gift shop, but who cares?! They will have ''pop up'' food courts and buffets. We don't plan on being at the resort much anyway, so we will eat and shop elsewhere.

One of the reasons I swore this resort off was the bus system. I just can't get over the fact that you drive around the resort for 84 minutes to 612 other stops picking people up. No thanks!!!! That's why I love FQ with all my little black soul. Brook mentioned that maybe we have such a bad taste in our mouths about CBR because of the trip itself, and my MIL who was there:rolleyes:. It was a nightmare to say the least! That being said, we are both pretty positive about the resort. We have decided to use Uber if we try the buses and don't like them.

WHY: As if we ever need an excuse to go to Disney, but when we got the AP'S I knew I would have to squeeze in a long weekend in the summer and a trip at Christmas to ''get my money's worth''. Also, we will be touring another school Brook is interested in, Embry-Riddle.

127 DAYS TO GO GANG!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Yes. Last week of august..on a Friday.. until 11am. So stupid.lol. The public schools here mostly go back 2 weeks earlier..which means there are never summer camps offered during that time. This drives me nuts as well.lol. One of those weeks is our (newish) annual camping trip though..this will be year 3 of it! I still can't bait a hook properly, but I can put up an InstaTent like a pro ;)

Speaking of August... my cousin in Philly just posted a photo on FB of my family's old summer house on the shore. Or what was our house. Torn down and a new 3 level house put in it's place. She still has a summer home there (Cape May).. whenever she posts photos I don't even recognize the area!!! Looks like so much has changed. My mom and her sisters are trying to get all of us to commit to a big family week on the shore next year.. I'd love to go back and share a huge part of my childhood with T, not sure how many of the places from memories are left though. Last time I was there was in the late 90s

Ughhh...we've had that here too. She went back in August a few times in elementary and middle school. Brook loved to fish when she was little, me not so much...in fact I've never been fishing!

You should def take him to the shore!! He'd love it and you can make your own new memories!:inlove:

21stamps

Ughhh...we've had that here too. She went back in August a few times in elementary and middle school. Brook loved to fish when she was little, me not so much...in fact I've never been fishing!

You should def take him to the shore!! He'd love it and you can make your own new memories!:inlove:

We will, I've been wanting to take him. The quaintness of the area was one of my favorite parts about it, I think it will be a little bittersweet.
Wow, I sound like a very old person right now.

Anyway.. so is CRT definitely out during your trip?

Courtney6682

Original Poster
We will, I've been wanting to take him. The quaintness of the area was one of my favorite parts about it, I think it will be a little bittersweet.
Wow, I sound like a very old person right now.

Anyway.. so is CRT definitely out during your trip?

LOL...I have a very ugly birthday coming up in 5 days, so I'm right behind you on the old people express hahahaha

CRT is a no-go...she wasn't interested...

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I just booked the school tour for Embry-Riddle!! So exciting!!

So here is what we have so far...

Depart PHL at 2:33pm on Wednesday, Aug 16th...land at MCO at 5:01pm. Grab our bags, rent a car and drive a little over an hour to our hotel in Daytona Beach. We'll find somewhere to eat dinner and then head to bed.

Wake up on the morning of the 17th and head to ER by 9am for our 3 hour tour. If all goes well we will be heading towards CBR by 1pm-ish! Of course we will drive over to POR and see if Elsie is around lol...then head to check in at CBR! The MK is open until 10pm so we will def head there for the evening.

amjt660

Premium Member
I just booked the school tour for Embry-Riddle!! So exciting!!

So here is what we have so far...

Depart PHL at 2:33pm on Wednesday, Aug 16th...land at MCO at 5:01pm. Grab our bags, rent a car and drive a little over an hour to our hotel in Daytona Beach. We'll find somewhere to eat dinner and then head to bed.

Wake up on the morning of the 17th and head to ER by 9am for our 3 hour tour. If all goes well we will be heading towards CBR by 1pm-ish! Of course we will drive over to POR and see if Elsie is around lol...then head to check in at CBR! The MK is open until 10pm so we will def head there for the evening.
You know Courtney if I didn't know better it almost sounds like you are planning out how you will spend your time on this trip..........

LOL - I know you have to do some planning - just try to keep it loose and open this time right???

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
You know Courtney if I didn't know better it almost sounds like you are planning out how you will spend your time on this trip..........

LOL - I know you have to do some planning - just try to keep it loose and open this time right???

Max

Hahaha! I know @amjt660! It's so hard not to have a ''loose plan''. I love planning Disney, but as you know from our last trip it was just too much! I'm just looking forward to people watching for an hour or so if we want, and it will def be more do-able without our usual 49 ADR's and activities lol....

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Well, my birthday was June 6th and look what Brooklyn got for me!!! They are all from 1990 :inlove:....I have to post a pic of the back of the GF rates, they are too funny!

vintagebrochures.jpg

amjt660

Premium Member
Good luck with the fp
Not sure if you can get both on the same day with the tier system
You might have to plan on 2 days for that

But wait a minute
This was the low key limited planning trip right?

Max

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Good luck with the fp
Not sure if you can get both on the same day with the tier system
You might have to plan on 2 days for that

But wait a minute
This was the low key limited planning trip right?

Max
Correct max! Lol! I should have clarified that FoP more important to us than NRJ, and that IF I'm able to snag both we I'll have to visit AK twice;)

No matter how little I plan we def have to have fast passes! Ive stuck to my word with the ADRs and extra activities ..... so far ;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Yesterday was FP day!!! I woke up around 9:15 am, and before I so much as sat up I logged into MDE. I started with our AK day and hoped for the best! Was I able to snag one or both or even neither of the new rides?

August 17th....
Check in at CBR around 3-ish, head to MK

SPACE MTN- 5:05-6:05
7D- 6:40-7:40
SPLSH MTN- 7:55-8:55

August 18th....Start the day at AK

EVEREST- 9:05-10:05
NA'VI -10:45-11:45(YAY!):D
PRIMEVAL W- 12:15-1:15

Tea at the GF - 4:05....head to a park, most likely Epcot

August 19th....HS

RnRC- 9:00-10:00
ToT- 11-12

Dinner at LTT- 6:05

August 20th...AK

PRIMEVAL WHIRL- 12:10-1:10
FLIGHT OF PASSAGE!!!!- 3:25-4:25
(Super excited for this!)
EVEREST- 5:35-6:35

This is the day we may hit one of the water parks. I'm thinking maybe we'll cancel PW and spend the morning up until noon or so there.

August 21st....Epcot

Soarin'- 9:10-10:10
Figment- 10:40-11:40
SSE- 12:35-1:35

Dinner at BOG...6:55

So as of now we are 59 days out! I have stuck to my guns about not planning TS meals for every day and no extra activites. It's been hard but I am determined to have a nice relaxing trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom