The Great Movie Ride Projects/Announcements

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
DisneyDad3000 presents:

Arriving later this year to the forums (or sooner if forum distribution allows), The Great Movie Ride Imagineering competition makes its way to WDWMagic. Taking prompt ideas from a number of classic films, Imagineers will work in Studio teams to produce Disney World driven attractions and entertainment. Each week we’ll take a look back at a different film whose plot or genre will inspire that week’s production.

While there will be reviews of each production, The Ride will be more of a gathering to see what fun concepts each Studio can Imagineer. Each project cycle will feature a different award season (Golden Lion, Sundance, etc) culminating in a massive Oscar finale

There will be a fun twist or two, but they’ll be more geared at what’s being produced and having some fun with your fellow Studios. While you won’t be switching Studios all season, you may have the opportunity to expand at some point to assist with a larger project.

Already have a Studio group you are dying to work with? You are free to propose your Studio team and the director will take it under advisement but in these cases we would encourage leaving a spot open for new participants. Hopefully this will be a team competition that will inspire both the seasoned Imagineer, but encourage those who watch from the sidelines to see what fun this forum can be. More details and signups to come as the release date approaches.

Thank you to @David2319 for unknowingly inspiring this idea.

1st Trailer Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
Tentative competition schedule starting 7/2 and ending 8/22-23.

Sign up info, further detail confirming dates, etc coming soon. Finalizing up a couple of details around weekly reviews/awards and as indicated this will be team based/non elimination (similar to House Cup) with weekly challenges on WDW Disney and potentially non Disney IP.

spacemt354

Chili's
Tentative competition schedule starting 7/2 and ending 8/22-23.

Sign up info, further detail confirming dates, etc coming soon. Finalizing up a couple of details around weekly reviews/awards and as indicated this will be team based/non elimination (similar to House Cup) with weekly challenges on WDW Disney and potentially non Disney IP.
Looking forward to this! 7/2 - 8/22 is a great timeframe. I'm going to be in Disney for the last week so maybe we can get some on-site research done for the project:bookworm:

Disney Dad 3000

Original Poster
I don't have a team to propose, but I'd love to be a part of this. Feel free to put me in any team.

Great! Love to have you. Hopefully this will turn out ok.
The team thing wasn't a requirement, just in case a couple of folks wanted to team up here and there thought I'd give the opportunity as long the teams wouldn't end up to out of whack. Don't know how many will sign up to play, but imagine it will be all solo and I'll just group them up best I can.
Probably will do official sign ups after SYWTBAI has gotten rolling along.

CraniumCommand89

Here it is folks, first official trailer for The Great Movie Ride competition and a brief look at the films that will inspire our Disney World related challenges.

Potentially a 2nd trailer coming before the season with a few more hints on challenges, etc. Hope you enjoy.

I'm joining thanks to this trailer. Any host who would put Spaceballs as a large part of the trailer has sold me. :)

spacemt354

Chili's
I'm joining thanks to this trailer. Any host who would put Spaceballs as a large part of the trailer has sold me. :)
r2s1q.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom