Skipper Canteen vs Plaza Restaurant

Schneewittchen

I can only speak to the Plaza. I went there for lunch with my family a couple of weeks ago. It's cozy, very well suited to a part of one and definitely lunch food - very good lunch food. DH had a very nice reuben, I had a very tasty burger. If we weren't so stuffed, we would have gotten milkshakes or sundaes.

aw14

I can speak to Skipper. We had lunch there on our last trip in November. I was quite pleasantly surprised. The lunch was quite tasty, both my DW (@awheartsdw ) and DD thoroughly enjoyed their food. I did as well. Our waitress was not has "hokey" as we would have liked, but overall we liked it enough to book another lunch while we are there in June

belledream

Pretty different places in my opinion.

Plaza: cheaper, burger/sandwiches, theme of restaurant is like an extension of Main St. so it's nice - but tiny. I don't even think there's a bathroom inside it.

Skipper Canteen: more unique dining options, three nicely themed dining rooms, rambunctious CMs.

Palate-desires aside, I'd say Skipper Canteen is more of an experience, but Plaza has some good cheap eats for just a bit more than a QS meal.

DisneyJoe

Plaza: cheaper, burger/sandwiches, theme of restaurant is like an extension of Main St. so it's nice - but tiny. I don't even think there's a bathroom inside it.

Skipper Canteen: more unique dining options, three nicely themed dining rooms, rambunctious CMs.

Palate-desires aside, I'd say Skipper Canteen is more of an experience, but Plaza has some good cheap eats for just a bit more than a QS meal.

Precisely this - well said.

correcaminos

Well said, and no, the Plaza does not have a bathroom inside. You have to use the ones next door on the way to Tomorrowland.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sadly the Plaza is not as cheap as it used to be.

IMG_7254.JPG

bethymouse

The Plaza Restaurant has few "dinner" options IMHO. If you like sandwiches for dinner, then you're OK. Unless of course you like meatloaf and ice cream ( they do have delicious ice cream).;)
Skipper Canteen's menu is Asian/Mediterranean. The steak was good. My son liked the pork with Jasmine rice. The appetizers were good ( Dim Sum style). The choices really aren't so great, but it does fit with the theme. The waiters try to act like the Jungle Cruise skippers. Neat experience, but really wouldn't do it again. That's why we're still begging Disney to put another Full Service Restaurant or 2 at the MK!:inlove:

EvilQueen-T

Haven't been to Skipper Canteen but we've done the Plaza a ton of times. Here's a few pics I have from there.
580364_1116929711685799_6441920970246445409_n.jpg

chocolate milkshake

12308391_1050766701635434_1324171228703987096_n.jpg

They turned their steak philly into s chicken philly for me.

11035579_971834122862026_7044367168428601965_n.jpg

Kids cookies and milk

1896741_971832482862190_3799600181359454824_n.jpg

Not the best pic of their strawberry salad. Presentation seems to change often but it's super yummy and very big. Could easily be shared.

MagicMegan

Original Poster
I love the Skipper Canteen. The spirit of the place and the food are just amazing. I enjoyed the Plaza on my last visit and it's a meal I'd eat again but I chose to eat 3 meals on a 6 day trip at Skipper Canteen so clearly I'm obsessed!
What did you eat?? I keep looking at the menu lol.

I am Timmy

This wasn't open my last trip, we can't wait to try it! Has anyone gotten the souvenir Moscow Mule cup? My kids want one, they look pretty nice in pics. Might get one for myself to display next to my Adventurer's Club plaque, on a shelf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom