Favorite Bathrooms? Least Favorite Bathrooms?

graphite1326

Depends on who you ask... by definition it's correct to call it a public bathroom. Looked up a few online dictionaries including Merriam Webster and dictionary.com. #2 listing for both was either lavatory or toilet
well then I will go in, strip down and take a quick bath then.

Beacon Joe

No. You're not even being pedantic; you're simply wrong. It is a common idiomatic use of the word. To be overly pedantic myself, it doesn't even qualify as an idiomatic use of the word, considering the fact that it is formalized in multiple English dictionaries.

Would you complain if somebody from the UK referred to the bathroom at Cosmic Ray's as a water closet, considering that the space is too large to qualify as a "closet?"

correcaminos

Just going by what the dictionaries say. Not all mentioned baths or showers anyway and they specified for N. America that this is a proper term for anything with a toilet... not me saying it, but the guys who definite it. I'll follow what they say :p

graphite1326

No. You're not even being pedantic; you're simply wrong. It is a common idiomatic use of the word. To be overly pedantic myself, it doesn't even qualify as an idiomatic use of the word, considering the fact that it is formalized in multiple English dictionaries.

Would you complain if somebody from the UK referred to the bathroom at Cosmic Ray's as a water closet, considering that the space is too large to qualify as a "closet?"
Really people, you're going to lecture me? It was just a joke.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Every time I see this thread title pop up, I don't know whether to :p, :hilarious:, :facepalm:, :hungover: or :eek:

Restroom, bathroom, WC, loo, toilet, whatever. Just have it nearby, clean and stocked with t.p. Speaking of t.p. - can Disney NOT find something better?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, I actually have issues with the t.p. they use. Either I go to a Disney bathroom with paper-towel-like t.p. or with paper that is quick dissolving, kind of like RV t.p.

Which is why I bring a pack of nice t.p. with me on my trips. But I'm not carrying a roll around the parks. The t.p. in the parks is worse than the garbage in the resorts. Even the t.p. in the deluxes is bad.

Matt_Black

Really people, you're going to lecture me? It was just a joke.

See, that's where you confused us, because jokes are usually funny! D'oh-ho-ho-hoo!

disneyspirit

Favs include JII at the top spot. Very underused and great music. Also like Odyssey at Epcot. Noodle station and Gaston's Tavern in MK. Nothing really stands out to me at AK or HS. Least favorite is the tiny upstairs one at Liberty Tree Tavern.
I wondered if anyone would mention the bathroom at Liberty Tree Tavern. First you have to climb that narrow staircase then that's the bathroom for this whole restaurant? Anyway, I like the bathroom at the Brown Derby. Also any of
the bathrooms that are really big with lots of stalls works for me, such as the one near Pirates. They're usually clean when I visit, that's pretty much what I expect at Disney.

Jedi Stitch

The Tiki Room Bathrooms in DLR.
Magic Kingdom by City hall. These bathrooms are just like the ones in DLR. Some of the best shade to be found are also by Crystal Palace. Tangled Bathrooms and the Gaston Tavern ones have nice therms. Worst are the ones between adventureland and Rivers of America. Tooo Busy. Epcot- Mexican Pavilion didn't use Odesy. The Seas Pavilion only because of the little boy asking his dad in the stall "does the water come from the big fish tanks, or does it go to the tanks....Will they eat my poop?"
DHS-Brown Derby, The ones near the Splash movie Fountain. Used to be out of the way but not anymore.
DAK- Rainforest. no real winners in the park.

correcaminos

Which is why I bring a pack of nice t.p. with me on my trips. But I'm not carrying a roll around the parks. The t.p. in the parks is worse than the garbage in the resorts. Even the t.p. in the deluxes is bad.
They use Scott toilet paper in the deluxes and I think it is not even remotely close to being bad. Almost the same as what we use at home. So glad it isn't Charmin. I would take newspaper over that.

Disney4family

Hey - at least they haven't resorted to what I experienced when I visited the former East Germany, where a very heavy-set, grumpy old woman would sit by the door and sell you one square of tp.
Oh no, I just gave them another idea of how to get more money out of us. Sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom