Trip Report Hakunamatata's Ultra .000001%er 2017 "Whats All This Pandoramonium About?" Trip Report

(This trip takes place May 25, 2017 through June 11, 2017).

This year the 'matata family is celebrating a few milestones (I really hope to get one of those special "milestone celebration" magical fastpasses). One of which is the daughter turned 18 this last fall. We were initially going to do a Disney cruise but a couple people in the family have iffy constitutions and likely would have been life flighted off the ship half way through due to severe motion sickness and claustrophobia. So we elected instead to do an extended land vacation at Universal (3 days) and Walt Disney World (11 days).

We will be driving to our destination via our Honda Pilot SUV. During our Universal portion of the trip we will be staying at the gorgeous TownPlace Suites - Flamingo Crossings. During the WDW portion of our trip we will be staying at Disneys Polynesian Village Resort and Fruity Adult Beverage Oasis. Way back in the day when vacationing as a young chap I remember the monorail trip from the TTC to the MK, passing over the Poly thinking to myself, "self, hopefully you will stay there one day before they take out the big lobby water fountain and create DVC rooms and pier top huts over the aligator infested waters of Seven Seas Lagoon". Well, didnt make it before some of those things happened, but I am going to get to stay there none the less.

I hope to be able to "live" report during our trip. We were not expecting to be there during the grand reveal of The World of Pandora, but I am looking forward to the sparkly bling of a jewelry themed land. For the benefit of all that follow, know that I will have received countless eye roles and stink-eye looks bringing you this live report as well as a number of "your taking a picture of that?" and "another churro?" questioning.

So in the words of Walt Disney....."For all those who come to this happy place, we accept cash and credit cards only, no checks please".

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Have made a couple of updates to the shedual.

* Added dinner at Skipper Canteen.
* Moved 50s Prime Time and Tepan Edo Dinners to Lunches to allow evening availability to hop back to DAK if we wanted to and if Navi FPs are available.
* Swapped our second Frozen FP for Test Track.

hanwill

Hey! Have a great trip.... btw- any questions about Chattanooga? I'm from there.... ;) It's a good stop. you can also go further outside Atlanta (lots of stops on the north side)...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey! Have a great trip.... btw- any questions about Chattanooga? I'm from there.... ;) It's a good stop. you can also go further outside Atlanta (lots of stops on the north side)...
Thanks for the offer. We are not getting away from KC until noon so Chattanooga is going to my limit that day Im affraid.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Have made a couple of updates to the shedual.

* Added dinner at Skipper Canteen.
* Moved 50s Prime Time and Tepan Edo Dinners to Lunches to allow evening availability to hop back to DAK if we wanted to and if Navi FPs are available.
* Swapped our second Frozen FP for Test Track.
FYI:
“Extra” Extra Magic Hours available exclusively in Pandora – The World of Avatar from 11:00pm to 1:00am, May 27 to July 4, 2017

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
This time next week I should be rolling in to Chattanooga for the night.
IMG_0022.JPG

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Original Poster
Road trip playlist is locked and loaded.

Roadtrip Play List

The Lion King Soundtrack
Moana Soundtrack
Titanic Soundtrack
Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack
Otlander Season 1 Soundtrack
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1
Kingdom Heirs - Various
Hillsong Worship - Let Their be Light
Crowdwer - Neon Steeple
For King and Country - Run Wild Live Free
Hyms - Sam Robinson
Wald Disney World Themepark Album
George Straight - 50 Number Ones
Best of Duran Duran
Dominic Gaudious - Relaxation/Contemplation
Fortissimo - Nova Era
Compilation Dance Party List
  • Single Ladies
  • Uptown Funk
  • Jump On It
  • Staying Alive
  • Cant Touch This
  • Too Legit to Quit
  • Shake it off
  • Gangham Style
  • Bohemian Rhaphsody

Sorry @Monty no Bieber.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom