How young is too young?

Raineman

It's definitely hard to give a blanket answer to this, as alot of it is personal preference. My opinion, and I would never say that everyone should feel this way, is that a trip to WDW should be enjoyable for everyone that goes. If you are taking babies/toddlers, so much time is spent by the parents packing the bag with all the stuff they need, lugging around the stroller, making sure the kids aren't too hot, or too hungry, or too thirsty, changing and feeding the baby, trading off on all the rides so that someone is with the kids at all times, etc. How can you, as parents, fully enjoy the trip if you are spending so much time making sure your kids enjoy it, while at the same time making sure all of their needs are constantly filled? And hours of being in the hot humid Florida weather can turn even the most docile, happy little one into a tiny rage monster by early afternoon, which definitely hampers their ability to enjoy WDW. IMO, when your child is old enough to be able to walk all day without tiring, and can eat, drink and use the washrooms with the same ability as an adult, and is able to go on almost every attraction, that is the perfect time to take them.

LP1

Congratulations on your news. There's such a range of experiences on here so I would say just go when you guys want! It's your holiday too and baby will get something out of it whatever age. We've recently been with your 21 month old and had the most amazing time! Just seeing how much she loved it made the holiday worthwhile. She is still talking about it everyday! We are also from the UK so had the travel, jet lag and climate difference to contend with but luckily it all worked out perfectly. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your baby and planning future trips!

Ps. This forum was so helpful for us for baby tips so definitely a good resource to use!

jaklgreen

We took ours when they were 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 years old. I liked that they were able to get out of the stroller and walk around and stretch their legs. I don't like the idea of a child just being stuck in a stroller or carrier getting hot. So to me, being able to move around and splash in some water in the Florida heat is important. I feel so bad for the babies that are in one of those body carriers all day sweating up against mom or dad. Our first trip was all 4 of us and the next year I took the kids solo(they were 2&3 years old). We did great, rented a stroller in the parks and just used Disney transportation. We just took is slow and had a great time.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Wow! thanks for all the replies. It seems like people are over the map on this. I'll tell you this, nothing will keep me away from WDW the year Star Wars Land opens.
Nothing ever should. I went with a pregnant wife, then my 6 month old and so forth and so on. We've had a blast every time!

correcaminos

Wow! thanks for all the replies. It seems like people are over the map on this. I'll tell you this, nothing will keep me away from WDW the year Star Wars Land opens.
LOL I don't blame you! Honestly we've had fun at all ages. Only not so fun time for me was when I was pregnant, but even then I'd still go for Star Wars LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom