Survivor: Game Changers - Mamanuca Islands

PUSH

Good move? For Andrea and Cirie I say yes, because it showed Zeke's plan of targeting them at the following TC. However, at that point in the game, it's dangerous. Sarah really didn't have an option of flipping back on Cirie and Andrea because she would be this season's traitor. As of right now, she has a solid group that she hasn't turned on. I like how she's playing. I also like how Sierra is playing. There are really a lot of players I could legitimately see winning this game... I think it will be either Cirie, Andrea, Sarah or Sierra. I would rank them in that order, too, meaning I think that person would win if they get to the end over the others.

I also found it interesting how three votes were for Tai... and I didn't catch the votes, but I assume that was Sierra, Brad and Troyzan, showing that Tai is on the bottom of that alliance.

And now, I'll bring back my power rankings based off of who I think will go home next week.

1. Troyzan - He has an idol, and he's shown he's not a threat in this game. When is the last time he's had a confessional?
2. Tai - Two idols, not the biggest target.
3. Michaela - She has been a target, but she is not a threat to win the game. She's looking more like the one who will make it to the end and not get a vote.
4. Aubry - She's had to lay low this season as she was the most threatening Koah Rong castaway, and that was the last season that aired before Game Changers, so she is fresh in the minds of her opponents. Her name has been brought up, but she's not the biggest threat.
5. Brad - He hasn't been the biggest target on the minority, and since the merge he has taken a backseat to Sierra.
6. Cirie - She's controlling the game, but nobody sees it because of more vocal players like Andrea, Sierra and Sarah. I think a lot of castaways are thinking they can get her out at any point because she won't win immunity.
7. Sarah - Everybody seems to want to work with her, and it seems like every vote she has the option to change the tribe dynamics... people may catch on soon.
8. Andrea - She and Sierra are very close together as the top two targets. I give Andrea the edge here because she's a challenge beast.
9. Sierra - She's been the focus of Andrea and Cirie for a long time, and her options are running out... unless of course she teams up with Andrea and Cirie.

Side note... it doesn't look like the tie vote rule will come into play this season, otherwise they would've played it up more. They haven't mentioned in since the premiere I believe. Also, three idols, a legacy advantage, and a vote steal are WAY too many gimmicks in the game at once. I'm all for idols, but the gimmicks are too much. This season has been overkill with a new one coming into play seemingly every episode.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The three Tai votes were indeed cast by Culpepper, Troy, and Sierra.

I am not happy with how this episode played out. I am so over Sierra and Officer Sarah. Not so crazy about Andrea this exact moment either, although I may get over it.

At this point, I'd like to see Culpepper, Cirie, and Aubry as the final three; something unimaginable at the beginning of the season.

PUSH

The three Tai votes were indeed cast by Culpepper, Troy, and Sierra.

I am not happy with how this episode played out. I am so over Sierra and Officer Sarah. Not so crazy about Andrea this exact moment either, although I may get over it.

At this point, I'd like to see Culpepper, Cirie, and Aubry as the final three; something unimaginable at the beginning of the season.
Change Culpepper to Andrea, and I like it. My people I want to win:

1. Cirie
2. Andrea
3. Aubry

Although I'd be beyond happy with any of them... although Aurby hasn't done a whole lot yet other than provide great one-liners. This week's soundbite, "AN EGG!"

PUSH

I'm really enjoying this season. Sierra definitely played a better game than in Worlds Apart. I wouldn't mind seeing her a third time, but I doubt it will happen.

It was fun to see Monica again, and see her talking strategy... something we rarely saw in One World or Blood vs Water. I think she's a much more savvy player than what was shown in BvW.

I loved Sarah's gameplay tonight. She has everybody's trust. And how dumb was it for Sierra to tell her, "If I'm voted out, I'm going to give you an advantage!" First, you're a target already... now you add even more incentive to vote you out? Sarah played it beautifully when talking to Michaela, saying Sierra has an advantage. She didn't lie about anything, but she left out some key facts: it can only be played at 6, and it will be passed on when she's voted out.

Michaela has so much potential. Every episode it seems like she's thinking strategically and logically, but then someone sways her with one conversation right before Tribal. She trusts way too much for this game, and she's someone I would want to take to the end, because she's a follower and I know I can beat her.

And I've said it before, but Cirie is so powerful with subtle moves and comments that really sway and steer the votes and thought process of the entire alliance.

I think these players have the best chance of winning at this point in the game... in order:

1. Sarah
2. Andrea
3. Cirie
4. Brad

I feel like the story and edit is running through Sarah's perspective, and I'm very impressed with her game after a not-so-great run in Cagayan. She made the jury, but made all the wrong moves at the merge.

My power rankings for who is safest to least safe for next week's episode:

1. Troyzan - Idol, non-threat.
2. Tai - Two idols, running out of time to play them.
3. Aubry - Off-the-radar.
4. Sarah - Everybody wants to work with her, and she's playing with intelligence. She's kind of playing a Tony-esque game without the chaos. Playing the middle ground, but also having the Trish factor to maintain the relationships with the people she's burned.
5. Cirie - She's a lesser target than Andrea, but she's still a big influence on the majority alliance, and it'd be wise to take her out. She has a great story for the jury.
6. Michaela - She's a swing vote, and I think a lot of players are getting tired of her antics.
7. Andrea - Big target, but it would be smart on several players' parts to get her out. Her time to go home may have passed, though. But once you're name is out there, it's hard pulling it back.
8. Brad - The biggest target of the remaining minority.

GenerationX

Sarah is trying to play Tony's game. She's largely succeeding.

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I grow weary of all the crying in the loved ones' episode.

I'm most impressed with Andrea (the outspoken leader) and Cirie (the silent leader). They've been running the show.

I've heard rumors there's a guy named "Troyzan" on this show. Is this true?

Tick Tock

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record here, but I grow weary of all the crying in the loved ones' episode.
THANK YOU. I wanted to say something last week, but felt it would look heartless. But seriously? Less than a month on a beach playing a game...and they act like they've been off at war in the Middle East for years not knowing if they'll live or die each day. I would understand the occasional misty eyed response, and I'm sure hunger & exhaustion have a large impact on the contestant's emotional state. But do they always have to act like their loved one just awoken from a decade-long coma and they haven't spoken in ages??

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way every time they have the reuniting episode. Maybe I'd understand more if I was facing the elements, hunger, exhaustion...and my mind caused a "meltdown" of sorts when I saw my loved one walk over. Who knows. But from an audience point of view, considering it's only been a few weeks of separation...it all just seems like over-acting. o_O

PUSH

First, let me say that I am saddened by the Andrea vote. She was my winner pick at the beginning of the season. I think she's definitely worth a 4th time. Dare I say, Survivor legend? One of my all-time favorites.

That second Tribal... what happened? How did Cirie not know the rules? My guess is she read the advantage, but then assumed "This advantage cannot be stolen." meant it can't be taken from someone against their will, but can be given to someone else. How awful for Cirie. But I love how Cirie thinks through strategy in confessionals, rather than just tells us what her plan is. "Could I really pull that off?" We've all heard those comments before (conceiving the plan to trick Erik in Micronesia), and it's masterful when she pulls that off. And if those rules weren't in place, Cirie was definitely going to pull that off. But Sarah's trust is now long gone.

How did it end up being Michaela? My only guess is that's the person who was least likely to pull out an idol, so they went with the safe vote.

Poor Aubry. Gotta love her. Another all-time favorite, who just can't catch a break.

Here's how I think the rest of the game will pan out.

6th/5th place: Brad, Cirie - Not sure which order, but Brad wins with that jury. He's played a good game, and is now an underdog. And you love to root for him this season. Truly changed his game. You can't put him up with that jury. Cirie is another person who would be tough to beat. Great Survivor legend, with a great Survivor story. If I were on a jury, I'd definitely reward that. Plus, who has played with Cirie and has had anything negative to say about her? Plus, I don't see Sarah trusting her.

4th: Tai - His idol get him to 4 if he doesn't give them away.

3rd: Troyzan - Perfect goat. He would have a lot of trouble receiving any votes at the final Tribal.

2nd: Aubry - Comes up short once again, and she's starting to get more air time. Maybe it's because she's going to be voted out soon, or maybe it's because she'll make it to the end, and they need a more compelling story. Which, every single person she was tight with out there has gotten voted out.

1st: Sarah - She's playing hard, and the entire post-merge has gone through her point of view. She's not my favorite... there's something about her that grinds my gears, but she would be a good winner. But I think if Sarah won it would be far too predictable. Cirie did say she'd love to take Sarah to the end, so maybe they end up there together and Cirie ends up winning. I just can't see anybody letting Cirie get there... but I guess they've let her get all this way, which is stupid.

Should be a fun finale. Definitely not the 6 I expected to get here, and definitely not the 6 I wanted to see here, but this has been a pretty solid season. Not an all-time great, because I think it's a somewhat boring cast compared to what it could have been, but there has been solid gameplay, and there are still a couple faces to root for.

GenerationX

I agree with pretty much everything @PUSH said. I'd add that Sarah probably knew Troyzan and Brad were not big Michaela fans, so it was easy to convince them to just vote for her. Too late to try to plan anything more tricky.

Cirie, what part of "non-transferable" did you not get? Wow. A mistake that probably cost her the game. When my wife and I watch The Amazing Race, we always yell at the people to READ their clues, and we've always said if we were on the show we'd read them twice. Same now goes for Survivor, though with Survivor you often have to also endure horrible poetry.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Great episode.... but again shows why they need to stop this tribal free for all. Troyzan was right to try to listen in... sorry mich. it's not a private room.

Can't believe tai didn't play the idol. He was gambling there.

I still can't figure out how cirie thought that would play out... they didn't seem to be playing with the others.

Should be interesting to see if next immunity is a physical challenge or mental

PUSH

I would just like to say I am equally as bummed by the elimination of Andrea today as I was two days ago.

PUSH

Season 35's title and theme has been revealed. Literally the worst title they've ever come up with. I know theme breaks away after the tribes switch up, but thinking of calling it this every time I reference it lowers my IQ.

Spoilers for those who don't want to know yet.

Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers.

What the H-E double hockey sticks is that? It consists of entirely new players with specific professions. Heroes will be firefighters, police, teachers, etc. Healers will be yoga instructors, etc. Hustlers I assume will be salesmen and so on. Essentially it's a spin off of Worlds Apart, which was a spin off of Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty. I get that they almost need a theme to bring in viewers anymore, but this title is just terrible. What a boring divide. It all depends on the cast, much like Millennials vs Gen X did, but boy.

So for specific themes/titles we've had:

Season 8: All-Stars
Season 12: Exile Island
Season 16: Fans vs Favorites
Season 20: Heroes vs Villains
Season 22: Redemption Island
Season 23: Redemption Island 2
Season 24: One World
Season 26: Fans vs Favorites 2
Season 27: Blood vs Water
Season 28: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty
Season 29: Blood vs Water 2
Season 30: Worlds Apart
Season 31: Second Chance
Season 32: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty 2
Season 33: Millennials vs Gen X
Season 34: Game Changers
Season 35: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

This new theme is clearly on the bottom of the idea list.

What are other peoples' thoughts on this theme?

Last edited:

NYwdwfan

Season 35's title and theme has been revealed. Literally the worst title they've ever come up with. I know theme breaks away after the tribes switch up, but thinking of calling it this every time I reference it lowers my IQ.

Spoilers for those who don't want to know yet.

Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers.

What the H-E double hockey sticks is that? It consists of entirely new players with specific professions. Heroes will be firefighters, police, teachers, etc. Healers will be yoga instructors, etc. Hustlers I assume will be salesmen and so on. Essentially it's a spin off of Worlds Apart, which was a spin off of Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty. I get that they almost need a theme to bring in viewers anymore, but this title is just terrible. What a boring divide. It all depends on the cast, much like Millennials vs Gen X did, but boy.

So for specific themes/titles we've had:

Season 8: All-Stars
Season 12: Exile Island
Season 16: Fans vs Favorites
Season 20: Heroes vs Villains
Season 22: Redemption Island
Season 26: Fans vs Favorites 2
Season 27: Blood vs Water
Season 28: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty
Season 29: Blood vs Water 2
Season 30: Worlds Apart
Season 31: Second Chance
Season 32: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty 2
Season 33: Millennials vs Gen X
Season 34: Game Changers
Season 35: Heroes vs Healers vs Hustlers

This new theme is clearly on the bottom of the idea list.

What are other peoples' thoughts on this theme?
I'm already bracing for an annoying cast.

PUSH

I'm already bracing for an annoying cast.
I miss the days when we didn't need a theme. An argument could be made for Philippines being the last theme-free season, but they even had a small one with the med-evac player on each tribe. Prior to that we had One World, Redemption Island 2, Redemption Island, and the Young vs Old/Medallion of Power mistake. The season before that was Heroes vs Villains, so it might be season 19: Samoa that was the last one without a theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom