MagicBand package "undeliverable"

mdubm

Original Poster
I'm a little heartbroken. Our package was supposed to arrive yesterday but did not. Then, delivery date changed to today, but tracking shows it's been sent back to another state after being at our local post office.
I've put in a call to both local and national USPS. Both are "working on it". I can't be the only one this has happened to. Any advice? I'm sure Disney will work it out, but I was really hoping to have magic bands for my daughter to unwrap.

KrzyKtty

We have been waiting since the thirteenth for the tracking to even show anything other than Waiting for delivery to USPS.....:(

mdubm

Original Poster
We have been waiting since the thirteenth for the tracking to even show anything other than Waiting for delivery to USPS.....:(
That's normal because they use another mail service in between the USPS service. Ours shipped 5/5, but tracking never showed up till 5/11.

AndrewsJ

I've never had an issue and I have had tons of Magicbands delivered. Hopefully they get it straightened out. Opening that package is part of the fun. How soon is your trip?

mdubm

Original Poster
I've never had an issue and I have had tons of Magicbands delivered. Hopefully they get it straightened out. Opening that package is part of the fun. How soon is your trip?
Our trip is June 4. The whole thing is frustrating. I called post office who told me to have the sender re-send because there's no way it would make it to me. Guess what showed upthe next day? My magic band package. But by that point, I had had Disney reship, so these are deactivated. Nowcutting it close to get them in time.

correcaminos

Our trip is June 4. The whole thing is frustrating. I called post office who told me to have the sender re-send because there's no way it would make it to me. Guess what showed upthe next day? My magic band package. But by that point, I had had Disney reship, so these are deactivated. Nowcutting it close to get them in time.
Can you reactivate these? Worst case is that you would pick the new up at check in. With 2 weeks I think you have more than plenty of time to get the new ones anyway

mdubm

Original Poster
Can you reactivate these? Worst case is that you would pick the new up at check in. With 2 weeks I think you have more than plenty of time to get the new ones anyway
Disney told me no because they had already made new ones. The new ones shipped Friday. One would think two weeks is plenty of time, but our last set shipped May 5 and arrived May 19, so it will be cutting it very close. We leave June 2 for a graduation that's on the way to Fla.

correcaminos

Disney told me no because they had already made new ones. The new ones shipped Friday. One would think two weeks is plenty of time, but our last set shipped May 5 and arrived May 19, so it will be cutting it very close. We leave June 2 for a graduation that's on the way to Fla.
My last set came in a week, so have hope! Just curiou, do the ones that were lost but arrived show up in MDE?

mdubm

Original Poster
If they are on the MagicBands and Cards, but show as "Inactive" or "Lost", you can reactivate them. You can have multiple active MagicBands linked to your profile.
They are currently still showing as active, I think. I need to double check the serial numbers and make sure it's not the ones that are being shipped. I only have one set showing up right now- would the others show up if they are still being shipped?

JaxFLBear

They are currently still showing as active, I think. I need to double check the serial numbers and make sure it's not the ones that are being shipped. I only have one set showing up right now- would the others show up if they are still being shipped?
MagicBands appear in MDE as soon as they are shipped out. With only one set showing in MDE, it's possible that Disney removed the first set from your account. You definitely want to compare the band ids of the first set to what's shown in MDE.

MickeyMomV

That's normal because they use another mail service in between the USPS service. Ours shipped 5/5, but tracking never showed up till 5/11.
For our last couple of trips we received the MG's prior to the tracking info being emailed out. The email was rather pointless at that point.

mdubm

Original Poster
UPDATE: they have arrived! They are correct, and as an added bonus, since we did the Kindermoon package we got 2 EXTRA extra fastpasses. I know, they're not for anything in high demand (Disney Jr and Dumbo/Ariel/philharmagic/Monsters Inc), BUT they're free (in theory).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom