Where should Zootopia Land go?

In what park would a Zootpoia Land go (and post why in the comments)?

• AK

Votes: 64 66.0%
  • MK

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • HS

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • EPCOT

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

IanDLBZF

I feel as if something Zootopia themed should go in AK. I'd replace Dinoland, but keep DINOSAUR/CTX and retheme the area around DINOSAUR, to match that of a more Dino Institute/SEA theming. As for DinoRama, I'd just retheme the area to Zootopia, get rid of Chester & Hester. Triceratops Spin and Primeval Whirl would be demolished, and I'd build a coaster/dark-ride hybrid and a Flight of Passage style attraction. I'd also move Pluto and Goofy elsewhere within AK and replace them with a Nick & Judy M&G.

Last edited:

felipenor

Avatar is a big risk if that franchise bombs. Star Wars is strong enough to carry itself and have staying power. Toy Story is borderline but a smaller land like they are doing will probably be OK. Wouldn't be surprised, though, if it eventually goes the way of Toon Town in MK.
Was Toon Town not popular? Is that why they took it down? I never got to see it in WDW but I was surprised to see it go since the one in Disneyland is always crowded.

IAmFloridaBorn

People, a land can be one ride or two attractions.
That said, Animal Kingdom. Why stop with Pandora?

As immersive as Zootopia can be, there is plenty room to create and build an aesthetically pleasing encounter for guests while being family friendly and bringing more bodies to Animal Kingdom. Animal Kingdom holds it's own weight and has potential to be Magic Kingdom concrete.

Zootopia footprint, (Doesnt have to be major) would have a huge impact on Animal Kingdoms numbers and beauty.

Doug Means

Original Poster
So what are you trying to say about Zootopia? One film in a possible franchise = land inside a theme park?
im not saying anything about Zootopia, i was wondering what other people thought. its a message board for discussion and such. i just started a poll/discussion. feel free to skip right on over it if you need too

Doug Means

Original Poster
No, it's not. It's associated with the PLANET, not the movie. I do not understand why y'all don't get that. If they never release another movie, it won't matter one bit. I mean, they never released a second movie for Song of the South, yet Splash Mountain is one of the most visited attractions anywhere.
where exactly is this planet?

Doug Means

Original Poster
Zootopia had/has extremely limited licensed products. My daughter is two and loves the movie, but aside from three plushies and a figure play set, there's nothing really for her to have that connects to that movie. When you look at a movie like Frozen or Moana where the characters are featured on toothbrushes, and diapers, and bubble bath, and bathing suits, and night gowns, and costumes, and bike helmets, and shoes, etc. and *they* don't have their own lands.... there's no way Disney is going to create a land for a movie they don't even bother marketing with goods.

That said, I vote AK
my daughter loves Moana(16 years old) and well i do too. i'd love to see something created for the movie in an epcot area as long as it fits the theme of the land/country it should be in.

999th Happy Haunt

Definitely not AK. It's such a beautiful and realistic park (Except DinoRama) that Zootopia would kind of ruin. It's too cartoony and plastic. It also doesn't go with the conservation message that is all about in AK.

DisneyparkFreak

There are sooooooo many other properties that deserve an attraction/land than zootopia. Just because its a disney movie doesn't mean its at the level of an attraction/land.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Im just wondering who where the two that voted for Zootopia to be in Epcot? That makes about as much sense as Ellen being in Universe of Energy.

I did! voted before fully reading the poll topic. I'm against a land period.

Zootopia however "can" work in Epcot. I've since changed my vote for Hollywood Studios because it's the best option for an IP dumping ground. That said I think Epcot has the potential to use Zootopia IP in a successful way. AK gets an automatic thumbs down from me only because I feel like it would be the obvious choice, and the wrong one. It would lend itself to a crappy ride because it doesn't fit the core purpose of the land and because it wouldn't surprise me to see WDI put something together on the cheap and thinking it'll do so long as it has animals in it. Nope. I'd be OK with it in HS or Epcot. The later being a choice that would require WDI to find a way to make it work in a park that boasts what a Utopian society would be like through the use of technology, communication, culture, innovation and discovery. Seems like a good choice to me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom